Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 4, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #59,416 of 62,436
The Aurvana Ace 2 really do sound great. I have a hard time even verbalizing what I think of their sound, or rather, what I think sounds unique about their sound.
Because I do feel like they have a very distinct... I don't even know if I should say sound signature, timbre, or what.

They do have a pretty wide sound stage when listening to them with ANC off, and they really do feel very detailed, the bass is fast and can certainly rumble a bit if you want it too, but it's not any sort of excessive bass in there. I feel like they sound deep somehow, and they make the music sound very good, and maybe... tactile? Weird word to use but it's the most appropriate one I can think of at the moment. I think their bass emphasis is slightly weird in that it feels like it's sort of in between the frequencies where I would normally place sub-bass and mid-bass typically, but it still sounds great.
I think the note weight is slightly too thin for my taste in the mids, but it's just a minor gripe and more of a personal preference and not really anything I would say is a true negative, just a different flavor than what I often prefer.

The Creative App though? Yeah it ****ing blows. It removes my EQ settings pretty much every damn day. I had made 8 EQ's yesterday, out of those 8 only the 1st one remains there today, and this is not the first time this has happened either.
Hey @Juturna , we are aware of the issue with the app and this will be fixed in our next app update. Do look out for it!

Jan 4, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #59,417 of 62,436
Listening to The Joker by the Steve Miller Band and at the beginning of the song there are alot of cymbal crashes. I was listening to the Elite 10 at the time. I decided to switch to the MP-20TWS thinking the crashes would be really harsh and surprise surprise the Elite 10 was harsher. So when got home I then tried the Svanar Wireless and it less sharpbas well.

So the Elite 10 has the most sibilance. Listening to other aspects the MP-20TWS is the warmest of the 3 slightly more forward in the midrange. The Svanar is the most balanced and in some ways more detailed and other ways slightly less detailed than the MP-20TWS. I have to admit I kind of like the added warmth and midrange.

On a walk I tried the wind mode and there was zero wind noise. But will wait for a more windy day before I pass judgement on that feature.

As long as AAC is OK the MP-20TWS do seem to be one of the best TWS I have tried for audiophile like sound. They beat the Soundcore Liberty 2 and 3 Pro, In Between Pro, and 1 More Evo, all models with hybrid driver configurations to my ears. But I also like this type of signature. The other models all have an app to change their signature if it's not to your liking. So keep this in mind.

So are these worth considering? ABSOLUTELY!!! The Svanar Wireless also has no app and consequently no EQ and the MP-20TWS compete with that TWS for audio quality even without having LDAC.

Both Mackie and HiFiMan are throw back companies that rely on tuning expertise over electronic sound wizardry.

For anyone willing to tweak the sound using other apps or means and wanting a higher level of detail versus bells and whistles, while on a lower budget, the MP-20TWS is worth looking at.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #59,418 of 62,436
Alright, I found a statement about the working principles of MEMS speakers here, which should help to clarify the differences a bit:

(Source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/working-principles-usounds-mems-loudspeakers-ferruccio-bottoni)

Also, there's this description from manufacturer Soranik, who's IEMs combine both an xMEMS and Usound speaker:

(Source: https://www.stereocheck.com/news/he...n-ear-monitors-with-mems-drivers-from-usound/)

Personally, I think you can put the emphasis on differences and say they're like apples and oranges. Or you can put the emphasis on similarities and say they're more like Gala and Granny Smith. Either way is fine with me, I'm not interested in arguing with anyone, only interested in learning the facts.
Hope I can shed some light on the matter based on my limited experience with both MEMS manufacturers :)

First of all, MEMS speakers are all superior to conventional drivers in terms of high frequencies. This is due to less moving parts and the tiny form factor of the speakers themselves. However, that comes at the cost of their ability to move large air volumes compared to DDs for example. There are solutions but that is another story.

