Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #60,301 of 62,422
graph.png

This is the measurement of the IKKO Activebuds btw. Reminded me a bit of the Soundcore Space A40 with their slightly muted vocals and weird midrange bump, only with much more emphasis on the bass.

graph (1).png

Couldn't really work out how to use the custom EQ without wrecking it but one of the presets did at least improve the sound a little. Electronic makes it a bit more dynamic and balances out the bass a bit more, flattening the bump between 200-700Hz.

Hopefully IKKO can do something with the default tuning as they've improved and fixed quite a bit since I got them.

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #60,303 of 62,422
We can add to the list of the firsts that are not firsts listed on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo. The Geekfly GF10 is nowhere new enough to confuse the two TWS. The Aviot is not the world's first 5 driver TWS. :)

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #60,304 of 62,422
We can add to the list of the firsts that are not firsts listed on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo. The Geekfly GF10 is nowhere new enough to confuse the two TWS. The Aviot is not the world's first 5 driver TWS. :)
I am not sure those are in the same league, as it seems the GF10 is more designed for iphone users as it doesn't support LDAC .. has no ANC available... 5 hours playing time ...

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #60,305 of 62,422
I am not sure those are in the same league, as it seems the GF10 is more designed for iphone users as it doesn't support LDAC .. has no ANC available... 5 hours playing time ...
I would hope it is better than a TWS or all TWS that came out 2.5 years ago. Nothing to do with the earphones anyhow. Only talking about the claims that we see more on the funded sites to get people interested. We have seen the "first this and that" quite a bit there when it isn't the case.

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #60,306 of 62,422
Just got the perls pro yesterday, no isolation (did the sound test, did the seal test, everything ok), they sound absolutly dead and thin without the custom sound profile, but with it they come to life, but theres something extreamly wrong with the timbre, everything sounds good, everything sounds perfect, but as if something isnt right and you cant put your finger on it, as if everything is fake. theres a mental condition in which you are infront of a person which you´ve known your entire life, a brother, a father, a spouse and you look at them, you know its them, they look the same, they sound the same, but something in your mind is telling you its an impostor and you cant convince yourself its the person you know it is. (found it, its called Capgras Delusion)

thats exactly what i feel about the danons, except for the next to usless ANC everything is great, but it just feels off, feels wrong.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #60,307 of 62,422
graph.png

This is the measurement of the IKKO Activebuds btw. Reminded me a bit of the Soundcore Space A40 with their slightly muted vocals and weird midrange bump, only with much more emphasis on the bass.

graph (1).png

Couldn't really work out how to use the custom EQ without wrecking it but one of the presets did at least improve the sound a little. Electronic makes it a bit more dynamic and balances out the bass a bit more, flattening the bump between 200-700Hz.

Hopefully IKKO can do something with the default tuning as they've improved and fixed quite a bit since I got them.
Under which setting is the EQ??

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #60,308 of 62,422
Just got the perls pro yesterday, no isolation (did the sound test, did the seal test, everything ok), they sound absolutly dead and thin without the custom sound profile, but with it they come to life, but theres something extreamly wrong with the timbre, everything sounds good, everything sounds perfect, but as if something isnt right and you cant put your finger on it, as if everything is fake. theres a mental condition in which you are infront of a person which you´ve known your entire life, a brother, a father, a spouse and you look at them, you know its them, they look the same, they sound the same, but something in your mind is telling you its an impostor and you cant convince yourself its the person you know it is. (found it, its called Capgras Delusion)

thats exactly what i feel about the danons, except for the next to usless ANC everything is great, but it just feels off, feels wrong.

Efi8TW8.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 13, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #60,309 of 62,422

Definitely not a natural sound but I think it's better than a natural sound.

However. I've noticed something with them, let's see if it's what you're experiencing.

If musical notes and tones were represented by colors. Let's say violin is a sharp purple. Bass guitar a deep orange, hi hats golden, it's like the Denon plays a unsaturated version of these sounds back, a bit less colourful and more monotone.

Does that make sense at all?

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #60,310 of 62,422
This is why this thread is so interesting (crazy 🥴). When the DPP’s came out, they were praised, especially for the frequency contouring ear canal stuff; whatever Denon calls it. Now not so much. “Ya can please some of the people some of the time……………” definitely fits here…. 🙃

Feb 13, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #60,311 of 62,422
Hey,

Need some advice guys. I ordered Audio-Technica ATH-TWX9 wireless earbuds and they are waiting for pickup from post office. But now I've been thinking should I instead wait for Sennheiser Momentum 4 earbuds instead? What should I do?

Feb 13, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #60,313 of 62,422
Loaded the M300 last night. I’ll get both charged and synched. I’m laughing at myself for having caught Grail-itis. My insurance doesn’t cover it but I have overdraft protection. 😆
IMG_5449.jpeg
Dont forget to try the treble+ setting on the Technics. Out of box sound is not impressive

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #60,315 of 62,422
On Aviots website they say that the TE-ZX1-PNK will ship out in April now... Do you people think that's right? I'm kicking myself for not ordering when it said February just a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe ordering the non-PNK version will actually mean that you get your buds faster now.

Edit:
I actually ordered the non-PNK version even though I think it will be better. Already have the PNK of the... Oh god, I can't remember their earbud names, but it's in my signature lol.

But for me it came down to cost, honestly.
I calculated that the TE-ZX1-PNK would land me at an equivalent of 425 USD (with shipping) + Import/customs fees/VAT of an additional 20%, which would add another 85 USD. So in total 510 USD.

The TE-ZX1? 275 USD + 14 USD in shipping, most likely I still get to pay customs fees etc, so 330 USD.
So that's 180 USD less for what's supposed to be a different bass tuning that hopefully can be adjusted with EQ to maybe not sounding exactly the same, but at least being close to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back