Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #60,016 of 62,324
Yeah but short, fat and thinning hair isn’t. I think Reacher has the edge unless she finds a headphone addiction attractive… I’ve never tried the old “hey, do you want to come in and see my headphone collection” line.
My hair isn't thinning.

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #60,020 of 62,324
So....why does Noble USA have an FCC filing for the Falcon Max if we are only getting the Triumph? Filing is dated 1/23/24. Guess it won't be Japan only.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #60,021 of 62,324
well
roundup

- Technics updated the AZ60 and 80 with a version 2
- The Sony XM5 arent as good as the XM4 according to most people
- Sennheiser MTW 4 and MTW Sports introduced at CES
- Creative Aurvana ACE and ACE 2 are first to market with mems drivers, mids and highs are beautiful but lows are muddy becuase the DD they used is meh.
- on the creatives, both are identical except the Ace 2 has better codec support,
- The Noble Falcons MAX at 270€ been hearing good things about them but the Fokus Prestige at 670... a bit steep for something disposable unless they have some sort of battery replacement service.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #60,022 of 62,324
So....why does Noble USA have an FCC filing for the Falcon Max if we are only getting the Triumph? Filing is dated 1/23/24. Guess it won't be Japan only.
I've never seen a bud they released only be Japan. Sooooo...

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #60,023 of 62,324
Got my hands on Mackie's MP-20TWS and Jabra Elite 10s. I understand people's appreciation for both of them but they are going back. Mackie's sound, although quite precise, lacking body and is somewhat artificial (?). Fairly ok low extension though. They feel cheap and overly big. Jabra's sound good, on un-EQ'd MTW3s level but latter win if you EQ them a tad. I like buttons instead of touch panels but keep pressing them while laying on a side.. battery performance is awesome! Absolutely YMMV :)

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #60,024 of 62,324
I've never seen a bud they released only be Japan. Sooooo...
Exactly. Though the Max is sold in Japan and Triumph is sold worldwide comment certainly seemed to lead us to think that it was different this time for some reason.

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #60,025 of 62,324
well
roundup

- Creative Aurvana ACE and ACE 2 are first to market with mems drivers, mids and highs are beautiful but lows are muddy becuase the DD they used is meh.
- on the creatives, both are identical except the Ace 2 has better codec support,

Speaking of which, I just ended up returning my Creative Ace because of two problems. Auto reconnect didn't work reliably, plus their app would see the earphones, but fail to connect to them. That, and my Linner MEMS sound better than the Aces anyway. I have nothing but good things to say about Creative's support though, they really tried to help me, though ultimately with no success.

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #60,026 of 62,324
I have a sort of stupid question... so I've invested in TWS earphones these last few years. Currently, I'm using the Noble Mystique. My on the go source is just my phone - Google Pixel 8 Pro. It's not the greatest source ever. Is there anything I can do to improve the sound of the source in tandem with TWS earphones?

I know I could use a DAC dongle like the Helm Bolt with wired headphones but I'm assuming there's really nothing to do with TWS? I mean, other than use a DAP, right? Which I also have but I don't really feel like carrying 2 devices on my commute to work (NYC).

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #60,027 of 62,324
I have a sort of stupid question... so I've invested in TWS earphones these last few years. Currently, I'm using the Noble Mystique. My on the go source is just my phone - Google Pixel 8 Pro. It's not the greatest source ever. Is there anything I can do to improve the sound of the source in tandem with TWS earphones?

I know I could use a DAC dongle like the Helm Bolt with wired headphones but I'm assuming there's really nothing to do with TWS? I mean, other than use a DAP, right? Which I also have but I don't really feel like carrying 2 devices on my commute to work (NYC).
If you want to keep the Noble Mystique, I recommend picking up something like the Hiby M300 DAP that supports aptX Adaptive. I read that its newest firmware now supports aptX Adaptive.

On the other hand, if you don't want an additional source and don't mind picking up a new set of TWS earphones then look for one that supports LDAC so you can get better sound quality from your Pixel.

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #60,028 of 62,324
If you want to keep the Noble Mystique, I recommend picking up something like the Hiby M300 DAP that supports aptX Adaptive. I read that its newest firmware now supports aptX Adaptive.

On the other hand, if you don't want an additional source and don't mind picking up a new set of TWS earphones then look for one that supports LDAC so you can get better sound quality from your Pixel.
You wouldn't happen to know (off-hand) which higher end TWS earphones support LDAC, right? I just Googled it quickly but I think I'm going to have to look at each brand individually to get the answer.

I'm not 100% opposed to using a DAP. I have a SONY NW-ZX500 right now but it's a bit old and the battery life on it is pretty terrible. Sounds good, though. And I actually have a pair of Noble wired headphones that I can use with it. I've just gotten used to the wireless experience at this point, especially on the go.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #60,030 of 62,324
You wouldn't happen to know (off-hand) which higher end TWS earphones support LDAC, right? I just Googled it quickly but I think I'm going to have to look at each brand individually to get the answer.

I'm not 100% opposed to using a DAP. I have a SONY NW-ZX500 right now but it's a bit old and the battery life on it is pretty terrible. Sounds good, though. And I actually have a pair of Noble wired headphones that I can use with it. I've just gotten used to the wireless experience at this point, especially on the go.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Sony TWS headphones and IEMs for sure since it's their codec. I also have a Pixel so I'm using it with the Sony WF-1000XM4, which is the last-gen model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back