Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #58,202 of 62,231
I really like the spatial when walking around using ambient mode in more serene environments like a park. It does give a live effect and emphasizes the details. In general, I use spacial if I want to focus on drums, or just give my ears a break because of the reduced loudness. I think it's a work in progress but will get better and maybe on my "must" list going forward.

When I have been able to hear actual Atmos media on the Jabras it sounds amazing, but sadly it seems like the whole spatial thing is turning into a mess the way codecs are. Apple music on Android does not allow me to enable Atmos, even though my headphones support it, because my pixel phone supports what they call
Spatial but not Atmos. And now they are coming out with a new type of spatial with Samsung. Add in all the streaming services differences and it's becoming a bit of a crapshoot on Android.
I am on Android and primarily use Amazon Music if not listening to my own collection.

I tried a few Atmos specific songs from Amazon with Spatial audio enabled. It was slightly more immersive but only a smidge. So not sure why I am getting such good immersion with Spatial disabled but I find it darn good. I have looked and I DO NOT have Dolby Atmos enabled on the phone itself.

Agree with this being really confusing and a mess. So many ways it can be getting applied...

Nov 20, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #58,203 of 62,231
Yes the Rtings review implies that the Jabra 10 do well with Atmos streaming content but I honestly don't hear any difference compared with other earbuds. Anyway Atmos is going to be a "gimmick" without at least a 5.1 setup with separate speakers. I've read that some virtual systems by Sony do a good "simulation" but I've got my doubts. Anyway with earbuds there's zero chance of getting any actual "spatialization". At best it will be "binaural".

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #58,204 of 62,231
Today I discovered a little "issued" with my Fidelios from Philips.
Don't get me wrong, I like them a lot and the Fidelio Sound Signature. Next to the Noble Mystique this are my most used TWS.
And its only in this one song: Dying lately from Jake Hill. Around second 28, when the deep Bass set in, the bass overshadows the mids. Sound like a cheap TWS from a few years ago. Even the T2 doing this, although the T2 is more neutral and lighter sounding compared to the T1. Only in this song, nowhere else till now. Maybe its a certain frequency?

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #58,205 of 62,231
Today I discovered a little "issued" with my Fidelios from Philips.
Don't get me wrong, I like them a lot and the Fidelio Sound Signature. Next to the Noble Mystique this are my most used TWS.
And its only in this one song: Dying lately from Jake Hill. Around second 28, when the deep Bass set in, the bass overshadows the mids. Sound like a cheap TWS from a few years ago. Even the T2 doing this, although the T2 is more neutral and lighter sounding compared to the T1. Only in this song, nowhere else till now. Maybe its a certain frequency?
Where’d you get the t2.

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #58,206 of 62,231
I know we don’t post all the deal we see, but there’s been a lot of talk about the Jabra 10 lately and almost half off a new set seemed like something to share.
——————————————————-
(NEW) Jabra Elite 10 ANC Wireless Earbuds with Dolby Atmos Surround Sound - $169.99 - Free shipping for Prime members https://electronics.woot.com/offers...urround-sound?utm_medium=share&utm_source=app

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #58,208 of 62,231
Just got the PI7 S2...They sound clean and neutral, very good...But the main problem for me is the low volume...Kinda spoils the earbuds as a whole imo :/

Very dated tech and few features too, but I knew that before I ordered.

I'm also very excited for the ZE800 MK II, I'll probably check them out if Final decides to sell them from Amazon again. Who knows what might be launched at CES 2024!

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #58,209 of 62,231
does anyone actually own the noble prestige tws? Trying to see how it compares to mystique and focus pro in sq? Also I just got the status between pro. Some people say it's actually better sounding than the 3anc version . Thoughts? It may be my favorite yet?

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #58,210 of 62,231
does anyone actually own the noble prestige tws? Trying to see how it compares to mystique and focus pro in sq? Also I just got the status between pro. Some people say it's actually better sounding than the 3anc version . Thoughts? It may be my favorite yet?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns.684787/post-17828968

Apparently there are differences but no details given... Noble made some PCB improvements but how could that affect SQ?

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #58,212 of 62,231
I know we don’t post all the deal we see, but there’s been a lot of talk about the Jabra 10 lately and almost half off a new set seemed like something to share.
——————————————————-
(NEW) Jabra Elite 10 ANC Wireless Earbuds with Dolby Atmos Surround Sound - $169.99 - Free shipping for Prime members https://electronics.woot.com/offers...urround-sound?utm_medium=share&utm_source=app
Very good price....I think they are probably worth it at that price. I originally said 150 so we are getting close. The question would be these or the MTW3 at the same price.

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #58,213 of 62,231
Very good price....I think they are probably worth it at that price. I originally said 150 so we are getting close. The question would be these or the MTW3 at the same price.
Jabras have one of the best mic for calls, good sound and great battery life. ANC is very good as well, comfort is supposed to be great but for some reason didn't fit my ears well at all and they'd just fall out. Definitely worth it at that price. However, no hi-res codecs with an Android phone and I didn't like the Atmos 360 sound. Also, it seemed to lack the dynamic impact when there are sudden changes in music.

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #58,214 of 62,231
Jabras have one of the best mic for calls, good sound and great battery life. ANC is very good as well, comfort is supposed to be great but for some reason didn't fit my ears well at all and they'd just fall out. Definitely worth it at that price. However, no hi-res codecs with an Android phone and I didn't like the Atmos 360 sound. Also, it seemed to lack the dynamic impact when there are sudden changes in music.
Your thoughts totally aligned with mine. I had them twice. Mine didn't fall out, but the fit felt strange. Once I didn't fiddle with them I was better, not great but better. Musically, they were okay, nothing special to me. Although I found an EQ setting which I felt, based on the the hardware, milked as much out of them as possible. A good price. The fact that the ANC was good when watching football in a bar, and they were waterproof, so they worked for me at the pool made me purchase them twice.

My EX's have worse ANC, but are waterproof and made the Jabras expendable. My Svanar's only have great sound and aren't waterproof and have sub par ANC.

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #58,215 of 62,231
The Jabras are almost too small as they don't "fill" the concha of normal sized ears like the 65Ts or the Echo Buds do for instance. Filling the concha has the advantage of more stability and better passive isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back