Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #60,076 of 62,314
I am sorry I misunderstood you. Did your question ever get answered?
Oh it's okay. It's an interesting conversation nonetheless. I think my question has been answered, yeah. Basically, if I'm going through my Pixel via TWS earphones the only thing that can really change the sound is a) EQing the phones or b) dependent upon the codec being used. Everything else is pretty much a non-factor.

Using wired headphone via a dongle DAC or using a DAP is a different conversation.

Thanks for all who weighed in. I think I'll just be sticking with my current setup: Pixel 8 Pro--> Viper4Android--> Noble Mystique

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #60,077 of 62,314
Yeah I don't think that answers the question. That's a different question. USB Audio Player has some features in it but that's not a DAP v. Phone thing. And does it sound "better" or just "slightly different". I'm always surprised at how many people claim to hear differences when most things are audibly transparent in any event. I know that USB Audio has some settings you can tweak over Bluetooth but I've never really understood what they do. I tried them out and couldn't tell a difference.
To me it sounds better. I know I found a setting that maybe brute forced something to make it sound better. I will check up later on that

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #60,080 of 62,314
Has anyone tried both the Aurvana Ace and the ZE3000?

I've got the Creatives (the Ace, not the Ace 2) and am wondering if I should give the Finals a go.

On the positives, I find the sound to be very enjoyable, with remarkable highs (thanks to the MEMS, I suppose), good mids and lows. The app equaliser is also a useful addition.

I've had absolutely no issues with connections on a Pixel 6 Pro. The app takes a few seconds to detect the earphones, but Bluetooth connection is instantaneous.

On the negatives, the seal isn't great with any of the tips, so both passive and active NC are very average and I've little use for ambient mode.

As they are, I'd carry on using the UX3000 in transports and only use them indoors, so the only feature the Aurvana Ace would have over the ZE3000 is the equaliser. They're also pretty comfortable for me including when side sleeping, not sure about the Finals.

The Finals are available for a better price (~30-40% less), so wondering if I should save the difference.

Feb 2, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #60,082 of 62,314
You can tell there haven't been any major releases in a week if we've spent pages talking about Bluetooth transmission

Feb 2, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #60,083 of 62,314
Went to lincoln center today via mass transit and hoofin' it so took out the ole' MTW3 for a spin, haven't in a while - made me really look forward to the MTW4. They just sound damn good. I put the pre-order date on my calendar to make sure I get that order in first thing!

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #60,085 of 62,314
Recommendations always come harder to me than personal decisions but have started recommending the Technica AZ60 mkII to friends asking for suggestions.

Tried them for the first time today after a friend got them for his wife and gotta say. Very nice tws.

Love the design, comfortable and sound is spot on, not to mention the features.

Can't find any faults in the sound too be honest. Of course some things are gonna sound better, but the Technics don't have any obvious flaws.

Gonna keep recommending this for a while, don't want to be accountable for any more unique models like Noble, Gemini, Denon that may lack in some area or another.

Also worth noting the Technics are $270 AUD at the moment in Australia

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #60,086 of 62,314
Sorry, I must have missed something. Did Technics announce a new AZ80? I know there was an AZ60M2 but can't find anything on a v2 of the AZ80.

My MTW3 (warranty replacement for my first pair that died last year) is making random popping noises again so I think I am done with Sennheiser TWS, just when I thought I finally found an EQ setting I liked yesterday too. It started making unpleasant popping noises in the left ear again shortly after I put them in my ears. The noises appear random (doesnt happen everytime but happened once last night and again 5 minutes ago) and happens even with no music playing. This happened with the first set for a few months before they died as well. I had cancelled my order of the AZ80 but they are now back on my radar.

Interesting...this happened with mine today too. Left ear and all.

Had just re eq'd the night before to a level I was really happy with. Had them in for about 40 mins when that popping started and continued for about 20 mins. Got them back onto the case, and were ok after that.

Concerned though ...

Feb 3, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #60,088 of 62,314
Concerning the new Aviot and the "Planar + dynamic" driver.

Does anyone know anything about this type of driver

Screenshot_2024-02-04-09-45-48-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Is it two separate drivers?

Or a 2 in 1 situation which I didn't know existed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back