Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 18, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #60,378 of 62,617
So I’ve had the Mystique for a day finding the fit to be an issue comfort wise.
Looks like I will be moving them on would the Gemini 2 be the next pair to try or perhaps the soon to be released SMTW 4 ?
Or any suggestions

Even though I sold you exactly what was described, I still feel bad they didn't fit you well. The mtw3 which are going to be the same size as the four are definitely a little smaller and probably have a better universal fit

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #60,380 of 62,617
Worth more? As in financially? As in, which will have the higher value?

Or which is worth getting (going to sound better?)

That being said I don't know. No faith in Chifi, I'd get the space travel just for fun, Scarbir thinks they are pretty great.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #60,381 of 62,617
Thanks for the informative reply. FWIW, I am an Apple guy.

Per the Liberty 4, the NC sounds more to my preference than the regular L4 based on you description. However, I am going to look into the IEMs that you, as well as SynaestheticA, has mentioned.

The Opera 5 if you can get them at a good price sound pretty darn good. The sound is a bit warm but the triple driver setup gives them more detail than a single dynamic driver such as the Liberty 4 NC. But if you have a small ear they might not fit and they do stick out alot due to the design.

I had to play with the EQ a fair amount as they are bit to energetic with the defaults for my taste.

If you like some big bass the Opera 5 have that in spades and it can be scaled to taste. More detail than the Liberty 4 NC as well.

4 NC has a stick style making it more flush in the ears, may have slightly better mic quality, has a wind reduction mode in the app, longer battery life. App is much more detailed. Will have less potential fit issues.

Depending on sale prices in your region one might be more affordable than the other. I managed to get the Opera 5 on sale for $90CAD and paid about the same for the Liberta 4 NC. At the same price, purely based on sound quality, I think the Opera 5 bests the Liberty 4 NC. For over all features and safer fit I would give the nod to the Libert 4 NC.

For perspective. I generally use large size tips and have used several larger TWS with out issue and sometimes find smaller TWS loose in ear.

The Opera 5 design makes them comfy in ear but not sure I would go jogging with them or wear them to the gym. The Liberta 4 NC on the other hand I would wear jogging.

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #60,382 of 62,617
Even though I sold you exactly what was described, I still feel bad they didn't fit you well. The mtw3 which are going to be the same size as the four are definitely a little smaller and probably have a better universal fit
Don’t feel bad just one of those things.
How far behind are the mtw3 in the sound department compared to mystique was hoping the 4’s are better ?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #60,383 of 62,617
Worth more? As in financially? As in, which will have the higher value?

Or which is worth getting (going to sound better?)

That being said I don't know. No faith in Chifi, I'd get the space travel just for fun, Scarbir thinks they are pretty great.
I meant in sound quality, beucase with the CHUs i can use them wired and wireless with the adaptor, but i have a feeling that the space travel wont last very long.
Everything that has a battery will die eventually.

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #60,384 of 62,617
Thanks for the informative reply. FWIW, I am an Apple guy.

Per the Liberty 4, the NC sounds more to my preference than the regular L4 based on you description. However, I am going to look into the IEMs that you, as well as SynaestheticA, has mentioned.

Comparing the Opera 5 and MP-20TWS I would say the MP- 20TWS is the better sounding of the 2 and also fits better. In theory the Opera with 1 additional BA driver and for my use case LDAC should sound better. But despite having "more" it lacks the tuning of the Mackie.

But if the Mackie have gone back to their full retail then the value position goes to the Opera 5. The Opera also allow for easier EQ that is pretty effective. Struggling to quite match the Mackie but are close.

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #60,385 of 62,617
Opera05 have crazy battery life (actual real battery life), I set to LDAC 16/44.1/330 and get 2 days without charging them with a lot of in ear idle time outside of 3-4 hours of listening and mix of ANC/AMB/OFF this means I do not charge them as much so should last longer.

I can either leave them connected overnight (idle) or power off at earbuds (not putting in case) and this gets me till bedtime on 2nd day from about midday on day 1.

They can get very loud also.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #60,386 of 62,617
I give the nod to the Opera 5 for 3D imaging over the Mackie. That extra driver helps in that regard.

I think I will see how they hold up on a jog. My fit concerns may be invalid. Not good for the gym though as they stick out to much so would potentially get knocked loose.

The Opera are blingy but not as bad I thought they would be. They actually look and feel pretty premium. Will see how that gold holds up with daily pocket and in ear use.

Both MP-20TWS and Opera 5 cases are chunky but the Opera 5 is a nicer case.

Given the cheaper price of the Opera 5 it's hard to argue against it.

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #60,388 of 62,617
Just got a shipping notification from bloom for the mtw4. Usually when they print a label it chips the same day so I'm assuming it'll ship today or tomorrow the latest.

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #60,389 of 62,617
I meant in sound quality, beucase with the CHUs i can use them wired and wireless with the adaptor, but i have a feeling that the space travel wont last very long.
Everything that has a battery will die eventually.
Once again I haven't tried either but the wireless adaptor also has a battery and will die eventually.

You'd still be left with the Chu wired tho so if that's important you probs have your answer. Also I assume the Chu sounds better but I can't confirm.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #60,390 of 62,617
Don’t feel bad just one of those things.
How far behind are the mtw3 in the sound department compared to mystique was hoping the 4’s are better ?

My mtw4 shipped today, ups picked up and I will get them tomorrow (I live in NJ and Bloom is there too)

I have the mtw3 still so I will be able to do some A/B'ing this week.

I did read Senn say sound improvements on the 4 definitely target enhanced treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back