Secondly, the difference of xMEMS and USOUND regarding their treble response is mostly due to their approach. USOUND utilized their own diaphragm that is moved by the MEMS ‘motor’ underneath, while xMEMS’s vibrating part is actually its whole silicon surface. Different material, different response. That’s also the reason we are using both MEMS speakers for the combination of flavor :)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #59,421 of 62,436
Yup, but after seeing those measurements, I reserve the right to be skeptical. Lack of high treble doesn't necessarily mean they don't sound crisp, but rather that they may lack air and stage may feel small. Gonna see for myself, that's why I ordered them. There's no risk involved, worst case I have to pay return shipping to Creative.
FWIW for me I'm noticing the opposite, but I've both EQ:d them and switched to the Pentaconn Coreir Brass eartips on them and the soundstage is honestly among the best and largest I've heard on TWS's (at least in those without any sort of spatial audio), even with ANC on.

Seriously, they tickle my brain with certain music, they're blowing my mind more and more with every use.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #59,422 of 62,436
Goddamn btw, Amazon US is not messing about. I ordered my Noble Audio Fokus H-ANC on the 2nd, and they were already here and out for delivery yesterday on the 4th despite the estimated delivery date being the 10th of January.
I might need to mention that with "here", we're talking about Sweden.

Now of course I didn't get it yesterday because the UPS drivers only go around marking people as not being home or unable to be contacted, so they just leave it at the end of the day by the closest carrier location. But I can pick them up now at least. :)

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #59,423 of 62,436

Screenshot_20240105-031047_eBay.jpg

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #59,424 of 62,436
My Creative Aurvana Ace (not 2) arrived, putting them through their paces now.

Initial impressions of the build: not impressed when compared to others at a similar price (and ones at a lower price). Flimsy case lid, cheap in hand feel, buds feel and look cheap IMO.

I'm not blown away by the sound initially either coming from the Freebuds Pro 3 - A/B testing later.

Don't seem to be able to enabled LE audio on my Pixel 6 Pro so that's a shame but we shall see how it goes with them.

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #59,425 of 62,436
Jan 5, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #59,426 of 62,436
My Creative Aurvana Ace (not 2) arrived, putting them through their paces now.

Initial impressions of the build: not impressed when compared to others at a similar price (and ones at a lower price). Flimsy case lid, cheap in hand feel, buds feel and look cheap IMO.

I'm not blown away by the sound initially either coming from the Freebuds Pro 3 - A/B testing later.

Don't seem to be able to enabled LE audio on my Pixel 6 Pro so that's a shame but we shall see how it goes with them.
These were my initial impressions too. I suggest you A/B them with ANC off because the clarity comes through much better that way (especially vs. the Freebuds Pro).

I don't think LE changes quality, but it somehow enabled Spatial Audio for me in a way that comes and goes, but that's still a mystery for me.

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #59,427 of 62,436
These were my initial impressions too. I suggest you A/B them with ANC off because the clarity comes through much better that way (especially vs. the Freebuds Pro).

I don't think LE changes quality, but it somehow enabled Spatial Audio for me in a way that comes and goes, but that's still a mystery for me.
My ears don't agree. Freebuds are better in every way be it sound, build and features.

They obliterate the regular Ace hands down to me, no questions. They sound wider, more detailed, airy, bass is much faster and less bloated.. add in much better ANC and the dynamic ear EQ and all the other features. Really no contest for me so far.

I guess for me it's probably down to a more mature set up with the planar + DD that Huawei have and tuning over 3 in the Freebuds series.

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #59,429 of 62,436
Has anyone else had issues with static with the Ace 2? Whenever I open my mouth too wide or occasionally just when looking down the left side will get crackly. CS had me do a master reset, FW update, and another master reset and now I'm sending it in for an exchange.
I also had issues with low volume occasionally when reconnecting with my phone which usually resolved by turning off/on.
Must be that the seal changes when opening your jaw or chewing. It makes sense.. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back