Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 11, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #60,272 of 62,878
we have 4000 pages of discussion going back to the Bragi Dash. We aren’t good enough?
I bought the Dash on kickstarter LOL. We have come a long way. But really this is one of the only audiophile centric TWS threads out there. Unless you can read Japanese or Mandarin well.

Feb 11, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #60,273 of 62,878
I bought the Dash on kickstarter LOL. We have come a long way. But really this is one of the only audiophile centric TWS threads out there. Unless you can read Japanese or Mandarin well.
Me too. Then I got impatient and grabbed a pre release version for like 400 on eBay. Truly magical at the time.

Feb 11, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #60,276 of 62,878
Me too. Then I got impatient and grabbed a pre release version for like 400 on eBay. Truly magical at the time.
They were way ahead of their time. It had a heartbeat sensor that I used pretty extensively on runs on base at the time…In 2016. There’s still not much out there that does that.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #60,277 of 62,878
They were way ahead of their time. It had a heartbeat sensor that I used pretty extensively on runs on base at the time…In 2016. There’s still not much out there that does that.
100%. I truly wish they didn't sell off their hardware business. I bought every iteration and even had the Starkey ones made. Earin and Bragi were so awesome. Just wish Earin didn't change their form factor with that last version.

Feb 11, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #60,278 of 62,878
Jabra did some cool tws with HR sensors. They were great. Funny that senn is bringing this back now.

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #60,279 of 62,878
Here's a big, huge, benefit of going BT TWS.....a $3,500 DAP...is not necessarily going to sound better than a $199. one, playing BT only. Think about it. Why have all that expensive hardware converting, sampling, and doing other magic, when the BT signal does not use it?
I genuinely think there is a market in the audiophiles space for an audiophile TWS DAP. There are ways to improve Bluetooth but no single phone (maybe the Asus) does everything they could.

That being said, another solution is an audio company making a phone. You guys see the Moondrop Phone - https://www.soundguys.com/moondrop-hi-fi-phone-109770/

Not expecting first iteration to be perfect but if it doesn't ONLY focus on wired playback and considers Bluetooth than it could make sense just as a DAP/TWS transmitter

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #60,281 of 62,878
Seems like a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.
Not 100% sure, use them while doing some house chores and did not need to use the phone to move between music apps , also discovered that you can even have a SIM card installed, need to explore this.

Interesting that they were able to pack all of this into a small box, surprised that Ikko did

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #60,282 of 62,878
Not 100% sure, use them while doing some house chores and did not need to use the phone to move between music apps , also discovered that you can even have a SIM card installed, need to explore this.

Interesting that they were able to pack all of this into a small box, surprised that Ikko did
so it’s a phone? Not sure I see the advantage. Just me. It’s smaller i suppose.

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #60,284 of 62,878
Will keep testing , it does more than other TWS for $299
Yeah don’t get me wrong, it’s cool. Just trying to understand the use case. If it’s that you don’t need your phone, that’s kinda cool but I don’t think I personally need that.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #60,285 of 62,878
They are also very comfortable but I will need to try some of my other tips since I did notice the seal breaking at times. I do find my Jabra Elite 10s to be more comfortable still (and is still one of my favorites as an all-rounder because of this) and I have not tried making a call yet on my AZ80s,.
My co-worker says they sounds as good on calls as my APP2s and Bose external speaker. I like that they have the tap to mute ability. Not sure if you landed on some tips, but I took the Spinfit W1s off my TZ-700s and they work/fit/sound very good on the AZ80s as well. I tried the Final Type-Es as well, but think the W1s sound better to me. Assuming you are doing the silicone thing I guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back