Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 21, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #61,096 of 62,212
I still find it sad to always drop in excuse well everybody does something like that. Yes and we should go after them too but this was on a very high level Apple's pretty special how it uses their Monopoly power like a few other companies.
Great, but how does it affect the end user?

If this ruling meant that I got more codecs available, better NFC apps, deeper system integration for system wide EQ, less power limitations for dongle DAPs , etc that would actually be great!

But honestly I couldn’t care less about a company like say Spotify, Epic Games, Meta or Goo… nee Alphabet for example wanting to save some money on fees to enrich themselves with who all engage in some nefarious activities .

This lawsuit doesn’t lead to a better product, or lower prices for me as end user (But it’s great for my brokerage account!) . And guess what’s motivating the lawsuit…it’s the latter. And why am I cheering for another billion dollar company to win outside of growing my brokerage account ?

So it’s honestly something I couldn’t care less about. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #61,098 of 62,212
Anyone still rocking the Bose Open ultras? I actually think they sound great once you get used to placement. Still think the auto volume is cool but also think the price is at least 100 dollars to much.
Right now. I use them all the time walking my son to school. Def overpriced but I use them and the Freeclip buds so much it's worth it.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #61,100 of 62,212
@howdy Same here. They sound fuller to me than the Freebuds but sometimes hurt depending on how I clip them. No issues with the Freeclips. Just ordered these: https://a.co/d/1rEevBo But I can’t imagine they’ll compete!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #61,102 of 62,212
[Mod comment]

Some of the discussion appears to have gone away from true wireless IEMs and into other areas of conversation. Since this thread is dedicated to true wireless IEMs, let's please keep the topic of discussion there. Those who would like to discuss other topics are welcome to take part in threads focused on those subjects, and if none already exist, to start one of their own in the Members' Lounge forums. Now, let's please bring it all back to true wireless. Thanks everyone.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #61,103 of 62,212
Still thinking hard about getting these. How are you liking now after having them a while?

When I listen to Aaron's samples I really like the signature but worry I might find it a bit shouty at times.

Any annoying faults?
dweaver, I think I pretty well covered my take on the Ace a few pages back. They have good sound, but not better than what you already have. In your windy party of the world, you would hate them outside. But if you're just looking to try something different, and you'll be indoors and don't need much isolation, you might like them. I enjoy them in my quiet office, but they're not versatile.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #61,104 of 62,212
dweaver, I think I pretty well covered my take on the Ace a few pages back. They have good sound, but not better than what you already have. In your windy party of the world, you would hate them outside. But if you're just looking to try something different, and you'll be indoors and don't need much isolation, you might like them. I enjoy them in my quiet office, but they're not versatile.
Hi, not sure if a wire is crossed.

I was asking @helmutcheese about his experience with the JLab Epic Lab TWS.

The Ace TWS's haven't really caught me eye.

Having said that the Epic Lab might not be an upgrade for either, just another side grade down another rabbit hole...

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #61,106 of 62,212
I don't know what happened, but after further EQ:ing and just listening to the Moondrop Golden Ages - it's grown on me.
My opinion is still that most of you people here who have a bunch of TWS earbuds already that costs 2x-3x more shouldn't get it because it is NOT good like those.
But they are definitely decent enough if I think about the fact that they cost $80-ish. The mics are absolute garbage though, that is hard to get around.

I would never get them if I wasn't on Android however, just because I feel like Wavelet (or equivalent) is necessary to make them sound okay.

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #61,107 of 62,212
Somehow, I'm still getting updates about the Indiegogo campaign for the Aviot TE-ZX1, even though I didn't participate.

I'm glad I didn't because it seems like they're only shipping by the end of the month. Since I'll be in Japan in May, I'll be able to try them in person.

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #61,108 of 62,212
So I've just received these puppies:
20240322_132634.jpg

when I take them out of the case both say: 'paring' but after I pair them I get sound from only one, the touch plate on the silent one isn't responsive and they are not recognised in the Noble Fokus app. I've tried resetting, connecting to a different device, switching to different codecs.. nada.

update: after resetting them in the case (pressing the little button for few seconds, they go off, on and say 'pairing' (not sure if both of only one. After that only one blinks white/blue. The other one does not and that's the one that doesn't play anything.
:wink:

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #61,110 of 62,212
I don't know what happened, but after further EQ:ing and just listening to the Moondrop Golden Ages - it's grown on me.
My opinion is still that most of you people here who have a bunch of TWS earbuds already that costs 2x-3x more shouldn't get it because it is NOT good like those.
But they are definitely decent enough if I think about the fact that they cost $80-ish. The mics are absolute garbage though, that is hard to get around.

I would never get them if I wasn't on Android however, just because I feel like Wavelet (or equivalent) is necessary to make them sound okay.
This is about the most mediocre endorsement ever. Like a fungus. They are growing on me. lol. I bought some MOONDROP stuff once. Equivalent of burning money.
So I've just received these puppies:
20240322_132634.jpg

when I take them out of the case both say: 'paring' but after I pair them I get sound from only one, the touch plate on the silent one isn't responsive and they are not recognised in the Noble Fokus app. I've tried resetting, connecting to a different device, switching to different codecs.. nada.

update: after resetting them in the case (pressing the little button for few seconds, they go off, on and say 'pairing' (not sure if both of only one. After that only one blinks white/blue. The other one does not and that's the one that doesn't play anything.
:wink:
Care to share how you acquired these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back