Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #61,111 of 62,472
This is about the most mediocre endorsement ever. Like a fungus. They are growing on me. lol. I bought some MOONDROP stuff once. Equivalent of burning money.

Care to share how you acquired these?
Pre-order, Hifonix from Birmingham, UK. Apparently a half baked product.. not impressed so far. I've reached out to the store for some advice.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #61,113 of 62,472
I'm starting to think they'll go back. Even the LEDs on both don't match it terms of how they shine.

The fit itself is odd. I had Fokus Pro and Mystique's (I liked the fit of the latter) but this one feels awkward and perhaps a bit unstable.

Here's few photos of comparison against ThieAudio's Prestige LTD (not the smallest IEM's but very well profiled - for me at least)

e96f3fe5-2a38-47ac-b42a-1264a53578e0.jpg

a47c91d6-b75d-47e6-9d46-37ad367adbcc.jpg

81b87a55-f503-48c7-a399-80ab0a122f72.jpg

10afcd32-7ee0-4160-9629-123fb633f197.jpg

From few angles Noble's are way smaller but form others they are quite substantial!

Awkward...

The case is covered in this funny material you can get on car dashboard. Obviously to soon to tell but I don't think it'll hold the looks for a long time.

Sadly cannot say anything meaningful about the sound. Shame

Update: in pitch black I can see faint, almost invisible LED's white light when the buds are both in the case. One of which is brighter (hence the difference in brightness in daylight I suppose)

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #61,114 of 62,472
I'm starting to think they'll go back. Even the LEDs on both don't match it terms of how they shine.

The fit itself is odd. I had Fokus Pro and Mystique's (I liked the fit of the latter) but this one feels awkward and perhaps a bit unstable.

Here's few photos of comparison against ThieAudio's Prestige LTD

e96f3fe5-2a38-47ac-b42a-1264a53578e0.jpg
a47c91d6-b75d-47e6-9d46-37ad367adbcc.jpg
81b87a55-f503-48c7-a399-80ab0a122f72.jpg
10afcd32-7ee0-4160-9629-123fb633f197.jpg

From few angles Noble's are way smaller but form others they are quite substantial!

Awkward...

The case is covered in this funny material you can get on car dashboard. Obviously to soon to tell but I don't think it'll hold the looks for a long time.

Sadly cannot say anything meaningful about the sound. Shame
Can you use LE Audio? One think I did like on the Creative Aurana 2 was that LE Audio really made those xMems shine. At least for me and my hard rock.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #61,116 of 62,472
Pre-order, Hifonix from Birmingham, UK. Apparently a half baked product.. not impressed so far. I've reached out to the store for some advice.
Same. they shipped out yesterday and arrived today.

100% there are launch issues. The Fokus app doesn't do much other than show the name either and the update doesn't go through. I did have slight crackling on the right side when first connecting, but that went away after disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth. Might have just not properly connected first time around. Not sure if it's the stock tips that are behind it or it needs to be connected to a PC/ Desktop to update, as did a bit of tip rolling and source changing at the same time (between N7, iphone & PC) - was a bit sibilant at the start - too sharp/ artificial, not much bass to speak of and a wierd signature in general that threw me off.

Finally settled with the xelastec (standard, don't have the tws ones yet) and connected to PC. Not sure which part it was, but did get to a result where I am satisfied - though from the initial impression, was this close to returning them.

They are really good when working as intended, it's just the intended part.
I assume the change from sources is as there's different codecs. Not sure if anyone else has tried changing sources/ codecs/ tips just yet.

To nitpick, the case closing isn't the most satisying - the hinge feels a bit too soft and the snap close isn't as stong as other sets. Almost thought the usb-c connector was broken as it was loose on first use, but it was designed that way, you have to really push it in and it snaps in firmly. The design is smaller in width, but is stretched a bit long which might be an issue for some. The touch controls aren't very responsive, I'm used to the buds where you just touch it once and it recognises it - these not so much. Can't imagine doing a double tap or triple tap on these.

But on the flipside, when it is working as intended, they do get sufficiently loud. The signature is exactly as advertised, speed is prioritised, bass is there and more prominent than a neutral iem, but it's not basshead bass either - you can hear it more than enough, but the rumble is missing. The treble is surprisingly good, it's crisp and energetic.

