Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 20, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #60,393 of 62,298
So I went In a totally different direction and ordered some IE600 I will stick with APP2 and I’m getting better comfort with Mystique with a change of tips
Not a bad choice. APP2 hard to beat the functionality of with iPhone. And it's rare for a product to sound "bad" these days. UM managed, but that's old news.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #60,395 of 62,298
does anyone know if the mystique keep the eq from iPhone app if I use the shanling M1s ?
I don't think so. Mine has never had the EQ transition over to a new device at least.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #60,396 of 62,298
Also, I'm curious to buy the new Bose Open Earbuds, but I think I'm always just trying to convince myself that I want them for a scenario that just doesn't exist in my life, really. I would love to have them as earbuds to just have a bit of a constant soundtrack to my life while I can still be present and in conversations with people. But for some reason it gets tricky because 1) many of those situations already have (shittier) music in them. 2) it still feels a bit rude to have things playing in your ear. 3) most of the time when I've had open earbuds I just wish I had normal earbuds in and told people at the office to feck off and let me listen to my stuff in peace.

But so far only had the Galaxy Buds Live and I feel like the Bose are at least going to be better than those.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #60,398 of 62,298
It's funny I used to come on this thread very often but I kind of feel like now I need to only come on a couple of times a month because the truth is we all seem to be hungering for the new latest and greatest and get excited when it comes and then two weeks later realize it isn't that much better than what we already had and we start looking at cheaper alternatives.

I know I am speaking blasphemy but I kind of feel like since the Sennheiser MTW3, the Galaxy buds 2 Pro AirPods Pro 2 generation of earbuds there hasn't really been that much of an improvement in the newer generation. We all thought that the big change would be going to AC3 and new Codecs that would give us a sound quality without as much loss of detail.
So far I think we have been let down by either phone manufacturers yes Samsung I mean you! Or earbud manufacturers that seem to keep giving us a few new features or upgrades but not the most meaningful ones.

Not that they have tried them yet but outside of say the Creative Aurvana ace 2 using a completely new driver technology there have been little minimal incremental improvements either in battery life or in noise canceling but honestly I do not feel that there is enough going on for me to even upgrade from my AZ60 and Galaxy buds Pro 2.

I don't even really see anything that has been suggested coming down the pipeline that is making me feel differently. Maybe the new Sennheiser but even then the Galaxy phone that I use will not have the compatible codec allowing for the highest quality bitrate sound to be used which might limit any improvements...

Please don't hate I am eager to upgrade as every one of you are I'm just disappointed with what the manufacturers are offering.

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #60,399 of 62,298
It's funny I used to come on this thread very often but I kind of feel like now I need to only come on a couple of times a month because the truth is we all seem to be hungering for the new latest and greatest and get excited when it comes and then two weeks later realize it isn't that much better than what we already had and we start looking at cheaper alternatives.

I know I am speaking blasphemy but I kind of feel like since the Sennheiser MTW3, the Galaxy buds 2 Pro AirPods Pro 2 generation of earbuds there hasn't really been that much of an improvement in the newer generation. We all thought that the big change would be going to AC3 and new Codecs that would give us a sound quality without as much loss of detail.
So far I think we have been let down by either phone manufacturers yes Samsung I mean you! Or earbud manufacturers that seem to keep giving us a few new features or upgrades but not the most meaningful ones.

Not that they have tried them yet but outside of say the Creative Aurvana ace 2 using a completely new driver technology there have been little minimal incremental improvements either in battery life or in noise canceling but honestly I do not feel that there is enough going on for me to even upgrade from my AZ60 and Galaxy buds Pro 2.

I don't even really see anything that has been suggested coming down the pipeline that is making me feel differently. Maybe the new Sennheiser but even then the Galaxy phone that I use will not have the compatible codec allowing for the highest quality bitrate sound to be used which might limit any improvements...

Please don't hate I am eager to upgrade as every one of you are I'm just disappointed with what the manufacturers are offering.
I hear you, I am in the same boat. They are pretty good in their own way. Nothing major changed at the same time.
But I did order the AVIOT TE-ZX1 because the drivers setup is different, 3BA, 1 DD, 1 PD, 8hr run time, ANC.

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #60,400 of 62,298
Hello friends, I have a question: which headphones will be best for the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra ? I'm wondering about bad buds 2 pro because they have a lossless audio codec promoted by Samsung and in general they would be part of Samsung's eco system the question is how they will not sound compared to headphones such as Devialet Gemini 2 or Denon Perl Pro I am also considering these headphones, so far I was leaning towards Devialet Gemin 2

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #60,401 of 62,298
I hear you, I am in the same boat. They are pretty good in their own way. Nothing major changed at the same time.
But I did order the AVIOT TE-ZX1 because the drivers setup is different, 3BA, 1 DD, 1 PD, 8hr run time, ANC.
I’m with the both of you. The only ones I’m seeing that may have some innovation towards it is the ZX1, and the triumph that Noble is cooking up. I’m guessing the low power setting doesn’t particularly help unlike IEMs that can scale with power since power isn’t an issue.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #60,402 of 62,298
Also, I'm curious to buy the new Bose Open Earbuds, but I think I'm always just trying to convince myself that I want them for a scenario that just doesn't exist in my life, really. I would love to have them as earbuds to just have a bit of a constant soundtrack to my life while I can still be present and in conversations with people. But for some reason it gets tricky because 1) many of those situations already have (shittier) music in them. 2) it still feels a bit rude to have things playing in your ear. 3) most of the time when I've had open earbuds I just wish I had normal earbuds in and told people at the office to feck off and let me listen to my stuff in peace.

But so far only had the Galaxy Buds Live and I feel like the Bose are at least going to be better than those.
No doubt if you are trying it's a balance to isolate yourself as to avoid distractions, noise, etc. Then ANC type units will help as long as you can manage awareness with your surroundings. If you are in an office environment that has already a reduced noise pattern than ANC is an overkill, and the Bose Open earbuds (or Huawei Freeclips) will be a good balance.

However, the Bose and Huawei will not be ideal if you spend a lot of time at your local coffee shop as no doubt, they will not shield you from all that noise.

It is as you state a scenario play.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #60,403 of 62,298

Same here. I’m often here keeping myself up to date with the thread but kind of slowly going back to my old gear and when it comes to TWS I’m content with my Shure TW2 adapters + UE900 for the best sq.

Feb 20, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #60,404 of 62,298

100% and why I am quite happy with getting the MTW4 evolution whereas some member was telling me they were the same boring thing and nothing revolutionary. I was like well I love the MTW3 and these fix a lot of my gripes with them. I kept chasing the dragon and those actually make me happy compared to what is out there.

My whole point was that there is nothing revolutionary really going on it's mostly just hype. The new release gets hyped up and people get FOMO and it's just bad for my wallet, bad for my mental state of being happy, and I think it's bad for this hobby. I appreciate solid evolution, I'm not buying into the hype train anymore. The only actual big step is MEMS, and I will look into those when they are a bit more mature, they don't sound ready yet. I am interested in the prestige but absolutely not at all at that price point. If something with that sound comes out at a reasonable price and no overpriced fancy wood edition nonsense, I'll try it.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #60,405 of 62,298
Yeah, check out the number of reviews on these two units that came out around the same time. I believe reviews somewhat correspond to sales, you be the judge on who’s making a profit…

IMG_1930.png
IMG_1929.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back