Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #61,456 of 62,453
Well, new toy to have a play with --- totally forgot i'd got a Fiio UTWS5 to pair up with my FH5's plus new phone which supports both AptX Adaptive and LHDC (supposedly better)

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #61,459 of 62,453
IMG_7292.jpeg

Let’s see what 1.70$ gets you these days :wink:

Always wanted something in orange

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #61,460 of 62,453
Totally agree. Not okay. But there’s immense pressure to deliver particularly for a smaller company like CA. I’d be more willing to work with them than someone like Bose/Sony. We need more competition in the market not less. And we need more audio focused companies to stay in the mix in TWS or else we’ll be left with nothing but the big four pumping out consumer friendly tws in a different color every month.
You got a point here but the underlying thing driving TWS, the wireless connection, should be sorted before the release date. Iterate and improve afterwards. Trying to fix what shouldn't be broken in the first place doesn't bring confidence. Would you be happy with a car that got all (ish) but you can't drive it? It shouldn't be up for sale.

I understand corporate side of the business but, as probably lots of you maniacs out there, would pay even more for fully working product from a 'boutique' company just to support them if they'd deliver. Audio hobby is expensive, TWS isn't (yet) but looking at Noble's Prestige (apparently great), we are getting there.

CA isn't new company. They know what they are doing audio wise but apparently they can't handle the BT hardware. Same with Noble and their latest "Triumph" (grumpy owner).

Sorry about the rant but, IMHO, any, big or small player, should at least do the basics right

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #61,461 of 62,453
Hard to believe they couldn’t improve the case in what 6 years?
They don't care, almost ALL reviews mention this since the mtw2, case size is important.

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #61,462 of 62,453
Anybody tried and have thoughts on the Jabra elite 10?

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #61,463 of 62,453
You got a point here but the underlying thing driving TWS, the wireless connection, should be sorted before the release date. Iterate and improve afterwards. Trying to fix what shouldn't be broken in the first place doesn't bring confidence. Would you be happy with a car that got all (ish) but you can't drive it? It shouldn't be up for sale.

I understand corporate side of the business but, as probably lots of you maniacs out there, would pay even more for fully working product from a 'boutique' company just to support them if they'd deliver. Audio hobby is expensive, TWS isn't (yet) but looking at Noble's Prestige (apparently great), we are getting there.

CA isn't new company. They know what they are doing audio wise but apparently they can't handle the BT hardware. Same with Noble and their latest "Triumph" (grumpy owner).

Sorry about the rant but, IMHO, any, big or small player, should at least do the basics right
Yeah, sounds like similar issues that the Melomania touch 6 years ago that they never quite fixed. It got me to realize for TWS, BT connection was my #1 with sound a close second.

I'm going to give a wide berth to the M100's.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #61,464 of 62,453
So I thought I lost my Soundcore Liberty 3 Pros but it turns out they got buried underneath my couch padding for the past 3 months. Anyways, I had recently picked up the Spinfit Omni in Large size, and they are a real saving grace for the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro with a much more reliable fit than the stock tips and the CP360 (which is better than the stock tips but still a tad slippery). They also preserve the Buds 2 Pro tuning much better while the CP360 tones down the mids and treble a fair bit while the bass becomes a tad boomy. Unfortunately I find the large tips rather awkward on the Liberty 3 Pro (which work best with stock tips) and Sony Linkbuds, with the CP360 I prefer medium on the Linkbuds S (although they sometimes don't seal well) and Large on my Buds 2 Pro and Soundcore Space A40.

This brings me to another issue I have encountered with the L3P and previously with some other TWS which is volume dipping. Not a technical failure but it sounds like driver flex/pressure. Often I have to fiddle with the fit to bring back the bass and treble which seems to drop down as they slip out of my ear. I had 2 L3P's and it has become very obvious on the first pair (Silver, which I retired because I noticed some reddish mold or bacteria growing after not using it for over 6 months) and I'm now noticing it on my second pair (purple).

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #61,465 of 62,453
Apr 1, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #61,466 of 62,453
Apr 1, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #61,467 of 62,453
Just waiting for something groundbreaking, keeping my money in my pocket, and until then still rocking the EX and Svanar.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #61,468 of 62,453

Users who are viewing this thread

Back