Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 11, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #60,286 of 62,596
My co-worker says they sounds as good on calls as my APP2s and Bose external speaker. I like that they have the tap to mute ability. Not sure if you landed on some tips, but I took the Spinfit W1s off my TZ-700s and they work/fit/sound very good on the AZ80s as well. I tried the Final Type-Es as well, but think the W1s sound better to me. Assuming you are doing the silicone thing I guess :)
Good to know about call quality. Thanks. Havent really tried making calls with the AZ80 yet since I have been going in to the office the past week and I just use speakerphone when I am there.

I tried Final Type E tips with the AZ80 but wasnt really happy with them either. Don't have the Spinfit W1s but I am currently using the Azla SednaEarFit Max Standard tips on them and am pretty happy so far. Definitely fit my ears better than the stock tips. Have been getting pretty good results with Azla tips so far. Have the Azla Crystal TWS tips on my MTW3 and Samsung Galaxy Buds2 as well and I currently have the Crystal standard tips on my wired SE846 (the tips come with an adapter for narrow nozzles). I actually find the slightly narrower diameter and shallower fit of the Azla Max tips to he pretty comfortable on the AZ80s. I am very happy with the AZ80s so far.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #60,287 of 62,596
Ikko new TWS, arrived.

Interesting that you can use apps (music apps) directly without need of a phone.

It's a V shape tuning and ANC is quite good ,well against my expectations.

Pretty snappy interface and had an update out if the box.

You know, I've had these for a couple of weeks, and I actually did not post anything about it because of the "if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all"... Okay, I usually like to dish out criticism but honestly... Okay so the one thing that impresses me is the fact that the case is pretty much technically a phone! You can insert a sim card and make calls and send texts (if you had the patience on that small screen), but the sound is probably one of the worst ones I've heard in a set of TWS's in MANY MANY years (literally have a pair for $29 that sounds better), even with EQ they were unsalvageable, and that's EQ in Wavelet.
The EQ on the case itself was completely unusable, if you moved it one "tick" up or down the sound became muffled and extremely weird/loud.
Also navigating the case is confusing at best, aggravating at worst.
Also ChatGPT on the case works, but it's got this extremely robotic voice and was somewhat slow when I tried.

I did hear that an update has been sent out that I haven't checked out, so some of these issues may no longer be relevant.

Edit:
I did the update now, and also changed eartips from the stock ones. They sound A LOT better, not sure if it's update or eartip-related, but yeah. They sound completely fine now. Not sure HOW good yet, but enough for me to listen to them without getting grumpy like I did before. They sound pretty clean and the soundstage is pretty wide actually.

The EQ is still completely broken though, however. Literally toggle one tiny change and it all becomes a bloated mess no matter what. There's also an AI EQ feature that is still "coming soon" in the interface.
I'm not a huge fan of products launching half-baked. Like, I love that they're doing updates and trying to improve the experience, but when they add things in the UI despite the feature not being functional, that just adds a sour taste in my mouth.

As for right now, I will only recommend this if you need to smuggle any sort of cellular device in your bootyhole when you're going somewhere where phones are not allowed, because at least this will hurt less than an iPhone 15 Pro Max or Pixel Fold et al.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #60,289 of 62,596
You know, I've had these for a couple of weeks, and I actually did not post anything about it because of the "if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all"... Okay, I usually like to dish out criticism but honestly... Okay so the one thing that impresses me is the fact that the case is pretty much technically a phone! You can insert a sim card and make calls and send texts (if you had the patience on that small screen), but the sound is probably one of the worst ones I've heard in a set of TWS's in MANY MANY years (literally have a pair for $29 that sounds better), even with EQ they were unsalvageable, and that's EQ in Wavelet.
The EQ on the case itself was completely unusable, if you moved it one "tick" up or down the sound became muffled and extremely weird/loud.
Also ChatGPT on the case works, but it's got this extremely robotic voice and was somewhat slow when I tried.

I did hear that an update has been sent out that I haven't checked out, so some of these issues may no longer be relevant.

Edit:
I did the update now, and also changed eartips from the stock ones. They sound A LOT better, not sure if it's update or eartip-related, but yeah. They sound completely fine now. Not sure HOW good yet, but enough for me to listen to them without getting grumpy like I did before. They sound pretty clean and the soundstage is pretty wide actually.

The EQ is still completely broken though, however. Literally toggle one tiny change and it all becomes a bloated mess no matter what. There's also an AI EQ feature that is still "coming soon" in the interface.
I'm not a huge fan of products launching half-baked. Like, I love that they're doing updates and trying to improve the experience, but when they add things in the UI despite the feature not being functional, that just adds a sour taste in my mouth.

As for right now, I will only recommend this if you need to smuggle any sort of cellular device in your bootyhole when you're going somewhere where phones are not allowed, because at least this will hurt less than an iPhone 15 Pro Max or Pixel Fold et al.
Pretty much matches my experience. Sound is alright, certainly nothing to write home about, and was dreadful previously. Much better since the update.

Using the little box is great for translation, not so good for chatgpt where, for my use case at least, mobile use is rather limiting let alone a 2" AMOLED screen.

Managed to get Tidal up and running although putting my password in and using MFA was a bit of an ordeal.

Interestingly, you don't have to use the earbuds that came with it. You can definitely connect to other Bluetooth devices.

EDIT - more apps available now including Audible. Handy. Just finished my review, I'll be going a Headfi review on these too. Hopefully can work out how to use the custom EQ and sort out the slightly odd tuning.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #60,291 of 62,596
Feb 12, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #60,293 of 62,596

Edit:

I did the update prior to listening, so never heard them out of the box. For me sound is good and reminds me of the One Plus Buds Pro 2.

How did you for the SIM to work. I saw it but was trying to figure out how to side load the APK for the provider.

Have not used EQ. Tried the ChatGpt equivalent interesting but yes robotic.
Translation works well, has some latency,but assume this is due to chipset and connectivity.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #60,299 of 62,596
Getting back to that subject from a few post ago about why Tidal sounds better on USB Audio Player compared to using the native app. It already sounded better on USB Audio Player without any changes. Usually the native sample rate through Bluetooth is 44-48khz. There is an option on USB Audio Player to make the Android sample it cohesively with the source

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240212-165838_USB_Audio_Player_PRO.jpg
    Screenshot_20240212-165838_USB_Audio_Player_PRO.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240212-165804_USB_Audio_Player_PRO.jpg
    Screenshot_20240212-165804_USB_Audio_Player_PRO.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240212-165807_USB_Audio_Player_PRO.jpg
    Screenshot_20240212-165807_USB_Audio_Player_PRO.jpg
    856.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #60,300 of 62,596
Yeah lol. I thought it was ZX1 then I went and double checked and it was Z1. WTH they looked the same and everything. I canceled. Bummer.
Second person here to order the Z1 instead lol. I think they both look completely different but understand how if you're going off the lettering it's an easy mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back