Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 20, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #58,861 of 62,212
I've got the Elite 10 today and I must say I'm impressed. How can something this small be so powerfull and effectice? Impressed by the ANC. Coming from NTP I don't miss anything. And of course they fit better. Easier to handle in the case and in the ear. Has anyone tried different tips or are they proprietary? Which size is the one mounted compared to the ones that are included?

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #58,862 of 62,212
The tips are proprietary but some here have successfully used Bose tips.

I am satisfied with the tips they come with. I just had to get used to them feeling loose due to their design. Once I stopped worrying I now just enjoy them and have stopped fiddling with them.

I actually struggle to use other TWS now because they don't feel as comfortable.

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #58,863 of 62,212
Beggars cannot be choosers and many "Sheepies" love Apple devices.
Apple devices are great because they’re dead simple to use, have tons of accessories support, are readily available and if you want you can get an extended warranty with unlimited repairs. I just got some USB-C APPs for 160. They’re head and shoulders above anything in that price range.

Are there better sounding options? Sure
But do any of them have a pocketable case, have decent call quality, compact in size, comfortable fit and have accessories like a key chain holder, tips or have decent after-purchase support ?

All the options that sound better usually give up one or several parts mentioned above to the AirPods.

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #58,865 of 62,212

Dec 20, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #58,868 of 62,212
I received and returned the Aurvana Ace. I found removing from and rehousing buds to the case really fiddly and knew it would drive me nuts. The sound signature also didn't wow me, but the trebles sounded detailed enough to be very interested in the xMEMS-style tech in future when it fully takes the wheel.

It took ages to connect to the app too. Possibly due to the fact I've found yet another foible with my Moto Edge 30 Ultra's Bluetooth. It insisted on connecting with the LC3 codec - even when I switched to Aptx Adaptive it would switch right back, and even when doing so with the Bluetooth Codec Changer app. Add this to the fact that its Aptx Lossless just doesn't work (tried with the DPP and Soundpeats Air).

It's a great phone in every other way, but since Android 13, introduce anything capable of more than 24/48/96 Adaptive and the software over-reaches and causes lots of issues. Luckily the MTW3 is at its connectivity sweet spot and I'm liking that more and more! No longer missing the DPP quite so much. *Wipes a single tear*

Dec 20, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #58,869 of 62,212
I just got my NuraTrue Pro refunded due to the ANC acting up in the left bud. I guess they disabled the unit on the server, is there any way to use them "offline"?
Na but email support on a new ticket asking if they can turn it back on so you can use it in some capacity (like the 10% of time you don't need ANC) or find a better niche use case.

I did this for mine that had bad cutouts, got a different support person and they turned it back on so I could use it on occasion when at home (not my preferred use-case)

Dec 20, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #58,870 of 62,212
ANC gives me awful motion sickness so...

Can anyone attest to the sound quality of Denon Perl Pros or Technics AZ80 with ANC off? Or other TWS earbuds with ANC off that would work well for fast & slow (incl. ambient) electronic music and also classical & jazz? I know ANC on vs off have diff sound curves and ANC on has a lot of DSP applied to it which can make things sound rly different, so it's hard to trust reviews sometimes.

Reading this thread, it seems the Perl Pros (previously Nuratrue yeah?) are really well loved so thinking of picking that up as long as the ANC issue is OK.

(Posted about this in a thread but no responses so I thought I'd post here)
Sound quality of all tws will be better without ANC. So just make sure you purchase one that doesn't have it on by default.

I dislike ANC and just don't turn it on.

DPP is a great option.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #58,871 of 62,212
Bought the Bose Ultra headphones then wondered how they would compare to the Sony WH XM5 so I picked one of those up as well. The Wife actually noticed and asked why i needed both and I said I wanted to compare and return the one I don't "like", well, it happens that I like both.
She asked today (a week or so later) if I returned it yet and I have not and still don't want to. Maybe she will forget, probably not. Real life problems, huh.

Dec 20, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #58,872 of 62,212
I received and returned the Aurvana Ace. I found removing from and rehousing buds to the case really fiddly and knew it would drive me nuts. The sound signature also didn't wow me, but the trebles sounded detailed enough to be very interested in the xMEMS-style tech in future when it fully takes the wheel.

It took ages to connect to the app too. Possibly due to the fact I've found yet another foible with my Moto Edge 30 Ultra's Bluetooth. It insisted on connecting with the LC3 codec - even when I switched to Aptx Adaptive it would switch right back, and even when doing so with the Bluetooth Codec Changer app. Add this to the fact that its Aptx Lossless just doesn't work (tried with the DPP and Soundpeats Air).

It's a great phone in every other way, but since Android 13, introduce anything capable of more than 24/48/96 Adaptive and the software over-reaches and causes lots of issues. Luckily the MTW3 is at its connectivity sweet spot and I'm liking that more and more! No longer missing the DPP quite so much. *Wipes a single tear*
The Edge 30 doesn't support Aptx Lossless

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #58,873 of 62,212
Na but email support on a new ticket asking if they can turn it back on so you can use it in some capacity (like the 10% of time you don't need ANC) or find a better niche use case.

I did this for mine that had bad cutouts, got a different support person and they turned it back on so I could use it on occasion when at home (not my preferred use-case)
Thanks for the tips, I'll email them.

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #58,875 of 62,212
Do you find sometimes one of the Elite 10 buds don't activate when you pull them out of the case?
Happened once or twice for me, yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back