Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 28, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #58,382 of 62,389
Anyone try the Edifier Neo Probuds 2? If so, how are they and how good do they sound?
I have them. They sound good but can feel hollow by default. Found the Dynamic sound effect is the saving grace. Aside from sound, ANC is ok, the touch controls are weird. Have not tried spatial audio

Attachments

• 17011481519726718436955752291802.jpg
    17011481519726718436955752291802.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 28, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #58,383 of 62,389
I have them. They sound good but can feel hollow by default. Found the Dynamic sound effect is the saving grace. Aside from sound, ANC is ok, the touch controls are weird. Have not tried spatial audio
Thanks. I think I'm going to pick them up on the Ali Black Friday sale. I know that they don't have that great battery life, but I just need a pair for walking the dog. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, so I thought these might fit the bill. Under $85 on the sale. You wouldn't happen to have any other suggestions in this price range, would you? Just asking, I know everyone on here has multiple....well everything. haha

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #58,384 of 62,389
Thanks. I think I'm going to pick them up on the Ali Black Friday sale. I know that they don't have that great battery life, but I just need a pair for walking the dog. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, so I thought these might fit the bill. Under $85 on the sale. You wouldn't happen to have any other suggestions in this price range, would you? Just asking, I know everyone on here has multiple....well everything. haha
How about the Liberty 3 pro and nuarl n6 pro? Liberty is 65.99 on ebay and nuarl is 50 something on amazon.

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #58,386 of 62,389
Per the question in this thread “are we there yet?”. I’ve been listening to my new Audeze isine 20’s, and the answer is a resounding no…. TWS have made big improvements, but the highs, mids and lows on the 20’s, are in a different universe. An unbelievable bargain at $195 bought direct from Audeze, during the annual B stock sale. Highly recommended 👍

Off topic, but which version of the iSine 20s did you buy? AFAIR, the consensus has been that only the cipher cable version is recommendable, because of their wonky frequency response that's being ironed out by the cipher cable.

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/audeze-isine-20/

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #58,387 of 62,389
Off topic, but which version of the iSine 20s did you buy? AFAIR, the consensus has been that only the cipher cable version is recommendable, because of their wonky frequency response that's being ironed out by the cipher cable.

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/audeze-isine-20/
I'm gonna say that, as somebody who already had the iSine 20 before, it really doesn't need the Cipher cable as long as you have access to some sort of EQ. I made them sound absolutely fantastic just on my Android phone with a small Fiio usb-c dongle and Wavelet.
So yeah, if you're not going to use EQ at all they will sound pretty bad/meh, but the issue is otherwise overstated that you _need_ the cipher cable.

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #58,388 of 62,389
Also, I now have two new purchases in the TWS sphere actually...
First and foremost I did order the new Creative Aurvana Ace 2, excited to see if they're any good.

Then I actually bought the Bose Quietcomfort Buds Ultra. I have the QCII's and I really like them for several reasons (and dislike them for several others tbh, but more good than bad), but I noticed the other day that the left earbud seems to have just given up completely and doesn't respond to anything I do, whatsoever. No sound, no acknowledging tone that it's connected or on etc. I think I do have warranty on the QCII's so I should probably send them in anyway, but it sort of made me feel like "eh, what the hell let's just check out the new ones", heh.
Was really having a hard time deciding between the black and the white ones, because I had the white ones previously on the QCII's and didn't want to feel like I was buying the EXACT same earbuds again, but in the end I just landed on the white ones anyway because they just look so much better than the black ones imo.

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #58,390 of 62,389
Also, I now have two new purchases in the TWS sphere actually...
First and foremost I did order the new Creative Aurvana Ace 2, excited to see if they're any good.

Then I actually bought the Bose Quietcomfort Buds Ultra. I have the QCII's and I really like them for several reasons (and dislike them for several others tbh, but more good than bad), but I noticed the other day that the left earbud seems to have just given up completely and doesn't respond to anything I do, whatsoever. No sound, no acknowledging tone that it's connected or on etc. I think I do have warranty on the QCII's so I should probably send them in anyway, but it sort of made me feel like "eh, what the hell let's just check out the new ones", heh.
Was really having a hard time deciding between the black and the white ones, because I had the white ones previously on the QCII's and didn't want to feel like I was buying the EXACT same earbuds again, but in the end I just landed on the white ones anyway because they just look so much better than the black ones imo.
I had the exact same issue with my QC Ultra buds, also the left one. What worked was repeatedly putting both buds in case and charging the case then remove charger cable and repeatedly insert remove from case. Not what one should expect from premium buds..

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #58,391 of 62,389
I'm gonna say that, as somebody who already had the iSine 20 before, it really doesn't need the Cipher cable as long as you have access to some sort of EQ. I made them sound absolutely fantastic just on my Android phone with a small Fiio usb-c dongle and Wavelet.
So yeah, if you're not going to use EQ at all they will sound pretty bad/meh, but the issue is otherwise overstated that you _need_ the cipher cable.
Yes, I’m using my Sony DAP with EQ and have the sound dialed in. I’m sure I can get more out of them and will try many things. Sorry for the off topic, but we do discuss from time to time, how close the IEM vs TWS gap has closed. As we all know, the gap is closing, but not there yet.

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #58,392 of 62,389
I gave up on Denon Perl Pro after going through two units that had the same technical issue. I'll return some day maybe, but anyway...

Went for the MTW3 after hearing rave reviews of the latest update with the personalised mode. I came in with hopes of this being best of the rest...and had some initial disappointment.

Both out of the box and after a lot of playing around with the personalised sound (mainly with the circle) I still couldn't get away from the treble being too harsh and percussion lacking punch.

Then in the initial step I tried lowering the volume of the strings and bass below where had seemed initially sensible, but boosting the hell out of the drums; then when I got to play with the circle again, going super bassy but keeping the treble and mids in balance, so the circle at about six o'clock.

Now they are performing at a level I didn't think they were capable of - once pancake-y drums now give me the thud I need, as if I'm in the room with them rather than listening through the wall, and the treble is way smoother! The bass and the sub-bass was already good, but now the whole picture is there. The process really rewards a bit of trial and error.

From the start they've been pretty stable too at either 24/96 or 24/48 Aptx Adaptive, and the ANC is very good, so now very happy all round!
Just tried your approach to personalized sound. Seems to be an improvement! I've been pretty frustrated with the MTW3 (other than wind mode). I think their method of personalizing sound is very unintuitive. Thanks for posting your unique approach.

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #58,393 of 62,389
I forgot to turn off spatial sound for my Shure TW2 and now they sound just right with the Volur.

Also I will say, I wore gloves today for the first time since last winter, and the tactile buttons sure came in handy.

Really love these so far minus the fact even with the mini MMCX to 2 pin adapter, they are not as sleek as they should be. But they fit fine. It would be better if the 2-pin were a part of the product though.

The ambient mode is handy because it's good. I keep it two notches below max to avoid the hissing.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #58,394 of 62,389
Nov 28, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #58,395 of 62,389
Any early adopter get their JLAB Epic Lab Edition yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back