Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 29, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #60,001 of 62,667
Personally I’d say let sleeping dogs lie. There’s numerous hobbies out there that people spend eye popping amounts of money on that doesn’t make any sort of sense . Alcohol is one, and so is Pokémon cards…there’s so many random bottles of champagne out there that people spend five figures on, and same with cards.
It was just a little sarcasm. I’m not really calling Reacher ….

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #60,002 of 62,667
1000010002.jpg

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #60,003 of 62,667
@PixelSquish

Fair points to make but at those spend levels, it’s also an emotional attachment and not just a matter of ownership. Aside from the people who are very very rich, we all want to get some sort of validation from the stuff we buy. No one wants to hear that your purchase that you spent a good amount of scratch on sucks, and on the flip side you don’t want to know how good something is if it’s absolutely unattainable with your means. It’s why you see so much clashing with stuff with drastically different price points.

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #60,004 of 62,667
Well first of all I had no idea that was this little boy's club there in water cooler.

But that shouldn't matter why should we let it lie. The fact is there is greed in the world. It's one of the biggest problems in the world. Of course sometimes people are greedy, sometimes companies are greedy, etc..

I never said it was bad to spend money on a hobby you like. Just look at the gear in my signature it's over 10K.

But I mean if we can't criticize a company for what is perceived by many as greed preying on the most vulnerable parts of the human condition, then what do we have left?

If we can't even discuss the shades of gray in how how brands, companies and people spend and advertise and market and fomo and hype, and all the things that go into any hobby or product line, What are we on the planet for if we can't discuss these subjects?

That sounds like a weird kind of censorship.
Funny, just a few pages back folks were talking about taking a sabbatical this year because next year there will be TWS that will be both staggeringly awesome and cheap, gear that will bring tears to your eyes while silencing crying babies. And oh yeah, totally wireless! Meanwhile, there are apparently some hard core fetishists genuflecting before a pair of $8,500 wired IEMs? Isn't that maybe just a little funny, if not absurd?

The fact is we are in a of boom of technological expansion that seems to float down to the masses at the speed of Moore's law. Big money spend in this hobby probably gets about 18 months exclusivity before it's the next $100-200 thing. I could think of a lot of better things to do with $8,500 but, to each their own, and if sellers can get a buyer good for them. Meanwhile, we've reached page 4000 here!

Jan 30, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #60,005 of 62,667
I have been using the Noble Audio Fokus H-ANC more than the Mackie's lately, I find now when I've found a proper EQ that they are pretty much equal even if the Mackie's are more to my liking in how natural and balanced they sound with vocals that just sound UH-MAZING. But the Nobles have been a lot more stable since I get that crackling sound with the Mackies, and unlike the other person who said something that it happens with ANC on for a few seconds with certain songs - for me it's not that, when they start crackling it's going to be that way permanently until I put them away, and then if I wait a couple of days and use them they're fine for a little while until it happens again, and ANC on or off doesn't matter. I should try to send them back for a warranty replacement but it feels like a bit of a hassle when you've ordered it from overseas, and it's especially going to be hard to prove because they might be fine after resting during the shipping process.

BUT, I think I need to take a break from both of them now, since they have pretty much the exact same shape they both kinda chafe on one point in my ear, and today while using a cotton swab/q-tip or whatever you want to call it, I drew blood for the first time from that exact area. :D
I mean, it's not from INSIDE the ear canal before people start to worry, but I still think it means that I should probably take a little break and wear something else for awhile.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #60,007 of 62,667
Anyone with the Noble Falcon Max experiencing these issues?
-Earbuds turned off when taking out of case
-Automatically connects to LDAC (Variable Bitrate) and not the Highest configuration. Prefer it to connect to Snapdragon Sound but have to re-connect to enable it.
-Sometimes volume is lower than last time of usage

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #60,008 of 62,667
Jan 30, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #60,010 of 62,667
Anyone with the Noble Falcon Max experiencing these issues?
-Earbuds turned off when taking out of case
-Automatically connects to LDAC (Variable Bitrate) and not the Highest configuration. Prefer it to connect to Snapdragon Sound but have to re-connect to enable it.
-Sometimes volume is lower than last time of usage
How are these?

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #60,011 of 62,667
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #60,012 of 62,667
Age is a state of mind :metal:
Yeah but short, fat and thinning hair isn’t. I think Reacher has the edge unless she finds a headphone addiction attractive… I’ve never tried the old “hey, do you want to come in and see my headphone collection” line.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #60,013 of 62,667
Yeah but short, fat and thinning hair isn’t. I think Reacher has the edge unless she finds a headphone addiction attractive… I’ve never tried the old “hey, do you want to come in and see my headphone collection” line.
OK, I think I can imagine a YouTube video… and GoFundMe for legal and medical bills…!

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #60,014 of 62,667
Jan 31, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #60,015 of 62,667
You could catfish me with this line
Most of you guys in here would probably go into the van with the sketchy guy saying "hey, you there, wanna step into my van? I have the Sennheiser HE-1s and the new unreleased Noble Audio TWS's back here!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back