Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 15, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #60,331 of 62,622
Hey,

Need some advice guys. I ordered Audio-Technica ATH-TWX9 wireless earbuds and they are waiting for pickup from post office. But now I've been thinking should I instead wait for Sennheiser Momentum 4 earbuds instead? What should I do?
I have the twx9 and mtw3. I slightly prefer the sq of the twx9 due to a wider soundstage. ANC is similar, same with ambient mode. In the wind, mtw3 is vastly superior. For my particular ears, twx9 is more comfortable. Nobody's heard the mtw4, so you'll have to make an educated guess (or just wait a little)

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #60,332 of 62,622
That's true, but if I wanted to get some new TWS to replace my B&O EX, what's good out there? I get lost among Sennheiser Momentums, Hifiman Svanar Wireless, Devialet Gemini 2... roll your own wireless IEM's dongles— I see a lot out there and it's overwhelming.
You realize it is a subjective question: What is the best sq? Anyway, I have tried many varieties that most of us agree on to have the best sq. There are a couple I haven't tried, Noble Prestige and Gemini 2, but mostly everything else. I sold my EX and went back to them and I have the Svanar. If you are only asking about sq. Of course, it is only my subjective opinion, and there are some negatives to both the EX and Svanar.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #60,333 of 62,622
That's true, but if I wanted to get some new TWS to replace my B&O EX, what's good out there? I get lost among Sennheiser Momentums, Hifiman Svanar Wireless, Devialet Gemini 2... roll your own wireless IEM's dongles— I see a lot out there and it's overwhelming.
Feel like it's a pretty easy question.

But am I going to give an easy answer? Oh no no no

You can get the 'best' sound quality across a few different models. They may each be suited for different genres or have different sound signatures but are each the best at the attempt they're going for.

- Noble Prestige (Or Mystique if price is a thang (Mystique still pricey)).
- Svanar
- Aviot TE-ZX1 (Untested but probably up there)

I could list more but let's stick there.

Feb 15, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #60,334 of 62,622
Just pre-ordered the Sennn MTW4 from Bloom. Looking forward to seeing how they sound and also the upgrades to all the other features.

Feb 15, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #60,336 of 62,622
Honestly, for me, it'd be hard to replace the EX. Mine are a staple in my collection and I find myself reaching for them quite a bit. I truly hope whatever B&O comes up with next is an upgrade (ANC maybe), but they're a stellar pair of TWS.

Feb 15, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #60,337 of 62,622
Honestly, for me, it'd be hard to replace the EX. Mine are a staple in my collection and I find myself reaching for them quite a bit. I truly hope whatever B&O comes up with next is an upgrade (ANC maybe), but they're a stellar pair of TWS.
Further to this, and someone might know a fix. With my EX using Aptx Adaptive outside on my Oneplus Open, it's just awful. Stutters and then switches to what sounds like mono L&R. I have to switch to AAC to get a good connection. Guessing it's the OPO and the chip on the phone can't decode fast enough. Drives me nuts.

Feb 15, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #60,338 of 62,622
Looks like this Bose Ultra Open earbuds are now out in the wilds. Best Buy and Bose are selling now.

Feb 15, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #60,339 of 62,622
Further to this, and someone might know a fix. With my EX using Aptx Adaptive outside on my Oneplus Open, it's just awful. Stutters and then switches to what sounds like mono L&R. I have to switch to AAC to get a good connection. Guessing it's the OPO and the chip on the phone can't decode fast enough. Drives me nuts.
I have that with MANY of my earbuds, including the Nuratrue Pros, Fokus Mystiques, and hmmm. Plenty of others, never drew a parallel, but maybe it is in fact related to AptX Adaptive.
(Also on a OnePlus Open)

Feb 15, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #60,342 of 62,622
Ordered. Intrigued. Will be interesting to see if there’s a use case for them.
I might give them a try. WFH use case when on calls. BB by me has them in stock, but I can save 75 if I use my work discount direct from Bose. FOMO is real.

Feb 15, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #60,343 of 62,622
I listen to them with aptX Adaptive and they sound great. After all the trying out I’ll be doing, there’s a good chance the Ultras will be best.

Edit: They sounded very good in AAC also.

The Immersion Mode is the way to go if you want total involvement. Not advised in traffic or when on a date!

Attachments

• IMG_5403.jpeg
    IMG_5403.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back