Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 2, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #61,503 of 62,655
Can I put you on my front lawn?

Oh, stars... Oops.

I'm eagerly anticipating my preorder of the supposedly even-more-stellar-but-can't-confirm-yet Noble Fokus Triumph, but evidently, they blew through the end of March ship date :frowning2:

In the meantime, it's back to some IEMs on adapters for the week.

Googling the Avoits now. If my wife finds out, it's on you.
Spare my life and get the black ones.

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #61,504 of 62,655
Good to see positive feedback from other users on the Aviot ZX1. Own the PNK version and am interested in hearing a comparison with red one.
I think someone here already made a comparison. I'm listening to these on flat EQ and have no desire to touch it, but I imagine they could be EQ'd similarly. I actually do like the Cowboy Bebop voice prompts though.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #61,507 of 62,655
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #61,508 of 62,655
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #61,509 of 62,655
Okay, opened my Aviots ZX1 and I'm glad I did. Clear and punchy, great soundstage, can handle the really busy stuff. Best symbol decay I've heard. As @erockg might say, these are stellar. Unfortunately they actually look stellar too, like two dwarf stars coming out of my ears. The metallic red is subtle in dark settings but if it catches the light, well let's just say I'm not going to be able to hide these from the wife and kid.

I've never heard the other big boys like Noble Focus Pro, but I'm guessing these are in that class based on what I read here. For the indiegogo price, they were a steal
Yeah I agree they were an absolute steal for the indiegogo price these come close to competing with some of my 500-600 dollar iems.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #61,510 of 62,655

These? https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/TE-Z1PNK-Cancelling-Earphones-Resolution-Multi-Point/dp/B0BMZTHL3J

Those look fine. How are they?

The new ones look like wanna be transformers. I'm not sure I could sport those outside my house :)
Not those. The ZX1 PNK. I do have the Z1 too. The ZX1 are really clean and balanced sounding, very good instrument separation and great soundstage. Can blast it at max volume without it overwhelming my ears. Doesn't exhibit that harsh treble that some TWS with LDAC get. Connection is very stable indoors even at max LDAC settings
P_20240402_193546.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #61,511 of 62,655
Not those. The ZX1 PNK. I do have the Z1 too. The ZX1 are really clean and balanced sounding, very good instrument separation and great soundstage. Can blast it at max volume without it overwhelming my ears. Doesn't exhibit that harsh treble that some TWS with LDAC get. Connection is very stable indoors even at max LDAC settingsP_20240402_193546.jpg
The harsh treble is what I feared most. I didn't much like the few hybrid tws I tried. The ZX1 have three BA drivers but they seem well placed and there's no harshness. I've been going through mostly of instrumental music but really like how vocals stand out without diminishing the rest of instrumentation which comes through loud and clear as well. Very well done.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #61,512 of 62,655
I've
The harsh treble is what I feared most. I didn't much like the few hybrid tws I tried. The ZX1 have three BA drivers but they seem well placed and there's no harshness. I've been going through mostly of instrumental music but really like how vocals stand out without diminishing the rest of instrumentation which comes through loud and clear as well. Very well done.
I like the PNK tuned bass. Very responsive and dynamic

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #61,513 of 62,655
Initial impressions are good for the Aviot ZX1's. I had to change my usual instinct to use the largest tips available, as I was noticing a huge dip in the treble, but I quickly realized the silicon tips were causing the earphones to stick out too far. Once I went one size down the treble came in at a much better level. Comfort is above average, but I also have fairly large ears, but even on me they stick out quite a bit, but I also like the look on me, the red sticks out, but the black circles for the control touch pad make it look I have small gauges at first glance.

The recharge case is medium size, slightly bigger than my XM3's, same volume as a MTW3's, but shorter and longer. The little zipper case that it comes with that you can cover the actual recharge case is nice too, I already clipped it to the front of my backpack.

ANC is pretty good so far. It's definitely not the best, but far above average. Transparency mode is pretty good as well, does not sound incredibly robotic.

Controls are great, and 1x, 2x, 3x are all customizable in the Aviot app (Play, Change Track, Volume up or Down, no assistant though). Right 1.5 second tap can be customized for the different types of ANC modes (Off, Transparent, ANC).

I will have more tomorrow, as I'm commuting on public transit, which usually is a good test on how I like any pair of TWS.

Oh, one last thing for people that are getting it, I'm sure it's pretty obvious, but I initially couldn't figure out why the buds weren't pairing to my phone at first, nor recharging...there are tiny little stickers on the contacts that you need to remove on the buds. Very much a face palm moment on my part.

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #61,515 of 62,655
Can I put you on my front lawn?

Oh, stars... Oops.

I'm eagerly anticipating my preorder of the supposedly even-more-stellar-but-can't-confirm-yet Noble Fokus Triumph, but evidently, they blew through the end of March ship date :frowning2:

In the meantime, it's back to some IEMs on adapters for the week.

Googling the Avoits now. If my wife finds out, it's on you.
Interested in the noble fokus triumph too but is it correct that they don't have ANC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back