Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 13, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #60,946 of 62,436
Hello to all you founts of wisdom. I am looking for a solution to a dilemma. I purchased two sets of Azla ear tips for my AirPods Pro 2s, Crystals and Xelastecs, and I love them both. I think I prefer the Crystals as they seem a bit less sticky and more comfortable, but both eartips have an issue. As they are manufactured in two pieces (obviously due to the unique attachment design of the APP2s) they have a habit of coming apart in my ears when I remove the APP2s. Any ideas on how to fix this or any alternative tips recommended? I thought about glueing them, but I don’t want to affect the sound quality. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #60,947 of 62,436
Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while and I know multiple of you kept up to date. Trying to find some IEM for my 17 y.o boy.

I'm looking for some of the best sounding iem with noise cancelation and transparency mode, that stays in place during sport (let's say mountain bike) that are 300$cad max.

He tried the airpods pro 2 and loved them, but I am somewhat of an apple hater, so I have a hard time telling if they really are bad for the price and if there's better alternatives or if they are decent for the money. I personally found them subpar and similar (SQ wise) to some 40$ tranya IEM I had lying around and worst than my soundcore. In order to avoid being skewed by my opinion on Apple, I'd love some suggestions! Maybe it's just me being too set on Apple being bad.

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #60,948 of 62,436
Mar 13, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #60,949 of 62,436

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 19-19-14 Owner尽 Manual (English) - EAHAZ60_AZ80_PNQP1774ZA_ENG.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 19-19-14 Owner尽 Manual (English) - EAHAZ60_AZ80_PNQP1774ZA_ENG.pdf.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 13, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #60,950 of 62,436
Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while and I know multiple of you kept up to date. Trying to find some IEM for my 17 y.o boy.

I'm looking for some of the best sounding iem with noise cancelation and transparency mode, that stays in place during sport (let's say mountain bike) that are 300$cad max.

He tried the airpods pro 2 and loved them, but I am somewhat of an apple hater, so I have a hard time telling if they really are bad for the price and if there's better alternatives or if they are decent for the money. I personally found them subpar and similar (SQ wise) to some 40$ tranya IEM I had lying around and worst than my soundcore. In order to avoid being skewed by my opinion on Apple, I'd love some suggestions! Maybe it's just me being too set on Apple being bad.

Thanks!
Apple has some of the best sound techs in the world behind their products. The Pro 2 are really good.
For Sport, the Sennheiser Momentum Sport that will come out soon, seem promising. But I have not tried them yet.

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #60,951 of 62,436
There's a setting in the app
ahh gotcha thanks. does it turn off ambient mode and restart the music if you tap the ambient mode again? or does playing the music turn off ambient mode?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #60,952 of 62,436
The xMems driver needs a lot of current. I often listen to the Aurvana Ace 2 at close to 90% volume on my Pixel 8 Pro, and though it scares me to look at the slider it sounds great with no fatigue. The xMems module contains their own amp and I'm guessing the Triumph is using it though I guess it could be something else. In any case, I have a little doubt they will fix the gain.
Speaking of xMems, I returned the XM1s although I think they are really quite nice. I would have wondered about the Triumph and I prefer wireless. I will be interested to see if the Triumph can keep up with the XM1s. Now we just have to wait for Bloom to ship them out.

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #60,953 of 62,436
Speaking of xMems, I returned the XM1s although I think they are really quite nice. I would have wondered about the Triumph and I prefer wireless. I will be interested to see if the Triumph can keep up with the XM1s. Now we just have to wait for Bloom to ship them out.
the triumph have noise canceling? I see that in the description.

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #60,954 of 62,436
Mar 13, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #60,955 of 62,436
Mar 13, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #60,956 of 62,436

Thanks!
If biking is a big part of the equation then a couple of things to keep in mind are 1. how well do they handle wind noise and 2. are you in a cold climate, can you control them with gloves on? Most of my gear fails me for one or the other. I live in North east US and I ride exclusively with the Jabra Elite 10, which has great wind reduction and actual click buttons (as do the APP2 by the way - not sure on their wind handling). From what I read your best option may be one of the Jabras or the new Senn sports model. But if APP2 handles wind well then I will only ask, what's not to like :)?

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #60,959 of 62,436
I know we all have different ears. That said I'm going crazy trying to get my Bose QC Ultras to stay in my ears, my left ear to be more precise. I love what these buds do when they're locked in - I really need ANC at the gym - but needing to re-insert them every few minutes isn't working for me.

So, any recommendations for the Bose? Something that will hopefully stick and stay?

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #60,960 of 62,436
Clear Voice Capture.. calls only :thumbsup:
gotcha. good to know thanks! that's a bit of a benefit if it works well, but definitely not ANC. Not a dealbreaker for good SQ

the mystique sucked at any phone calls outside of a perfectly quiet situation. i hope this helps that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back