Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #58,666 of 62,905
I'm pretty late to the Status Between Pro, but for some reason I'm fixated on fixing their sound even though they annoy me to no end. Right out of the box, they were a mess and needed a few days for the drivers to settle in. I think they are about as good as they are going to get, but that bass is still not very well integrated and kinda bloaty. Spinfit CP100 have helped tightened up the bass, and -3db low shelf have made them a little more balanced. I do like the mids and treble, but I do generally like BA micro dynamics, extension and air. The thing that might kill them for me is the high noise floor, which is unfixable. The question is, does it make sense to get the 3ANC? I kinda like the Between Pro as a break from the AZ80 (makes me appreciate the refined sound of the AZ80 all the more I guess), so I'm trying to be convinced to keep them or try the 3ANC.

Dec 11, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #58,667 of 62,905
I'm pretty late to the Status Between Pro, but for some reason I'm fixated on fixing their sound even though they annoy me to no end. Right out of the box, they were a mess and needed a few days for the drivers to settle in. I think they are about as good as they are going to get, but that bass is still not very well integrated and kinda bloaty. Spinfit CP100 have helped tightened up the bass, and -3db low shelf have made them a little more balanced. I do like the mids and treble, but I do generally like BA micro dynamics, extension and air. The thing that might kill them for me is the high noise floor, which is unfixable. The question is, does it make sense to get the 3ANC? I kinda like the Between Pro as a break from the AZ80 (makes me appreciate the refined sound of the AZ80 all the more I guess), so I'm trying to be convinced to keep them or try the 3ANC.

so, I haven't owned either, but the impression I got is that the 3ANC is a step-up from the Between Pro and does a better job of integrating the Dynamic Driver and BA so the crossover is less noticeable/smoother. I can't comment on the noise floor, but I hadn't heard it was a problem on the 3ANC. I almost bought them but am waiting for the next gen.

tl;dr - I think the 3ANC is worth an evaluation separately from the Between Pro, but I'd return the Between Pro.

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #58,668 of 62,905
Any impressions on the new Bose Earbuds Ultra? I have read reviews from RTings and SoundGuys, both being quite positive. However, I am not completely persuaded by the frequency response curve. I'd like to hear some thoughts. I have the Sports, and I find them very comfortable for running and exercising, so the ultra IEMs seem a good option for an upgrade.
I was looking at the Bose QC Ultras for a trip I’m taking soon. Conclusion that I reached, after advice here, was stick to the QCii unless I needed the “immersion” mode and Snapdragon sound. I went with some refurb QCii’s on the Bose website.

Dec 11, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #58,671 of 62,905
Hi,

I own a Samsung s23 Ultra so I need a TWS which can handle the LDAC Bluetooth Codec. A already have the:
- Sony WF-1000XM5
- Technics EAH-AZ80
- Huawei Freebuds Pro 3

I don't need another cheap TWS. I only looking for one which is better than the three mentioned above....

I know I have high expectations because I already owned the :
- Noble Audio Mystique
- B&O EX
- Campfire Orbit
..........and so on

But now I have a Samsung Phone which don't support aptx Codecs...

Maybe someone can give a Recommendation?
Why not Buds 2 pro? Really solid choice for Samsung. It is not better or worse but perfectly integrates into the ecosystem.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #58,672 of 62,905
Why not Buds 2 pro? Really solid choice for Samsung. It is not better or worse but perfectly integrates into the ecosystem.
I had the Buds 2 Pro before. I think they are very good for the money. The build quality is very good even better than the Air Pods Pro 2. The frosted finish is very nice it is not slippery and fingerprints are not visible. The fit is very comfortable but not extremely stable. But they never fall out even at the Gym. Why I sold them? I think the Highs are a bit harsh. The Huawei freebuds pro 3 have better Highs but they are to loud...

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #58,673 of 62,905
Any impressions on the new Bose Earbuds Ultra? I have read reviews from RTings and SoundGuys, both being quite positive. However, I am not completely persuaded by the frequency response curve. I'd like to hear some thoughts. I have the Sports, and I find them very comfortable for running and exercising, so the ultra IEMs seem a good option for an upgrade.
Short answer, not a refined sound.

Bad:
Thin mids, lack of sparkle in treble, mid-bass is missing. Mic is not good when not in a quiet room or out walking on the street. No wireless charging(unless you spend $$ on another case) if you care about it.

Good:
ANC is the best amongst all TWS, sub bass is bloated but ample, comfort is top notch.

Dec 11, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #58,674 of 62,905
Réponse courte, pas un son raffiné.

Mauvais:
Médiums fins, manque d'éclat dans les aigus, manque de médiums graves. Le micro n'est pas bon lorsqu'il n'est pas dans une pièce calme ou en marchant dans la rue. Pas de recharge sans fil (sauf si vous dépensez $$ pour un autre étui) si vous vous en souciez.

Bien:
ANC est le meilleur parmi tous les TWS, les basses sont gonflées mais amples, le confort est de premier ordre.
Most QC 2 Ultra earphone reviews are not done with high-resolution codecs. With adaptive aptx or 700 kbs sbc (alternative a2dp driver) these are truly different beasts !
The soundstage opens very wide, bass are very naturals and medium / highs take their place. The transducer is very high end, nothing to compare with airpods pro 2 or samsung buds pro 2. Immersive sound is also interesting, depending on the records. I really regret that QI charge is optional, and case is too big, but the sound and ANC are first on my list.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #58,675 of 62,905
I think Apple understands the TWS market.
IMG_1182.png

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #58,676 of 62,905
Short answer, not a refined sound.

Bad:
Thin mids, lack of sparkle in treble, mid-bass is missing. Mic is not good when not in a quiet room or out walking on the street. No wireless charging(unless you spend $$ on another case) if you care about it.

Good:
ANC is the best amongst all TWS, sub bass is bloated but ample, comfort is top notch.

Exactly. I have the QC 2 and by all accounts the Ultra are not that different. The mystery is why Bose chose such a horrible tuning. They make music so blah and unengaging, completely destroying natural timbre. On top of that they don't image at all and soundstage is non existent. Listen to Bach Cello Suites, any recording. The entire body of cello is gone. Notes are one dimensional. No sense of the acoustic space at all. I use them strictly for podcasts and movies in noisy environments. I don't care for music on them at all.

Dec 11, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #58,678 of 62,905

Users who are viewing this thread

Back