Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #61,474 of 62,667
My tracking info cites a delay due to a mechanical failure. But mine are in Louisville, Kentucky, by way of Anchorage, Alaska.
Good news !
“Estimated delivery
Tomorrow, April 02 by 7:00 P.M.” cresny: Hopefully yours do too:question:

I’ll be happy to know they’ll be waiting for me. Still…a couple weeks is long time. I’ll be jonesing for sure.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #61,475 of 62,667
I got the Jabra Elite 10 the other day and I am more impressed than I thought I'd be. In fact quite happy. I was not expecting much from the sound quality. I did a big bass bump in an overall W shaped EQ and I really enjoy the sound. ANC is not great but ok. You can pause when entering transparency mode, which is also big for me. Phone call quality so far has been tip top, both in quiet environments and dog walks, where most TWS struggle. Phone calls didn't used to be so important to me but they are more so now. The wacky non-circular nozzle shape is not so great, but it does work with some other tips I have that I like. So not too bad. The size of the case is phenomenal, these can truly fit in that little pocket of pants by the main right front pocket. So svelte. The app is not as sleek as Senns or even Technics, but not bad either. The spatial sound is useless with music, just stick to normal sound and it's a kind of nice spacious sound and it can still thump. MTW4 are my favorite sound but this is also quite enjoyable.

Lack of certain codec support may make it a non-starter for some. I took a gamble without any AptX support and these are solid enough for on the go. Took them onto a mass transit excursion into NYC on Saturday and they passed the test. That is their main use case for me and so they are solid in those scenarios.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #61,479 of 62,667
I got the Jabra Elite 10 the other day and I am more impressed than I thought I'd be. In fact quite happy. I was not expecting much from the sound quality. I did a big bass bump in an overall W shaped EQ and I really enjoy the sound. ANC is not great but ok. You can pause when entering transparency mode, which is also big for me. Phone call quality so far has been tip top, both in quiet environments and dog walks, where most TWS struggle. Phone calls didn't used to be so important to me but they are more so now. The wacky non-circular nozzle shape is not so great, but it does work with some other tips I have that I like. So not too bad. The size of the case is phenomenal, these can truly fit in that little pocket of pants by the main right front pocket. So svelte. The app is not as sleek as Senns or even Technics, but not bad either. The spatial sound is useless with music, just stick to normal sound and it's a kind of nice spacious sound and it can still thump. MTW4 are my favorite sound but this is also quite enjoyable.

Lack of certain codec support may make it a non-starter for some. I took a gamble without any AptX support and these are solid enough for on the go. Took them onto a mass transit excursion into NYC on Saturday and they passed the test. That is their main use case for me and so they are solid in those scenarios.
ANC is good, better than okay at least - if you switch eartips. I recommend the Bose Quietcomfort ones.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #61,480 of 62,667
I think I'm getting the Aviots delivered today, but it depends if I'm available to be home for the delivery today - have to run a couple of errands during the day so I'm not sure what will happen there.

Unfortunately I have to pay taxes and import fees, thought I would be spared from that somehow, going through Indiegogo. So an extra $90 (well, roughly translated from SEK) on top of that price makes me wish I went for the PNKs.

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #61,481 of 62,667
I think I'm getting the Aviots delivered today, but it depends if I'm available to be home for the delivery today - have to run a couple of errands during the day so I'm not sure what will happen there.

Unfortunately I have to pay taxes and import fees, thought I would be spared from that somehow, going through Indiegogo. So an extra $90 (well, roughly translated from SEK) on top of that price makes me wish I went for the PNKs.
Same here, had to pay customs, tax and UPS fee (!) in total of ~$75

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #61,482 of 62,667
Hi All,

(Very) long time lurker here - don't think I've ever posted before but the information I've got from this discussion has been absolutely invaluable over the years so thanks to each and every one of you for your contributions - I've learned a lot.

Anyway my daily driver has been the Sony WF-1000XM4 which I have been delighted with since I got a pair in 2021 - unlike a lot of people they just hit the sweet spot for me in terms of comfort, sound and ANC. Unfortunately it seems I am about to succumb to the infamous battery drain problem and so, sadly, I need to get something to replace them.

Before I go for the obvious upgrade to the XM5, I thought I'd ask here if there are any other TWS which have the one killer feature which I use constantly with the XM4 - that is the ability to use Amazon Alexa (and Google Assistant) completely handsfree.

I am aware there are other earphones which supports Voice Assistants but as far as I have researched they all require touching the earphone in some way - only Sony's seem to have the ability to work totally handsfree - this might sound trivial to some but the ease of use of this feature for controlling my music or asking questions to Alexa etc. while I am out and about (particularly in cold weather) is just something I don't think I can do without. (Of course stellar sound, ANC, comfort etc. are all essential as well :) )

Anyway anyone know of any decent alternatives to Sony which support this particular hands-free feature.

Many thanks in advance.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #61,483 of 62,667
Only ones i've ever heard of doing that are the Sony's and Apple Airpods
At least you can pick up the XM5's for much cheaper these days

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #61,484 of 62,667
Hi All,

(Very) long time lurker here - don't think I've ever posted before but the information I've got from this discussion has been absolutely invaluable over the years so thanks to each and every one of you for your contributions - I've learned a lot.

Anyway my daily driver has been the Sony WF-1000XM4 which I have been delighted with since I got a pair in 2021 - unlike a lot of people they just hit the sweet spot for me in terms of comfort, sound and ANC. Unfortunately it seems I am about to succumb to the infamous battery drain problem and so, sadly, I need to get something to replace them.

Before I go for the obvious upgrade to the XM5, I thought I'd ask here if there are any other TWS which have the one killer feature which I use constantly with the XM4 - that is the ability to use Amazon Alexa (and Google Assistant) completely handsfree.

I am aware there are other earphones which supports Voice Assistants but as far as I have researched they all require touching the earphone in some way - only Sony's seem to have the ability to work totally handsfree - this might sound trivial to some but the ease of use of this feature for controlling my music or asking questions to Alexa etc. while I am out and about (particularly in cold weather) is just something I don't think I can do without. (Of course stellar sound, ANC, comfort etc. are all essential as well :) )

Anyway anyone know of any decent alternatives to Sony which support this particular hands-free feature.

Many thanks in advance.
Jabra Elite 10 supports hands-free assistant but you have to sacrifice Volume Up for it.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #61,485 of 62,667
Just an update regarding me emailing Cambridge Audio about The bugs in the Melomania M-100.

"Thank you for contacting Cambridge Audio and for purchasing the M100s.

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated and has been passed on to the Melomania Team for comment. I am sorry that you have not had a great experience so far, and if there is anything that can be done to improve your experience in terms of firmware updates please rest assured we will investigate it. Once I have heard back on the points that you have raised. Until then, I'll put your ticket on hold to stop it from closing."

So no mention of a new firmware lurking around the corner,but i have no doubt they will get to the bottom of the bugs that exist.

But i think if more of us that has bugs contacts them, the faster a firmware will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back