Attachments

• IMG_7685.jpg
    IMG_7685.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7684.jpeg
    IMG_7684.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 15.41.35.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 15.41.35.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 22, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #61,117 of 62,472
Another pro I've just though of is tip rolling is probably expected, as even with different tips the case closes. With other tws sets that's an issue.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #61,119 of 62,472
Same. they shipped out yesterday and arrived today.

100% there are launch issues. The Fokus app doesn't do much other than show the name either and the update doesn't go through. I did have slight crackling on the right side when first connecting, but that went away after disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth. Might have just not properly connected first time around. Not sure if it's the stock tips that are behind it or it needs to be connected to a PC/ Desktop to update, as did a bit of tip rolling and source changing at the same time (between N7, iphone & PC) - was a bit sibilant at the start - too sharp/ artificial, not much bass to speak of and a wierd signature in general that threw me off.

Finally settled with the xelastec (standard, don't have the tws ones yet) and connected to PC. Not sure which part it was, but did get to a result where I am satisfied - though from the initial impression, was this close to returning them.

They are really good when working as intended, it's just the intended part.
I assume the change from sources is as there's different codecs. Not sure if anyone else has tried changing sources/ codecs/ tips just yet.

To nitpick, the case closing isn't the most satisying - the hinge feels a bit too soft and the snap close isn't as stong as other sets. Almost thought the usb-c connector was broken as it was loose on first use, but it was designed that way, you have to really push it in and it snaps in firmly. The design is smaller in width, but is stretched a bit long which might be an issue for some. The touch controls aren't very responsive, I'm used to the buds where you just touch it once and it recognises it - these not so much. Can't imagine doing a double tap or triple tap on these.

But on the flipside, when it is working as intended, they do get sufficiently loud. The signature is exactly as advertised, speed is prioritised, bass is there and more prominent than a neutral iem, but it's not basshead bass either - you can hear it more than enough, but the rumble is missing. The treble is surprisingly good, it's crisp and energetic.
So Europe got these first? That's BS. We Americans and our accompanying sense of entitlement are outraged! Any more thoughts on sound?

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #61,121 of 62,472
Can you use LE Audio? One think I did like on the Creative Aurana 2 was that LE Audio really made those xMems shine. At least for me and my hard rock.
LE audio only works with a dongle for your phone, otherwise it won't do anything.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #61,122 of 62,472
LE audio only works with a dongle for your phone, otherwise it won't do anything.
It sure did do something with the Aurvana on my Pixel Fold. Toggled the switch on in my bt setting and it changed drastically for the better.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #61,123 of 62,472
So Europe got these first? That's BS. We Americans and our accompanying sense of entitlement are outraged! Any more thoughts on sound?
Lol! What makes this even funnier is it's a US company. :joy:

Hiccups aside, it's a really solid piece of equipment. It's only been the day so far.

Personally, I would rate it quite highly just for SQ alone - it is quite fun/ engaging, the clarity is higher than I expected - although wouldn't be as good at seperation as an iem (but that's maybe an unfair comparision). The slow decay on the DD, with the more speedy flavour of the xmems complement each other well, it's a different flavour. Hopefully others will be getting their sets soon and can share their thoughts.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #61,124 of 62,472
Lol! What makes this even funnier is it's a US company. :joy:

Hiccups aside, it's a really solid piece of equipment. It's only been the day so far.

Personally, I would rate it quite highly just for SQ alone - it is quite fun/ engaging, the clarity is higher than I expected - although wouldn't be as good at seperation as an iem (but that's maybe an unfair comparision). The slow decay on the DD, with the more speedy flavour of the xmems complement each other well, it's a different flavour. Hopefully others will be getting their sets soon and can share their thoughts.
Sounds a lot like XM1s

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #61,125 of 62,472
Anyone compared sound quality between MTW4 and Aurvana Ace 2?

I still like the sound of the Creatives, but they are so affected by wind noise I can't wear them outside.

So if the MTW4 sounds as good (or better?) I would invest I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back