Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 3, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #59,371 of 62,437
1704312758016.png

Since the original FCC filing for the AT TWX9 was 10-12-21 this new thing after the TWX7 is some upgrade version of it?? Has the capital A designation at the end and the older filing is like the TWX7 just ending in L and R. BLE capable version most likely but perhaps improved in some other aspects?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #59,372 of 62,437
How would you compare soundquality between the Jabras and the Auvarnas?
If i need something rocksolid i just get out my Pixel Buds Pro i currentely use with a Wavelet EQ.
If you have the Pixel Buds Pro as backup you do not need Jabras.
CReative APp. < very subtle!

I am honestly curious how long it took you to come up with it. 😀
Like two or three times using it :laughing:

About sound quality -- since people keep asking -- the Creative Aurvana Ave blows away any TWS I have ever heard. Full Stop. It's not about tuning, just pure sound. I will add that the sound is so different that your ears may reject it at first. That is what happened to me and others here and in some reviews I read. And for me it sounds noticeably better with ANC off but some folks seem to need the ANC training wheels.

It's no secret, it's all about the xmems driver. If I could have had the option I probably would have bought the Falcon Max at $120 more for the LDAC just to not have to deal with the CReative APp! But the Aurvana has the exact same drivers and amp, and at $130 for the boring looking one, just buy it already.

Jan 3, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #59,373 of 62,437
If I could have had the option I probably would have bought the Falcon Max at $120 more for the LDAC just to not have to deal with the CReative APp!
What is it you actually need to do in the app?

I just want something to grab and use quickly, is it a PITA for that?

Jan 3, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #59,374 of 62,437
What is it you actually need to do in the app?

I just want something to grab and use quickly, is it a PITA for that?
I actually don't use the app, because I use flat EQ. was stand-in for a general complaint about usability, controls, etc. For me it connects without issue 9/10 times and on the 10th it's BT disconnect/reconnect. YMMV, sound-wise it's great, 'nuff said.

Jan 3, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #59,376 of 62,437
All, keep in mind. Each of our auditory systems are unique. I posted a great YouTube study on why we hear different here on this thread somewhere…. What sounds fantastic for one, my sound so-so to another…. Our ear holes are crazy complex 😀

The cochlea even differs in size from person to person. You are right, it is very complex, so much so, a lot of the auditory system is still a mystery.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 4, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #59,378 of 62,437
Has anyone else had issues with static with the Ace 2? Whenever I open my mouth too wide or occasionally just when looking down the left side will get crackly. CS had me do a master reset, FW update, and another master reset and now I'm sending it in for an exchange.
I also had issues with low volume occasionally when reconnecting with my phone which usually resolved by turning off/on.

Jan 4, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #59,379 of 62,437
Has anyone else had issues with static with the Ace 2? Whenever I open my mouth too wide or occasionally just when looking down the left side will get crackly. CS had me do a master reset, FW update, and another master reset and now I'm sending it in for an exchange.
I also had issues with low volume occasionally when reconnecting with my phone which usually resolved by turning off/on.
Didn’t encounter these issues thus far.

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #59,380 of 62,437
The Aurvana Ace 2 really do sound great. I have a hard time even verbalizing what I think of their sound, or rather, what I think sounds unique about their sound.
Because I do feel like they have a very distinct... I don't even know if I should say sound signature, timbre, or what.

They do have a pretty wide sound stage when listening to them with ANC off, and they really do feel very detailed, the bass is fast and can certainly rumble a bit if you want it too, but it's not any sort of excessive bass in there. I feel like they sound deep somehow, and they make the music sound very good, and maybe... tactile? Weird word to use but it's the most appropriate one I can think of at the moment. I think their bass emphasis is slightly weird in that it feels like it's sort of in between the frequencies where I would normally place sub-bass and mid-bass typically, but it still sounds great.
I think the note weight is slightly too thin for my taste in the mids, but it's just a minor gripe and more of a personal preference and not really anything I would say is a true negative, just a different flavor than what I often prefer.

The Creative App though? Yeah it ****ing blows. It removes my EQ settings pretty much every damn day. I had made 8 EQ's yesterday, out of those 8 only the 1st one remains there today, and this is not the first time this has happened either.

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #59,381 of 62,437
When I tried out the Ace and Ace 2, I much preferred the sound of the Ace 2. I don't think it's just AptX lossless that differentiates the two models - tuning sounded different too.

Finally the Ace 2 are on the way. Hopefully they'll actually connect to my Xperia 1 IV without a hitch as the Zen Hybrid Pro SXFI still only connect to iPhone or PC. When I tested them out I could only control volume from the buds - if I tried using my phone nothing happened! Same with the Soundpeats Air 4 Pro so seems like a Sony issue

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #59,382 of 62,437
When I tried out the Ace and Ace 2, I much preferred the sound of the Ace 2. I don't think it's just AptX lossless that differentiates the two models - tuning sounded different too.

Finally the Ace 2 are on the way. Hopefully they'll actually connect to my Xperia 1 IV as the Zen Hybrid Pro SXFI still only connect to iPhone or PC
Yeah, I think people miss the fact that just because it's the same hardware that both models will sound the same. I was very tempted to go for the regular ace given that fact yesterday but decided against it last second.

I think it'll probably be Ace 2 or nothing for me but I'm pretty happy with the Huawei Freebuds Pro 3 as they do everything and sound amazing.

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #59,383 of 62,437
The FR at least is the same on both models:

graph (2).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back