Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 14, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #60,316 of 62,297
Man y'all are confused about the ZX1...lol
ZX1 is the 5-driver hybrid. It's out now...if you live in Japan. It's roughly ~350 in Japan if you're there.
If you don't either buy on Kickstarter (Your cheapest ticket to do so by far with a $70 discount), you pay heavy import fees and customs if your country charges them on top of MSRP. If you want PNK the only way you'll get it is by by importing.

PNK is actually BLACK...Not pink! Slightly different tuning.
ZX1 is RED. You get Cowboy Bebop VA commands.

And once again Z1 =/= ZX1. Different models!

We can add to the list of the firsts that are not firsts listed on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo. The Geekfly GF10 is nowhere new enough to confuse the two TWS. The Aviot is not the world's first 5 driver TWS. :)
Technically it's the first 5 driver PLANAR hybrid TWS. So it's a technicality.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #60,325 of 62,297
What are the absolute best-sounding TWS earbuds these days? I feel like every month there's a new king.
it's a never-ending hype train brother.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #60,326 of 62,297
it's a never-ending hype train brother.
That's true, but if I wanted to get some new TWS to replace my B&O EX, what's good out there? I get lost among Sennheiser Momentums, Hifiman Svanar Wireless, Devialet Gemini 2... roll your own wireless IEM's dongles— I see a lot out there and it's overwhelming.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #60,327 of 62,297
That's true, but if I wanted to get some new TWS to replace my B&O EX, what's good out there? I get lost among Sennheiser Momentums, Hifiman Svanar Wireless, Devialet Gemini 2... roll your own wireless IEM's dongles— I see a lot out there and it's overwhelming.

Do you care about features like ANC and ambient mode as well as the SQ?

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #60,328 of 62,297
Do you care about features like ANC and ambient mode as well as the SQ?
They're plus points, sure, but SQ is king.
If I had 10 points to give across SQ, ANC, ambient mode, I'd:
  • SQ: 7 points
  • ANC: 2 points
  • Ambient: 1 point

Feb 14, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #60,330 of 62,297
This is why this thread is so interesting (crazy 🥴). When the DPP’s came out, they were praised, especially for the frequency contouring ear canal stuff; whatever Denon calls it. Now not so much. “Ya can please some of the people some of the time……………” definitely fits here…. 🙃
I still think they're the most unique sounding tws.

Honestly only noticed what I'm describing after the recent update (hate updates on tws, just leave my little loves alone) and also after A/B with wired Noble (done that before tho).

Still. Now it's been noticed it can't be undone. Still haven't tried a retuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back