Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 6, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #58,576 of 62,260
My twx9 arrived yesterday… I’ve been using Airpods Pro 2 until now and previously Samsung Buds 2 Pro. Absolutely no complaints, the latter ones are excellent choices. Just with their limited codecs… no aptx, using them on windows pc is not optimal.
Glad twx9 actually sounds good, can be sibilant on lesser recordings but most of the time I really enjoy them. Reminds of mrs7b but with better bass extension and overall smoother sound.

Well I am not done yet, ordered Freebuds Pro 3 🫣
I must admit, I really like the Freebuds Pro 3. They're a more refined Freebuds Pro 2. Not been out of my ears since I got them.

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #58,577 of 62,260
Speaking of the sound only, is there a big difference between the momentum true wireless 3 and the technics az60?
I've had both. The AZ60 was a lot smoother sounding overall. However, since the MTW3 app update the sound quality is far better and far more customisable.

Both have a very good app, but I found the fit and audio quality that much better on the MTW3.

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #58,579 of 62,260
Finally got around to opening and listening to my Black Friday AirPods 3rd gen…. Simply superb in every way.. I compared them to my recently bought original Sony Linkbuds (donut shape drivers). The Sonys are actually more isolating but can’t come close the Apple sound signature. I picked up the AirPods 2nd gen last year and have 2 year old AirPods Pro’s. All three are different, but the nod goes to the third gen. Why? Because it is an amazing blend of the pro’s and 2nd gen. Really the best of both worlds.. highly recommend for Apple users, and a can’t miss.. 👍

Dec 6, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #58,580 of 62,260
I've had both. The AZ60 was a lot smoother sounding overall. However, since the MTW3 app update the sound quality is far better and far more customisable.

Both have a very good app, but I found the fit and audio quality that much better on the MTW3.
agreed. my AZ60 sat and collected dust vs my MTW3

Dec 6, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #58,581 of 62,260
This could help explain the big differences we hear between each of us. Also could explain why I think Bose QC sound very good with their non- penetrating tips; just my anatomy….

Sure. This is actually old news and the study he references is from 2008. Also, we have Paul Barton of PSB talking about differences in real human ear canals in this clip:

That's why in-device EQ in TWS is such a useful and important feature. But many audiophiles dismiss it offhandedly and keep fussing about the default tuning instead.

Fun fact, it's a no-brainer for us that people need different tip sizes, but few will accept that they need different sound tunings as well.

Dec 6, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #58,582 of 62,260

I agree with this as well.

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #58,583 of 62,260
So I received my MW09s yesterday and was immediately disappointed with what I felt as them sounding a little muddy. I started digging into the app and discovered this setting and now I am much happier with them!
1000000031.png

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #58,584 of 62,260
So I received my MW09s yesterday and was immediately disappointed with what I felt as them sounding a little muddy. I started digging into the app and discovered this setting and now I am much happier with them!
1000000031.png
Same. Was disappointed in the sound but the Audiophile sound effect changes the sound for the better. Am very satisfied with them now

Dec 7, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #58,588 of 62,260
Sure. This is actually old news and the study he references is from 2008. Also, we have Paul Barton of PSB talking about differences in real human ear canals in this clip:

That's why in-device EQ in TWS is such a useful and important feature. But many audiophiles dismiss it offhandedly and keep fussing about the default tuning instead.

Fun fact, it's a no-brainer for us that people need different tip sizes, but few will accept that they need different sound tunings as well.

100%!

Everybody is different, people will hear things in a slightly different way to each other.. we just don't really know to what extent.

Very interesting video, thanks for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back