Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 21, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #61,081 of 62,454
Got my Moondrop Golden Ages in the mail just now.

First impression:
Don't fall for any hype.
Connecting them with my phone took awhile, they didn't show up in the pairing list the first 10 times I tried to connect them, but just repeating the same dumb thing over and over again, I finally got them to pair.

At least on LDAC the sound seem to lag and stutter a shitton, but I will not judge that completely, I just installed Android 14 on my OnePlus Open and it's NOT behaving normally.

Sound:
Not great, barely "good".
The EQ settings in the app? Not sure they do anything at all.
Can't hear a difference. But on the other hand trying to switch from ANC to Transparency to off is just not doing anything in the app either, so fudge knows if it IS changing anything.

Eartips included are all too small, switched to Bose Quietcomfort Tips. Better.
Sound still sounds very mediocre though. It's anemic and sounds kinda fuzzy around the edges, not clear at all.
Barely any bass either. In a bad way.

Expectations were low, but so far they managed to make me disappointed anyway.
That's disappointing to hear.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #61,083 of 62,454
Gamesky's take...

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #61,084 of 62,454
Planars are tricky to get right so I’m not surprised. Also it’s moondrop.
So true. Maybe it will get a bit better in the future with OS updates like Alice. I won't be their guinea pig again though :p

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #61,085 of 62,454
Just pointing out as an innocent bystander offering his perspective in order to bring peace to the realm. But Stacey wasn't correcting you, just carrying the convo forward with other examples and perspectives. Defs wasn't calling you wrong, just saying (I think) the practices that make you dislike Apple are industry wide.

I still dislike Apple the most, but mainly because with all the money of a medium sized nation, they still have the shittest messaging keyboard, auto correction and phone/contact system of any device.

I can't spot a point of difference with them except for the inability to remove files from your device to your computer without a 3rd party app (so safe and secure Apple well done)

Oh and guess what happened today 16 states and the justice department are suing Apple for abusing Monopoly power.

https://apnews.com/article/apple-an...e-department-822d7e8f5cf53a2636795fcc33ee1fc3

Justice Department sues Apple, alleging it illegally monopolized the smartphone market

I think I'll stick with my perception of Apple. On the worse side of most, in regards to smartphones. Google has lost a lot of court cases for their abusive search. I support that too.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #61,086 of 62,454
Looks like there's a new update for the senn smart control software which adds phone call transparency to the MTW4. Also adds the ability to adjust the transparency intensity with a slider.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #61,087 of 62,454
Oh and guess what happened today 16 states and the justice department are suing Apple for abusing Monopoly power.

https://apnews.com/article/apple-an...e-department-822d7e8f5cf53a2636795fcc33ee1fc3

Justice Department sues Apple, alleging it illegally monopolized the smartphone market

I think I'll stick with my perception of Apple. On the worse side of most, in regards to smartphones. Google has lost a lot of court cases for their abusive search. I support that too.
That happened yesterday. And, like I said when a company gets large enough they all engage in monopolistic practices to maximize profits. Let’s see what comes of it, my hopes aren’t high, considering how Ticketmaster went and the Justice Department has been lacking teeth for some time

And to steer the thread back on topic I’m curious to see more impressions of the golden ages. I certainly don’t trust a YouTube personality that has a vested interest in giving a glowing review.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #61,088 of 62,454
That happened yesterday. And, like I said when a company gets large enough they all engage in monopolistic practices to maximize profits. Let’s see what comes of it, my hopes aren’t high, considering how Ticketmaster went and the Justice Department has been lacking teeth for some time
This. Good luck with that lawsuit. Apple is the ten ton (100 ton) gorilla. They'll negotiate a settlement tantamount to a slap on the wrist. I'd bet my left nut that including LDAC won't be part of the DOJ settlement terms ....

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #61,089 of 62,454
That happened yesterday. And, like I said when a company gets large enough they all engage in monopolistic practices to maximize profits. Let’s see what comes of it, my hopes aren’t high, considering how Ticketmaster went and the Justice Department has been lacking teeth for some time.
The article literally states today as the day. Thursday. Just an fyi.

I still find it sad to always drop in excuse well everybody does something like that. Yes and we should go after them too but this was on a very high level Apple's pretty special how it uses their Monopoly power like a few other companies.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #61,090 of 62,454
IMG_0991.jpeg

Remarkably comfortable. Organic to hold in hand. The faceplate is also a touch surface. Paired easily. u-shaped tuning that was slightly warm.

IMG_0992.jpeg

Svanar not as comfortable. Has a very short stem. Technically more neutral tuning, very enjoyable. Interesting case design but not one to slip into the jeans pocket.

TWS have come a long way.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #61,091 of 62,454
IMG_0991.jpeg

Remarkably comfortable. Organic to hold in hand. The faceplate is also a touch surface. Paired easily. u-shaped tuning that was slightly warm.

IMG_0992.jpeg

Svanar not as comfortable. Has a very short stem. Technically more neutral tuning, very enjoyable. Interesting case design but not one to slip into the jeans pocket.

TWS have come a long way.
So funny. I am 100 percent opposite of you. Svanar fits me like a glove. A deep breath or a fart, and the Noble fall out of my years. Either way, two great sounding IEMs.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #61,092 of 62,454
So funny. I am 100 percent opposite of you. Svanar fits me like a glove. A deep breath or a fart, and the Noble fall out of my years. Either way, two great sounding IEMs.
IEMs are so individual. Was just chatting to the store about that fact. Tips, ear shape, depth of insertion, ergonomics … sometimes it’s easier to throw on a pair of headphones.

The prestige with its deeper insertion and silicone tip seemed secure. And sound isolation excellent.

Of the TWS I auditioned, the Prestige and Svanar were my favourite.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #61,093 of 62,454
Please post video of you farting and the Noble shooting out of your ears. Thank you much.

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #61,094 of 62,454
Mar 21, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #61,095 of 62,454
No trust of professional reviewers when exact opposite impression of people on this thread
You should not trust 2 impressions. One sounds like it is broke so it may not be representative but then again it is Moondrop so there might be a bunch that will not work correctly. The other is also one impression. Regardless of where they are from it is too early to make a judgement yet. The jury is still out. I do find the Gamesky useful cause I can hear the mics do suck. I can also say it isn't some kind of value or great deal. Plenty of cheap Planars earphones around $50. Moondrops own May is $25 cheaper with the combo driver which adds a dynamic. No wireless charging, crappy tips, nothing special for batteries which might be nice if Gamesky is right about 3 hours with most stuff enabled. They are about what I'd expect to pay and no "look at all you are getting for the price" value set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back