Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #59,896 of 62,749
I hardly use my MTW3 due to discomfort but I have tried them again and now noticed the the Blue LED (Wear Sensor) is not working on the right earbud, tried cleaning them and will do factory reset if nothing then RMA.

If the new MTW4 are same shape/fit then they are a no go for me and the real battery life is pretty poor at about 5.5hours with my usage.

Have you tried an ows type product?

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 24, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #59,897 of 62,749
^^ No and would not like them due to sound would not be as good and no passive NC (I like peace and quiet).

My ears and larger canals are not the issue it is the MTW3 are quite small and the outer part rubbing is the issue as its more inside my ear than with someone with smaller ears and many find the same here and in comments on Amazon.

Not had many fit issues with any earbuds using 3rd party 14mm tips apart from Bose QCII (older comfort fit set up was far better), beyerdynamic Free BYRD and the small weird shaped SoundPeats "Mini" range, the larger Opera 05 though the same kind of shape fit me.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #59,898 of 62,749
I had the exact same issue. Although I did notice that my case still had 3 LED's before it went completely dead. It happened twice so I don't think that's normal behavior. Kai has offered some support and I'm keeping a close eye on my next charge/dead cycle to see if it happens again. Might be a faulty charging case.

I'm not sure if your problem is the same with mine, my prestige charge case's 4-LED-state last like forever, the 3-LED seems to hold up for quite a while as well, but after that the battery goes flat in a breeze, never really stopping at the 2-LEDs or the last one. This is not the first time I encounter this sort of behavious though, one of my power banks is also like that. Not sure if it's a battery problem or indicator problem. Doesn't bother me too much TBH as long as I know what to expect, and the battery life is still more than satisfactory.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #59,899 of 62,749
Well, can confirm S24 Ultra does not support AptX Adaptive
Real shame

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #59,900 of 62,749
Shameless plug: as much as I love them, I’m going to post my Fokus Prestige for sale. I just can’t make the fit work. Hoping the xmems with the new narrower nozzle will work for me. If anyone wants a good deal on them, feel free to pm. They’ll show up in the classifieds in a day or two.

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #59,901 of 62,749
Shameless plug: as much as I love them, I’m going to post my Fokus Prestige for sale. I just can’t make the fit work. Hoping the xmems with the new narrower nozzle will work for me. If anyone wants a good deal on them, feel free to pm. They’ll show up in the classifieds in a day or two.
I agree, no way keeping a $600 product that doesn’t fit, that would be another definition of the word insanity.. 👍
So the nozzles are short, is this due to the wooden shell. I would imagine it would need to be CNC’ed in a way to allow for rigidity, as wood and plastic are so different to work with. The ones only selling in Japan look interesting to me, with the new tweeter.

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #59,902 of 62,749
I'm not sure if your problem is the same with mine, my prestige charge case's 4-LED-state last like forever, the 3-LED seems to hold up for quite a while as well, but after that the battery goes flat in a breeze, never really stopping at the 2-LEDs or the last one. This is not the first time I encounter this sort of behavious though, one of my power banks is also like that. Not sure if it's a battery problem or indicator problem. Doesn't bother me too much TBH as long as I know what to expect, and the battery life is still more than satisfactory.
Seems to be a more common issue than I thought. You're right, I've never seen the case LED's drop below the 3 LEDs. AKA, I've never seen it at 2 LED's or 1 LED's. The battery life is fine, but it seems that the LED's are not reading the battery life accurately.

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #59,903 of 62,749
I agree, no way keeping a $600 product that doesn’t fit, that would be another definition of the word insanity.. 👍
So the nozzles are short, is this due to the wooden shell. I would imagine it would need to be CNC’ed in a way to allow for rigidity, as wood and plastic are so different to work with. The ones only selling in Japan look interesting to me, with the new tweeter.
It’s not the depth of the nozzles it’s the diameter that gets me. They seem to be wider than my other TWS.

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #59,905 of 62,749
Now my case looks like this. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 25, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #59,906 of 62,749
Jan 25, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #59,908 of 62,749
Newbie to Bluetooth question:

When a DAP sends a music file via Bluetooth, does it get processed through the DAC & the other hardware first? Do the DAC chip(s), and all the other hardware matter when using Bluetooth transmissions from the DAP?

The antenna is very important, as well as the B.T. codecs, what else should we look for in a DAP for maximized transmission via Bluetooth?

Jan 25, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #59,909 of 62,749
After getting AirPods Pro 2 I've never looked at any other iem because convenience and sound is up there. If I'm at home I go with full sized headphones anyway.

Jan 25, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #59,910 of 62,749
Newbie to Bluetooth question:

When a DAP sends a music file via Bluetooth, does it get processed through the DAC & the other hardware first? Do the DAC chip(s), and all the other hardware matter when using Bluetooth transmissions from the DAP?

The antenna is very important, as well as the B.T. codecs, what else should we look for in a DAP for maximized transmission via Bluetooth?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but your chosen DAP is not likely to have any impact on BT Sound Quality. The BT headphones themselves do all of the work. Someone may be able to argue some slight benefits to a higher quality DAP with respect to codec implementation but it's probably a marginal difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back