Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 27, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #61,307 of 62,454
Mar 27, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #61,308 of 62,454
Not sure why you do not know this by now but aptX Adaptive falls back to standard aptX so it will work on your phone and if you want aptX HD then you need to look at B&W earbuds as they add it as a standalone Codec and not many TWS earbuds ever used it mainly headphones.

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #61,309 of 62,454
Not sure why you do not know this by now but aptX Adaptive falls back to standard aptX so it will work on your phone and if you want aptX HD then you need to look at B&W earbuds as they add it as a standalone Codec and not many TWS earbuds ever used it mainly headphones.
The more you know, I was not aware that Adaptative can fall back to standard, thks

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #61,311 of 62,454
Well the mic was poor in the noisy environment test but he said the ANC was good esp. wind noise and as you know these are going to primarily be about SQ.

Battery is really good if true but will no doubt be AAC@50% Vol unless otherwise stated.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #61,315 of 62,454
Sounds like they do need an update. Maybe not so much for the issue on the PC but they should fix needing to take both sides out for the music to pause if that is the current behavior. :)

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #61,316 of 62,454
These are replaceable. Batteries on TWS are not. Big difference.
I can replace my phone battery?

I honestly didn't even know that was an option.

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #61,317 of 62,454
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #61,318 of 62,454
What's the ohm on them? The B3 Impedance: 14.8Ω±15% (@1kHz) and the Shure adapters can do it. I do know I've had other IEMs in the past and the TW2 had a hard time.
From Headphonia's review: "Its impedance is generally below 30 Ohms, but depends on the frequency it is measured with. The sensitivity of Kaiser Encore is slightly higher than the K10’s. The Kaiser 10 has been considered as one of the more sensitive IEMs."

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #61,319 of 62,454
I am currently talking to a couple of great people working at Sennheiser and the topic of wireless audio codecs and sound quality came up. Thought this might be interesting for some of you.
"About wireless audio, you are absolutely right, than when in a mobile and busy environment, the differences are likely negligible, as you may be distracted by environment noise and it is also nearly impossible to zoom into the music without compromising on safety.
Of course, these are subjective based on individual. But priority in an outdoor environment will be to prevent drop-off, and to achieve it, the scalable Bluetooth codec will usually reduce to low bit-rate for a more stable connection.
With regards to the sound quality of apt-x lossless, it is quite unfortunate that I have not tested it, as I mentioned, due to limited source. But I am trying to borrow a Sony phone to be able to test out further.
Prior to the launch of Momentum True Wireless 4 with its apt-X Lossless, I was able to test apt-X, apt-X HD, LDAC and AAC vs wired (USB and Aux) in a semi-controlled condition, where everything is the same, other than the connection.
The equipment I used is an Astell & Kern SP 2000T, ifI DSD Gryphon and IE 600, and playing Nat King Cole’s L-O-V-E and ACDC Shoot to Thrill.
With my colleague, the biggest impression formed on us is not just the increase in detail retrieval, but an obvious increase in soundstage. I can write a lot about it, but here is the brief (not-so) recap:
In the case of SBC and apt-X, the sound is akin to a HD 600 space where it is intimate and goes from ear-to-ear (in-head). The separation between instruments are neglible and it can be perceived to be murky.
And as we switch to the Hi-Res codec, tonality of the music change as the bass gives a speedier perception and the soundstage expanded outwards into the space around the head. With the expansion of the soundstage, the perception of layering (or depth) becomes noticable.
What is interesting is that the AAC codec perform quite closely with apt-X HD, even though AAC is not a high-resolution codec
But the best performance goes to LDAC, where the piano tap reverbate very crystal clearly and I can hear clearly the air reverb from the trumpet in L-O-V-E. But I was able to achieve that as I was able to toggle the highest 990kbps while apt-X HD capped at 570kbps
I personally will love to also experience apt-X Lossless and the latest LC3+, and I will share with you once I have tested."

Wee Hong, Kuan
Senior Product Manager, Global Audiophile Segment Of Sennheiser
"But the best performance goes to LDAC," Wait ...LDAC...I went to check the box they came in and the web to make sure that the Senior Product Manager, Global Audiophile Segment Of Sennheiser: likes a codec BEST which is not available on its newest flagship TWS ???

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #61,320 of 62,454
Well the mic was poor in the noisy environment test but he said the ANC was good esp. wind noise and as you know these are going to primarily be about SQ.

Battery is really good if true but will no doubt be AAC@50% Vol unless otherwise stated.
Talking about the new melanomia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back