Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 19, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #58,186 of 62,542
So I pulled out my old Echo Buds v1 and...they provide better isolation (mostly passive, ANR is very "weaksauce") than the Jabra 10 ! I guess that takes care of my questions about keeping them or not. Sure they're convenient with easy multi-pairing and good quality calls but I rarely use earbuds for calls so...If they were 149€ instead of 299€ (249€ currently on Amazon) I might be tempted but they're clearly overpriced for my use case (good isolation during commutes or train trips).

The RTings review has something about getting good results with the Dolby Atmos mode when streaming compatible music but I have not been able to hear any spatialization of note with Tidal or Amazon Atmos compared to what I get with "simulated Atmos" on "non-Atmos" earbuds, has anyone here had more luck ?
I find the Spatial Sound works but I don't enjoy it as much as their normal sound which reflects what ever is the music versus forcing a special effect. The head tracking is kind of cool but distracting. The biggest challenge is the spatial setting reduces the bass and highs.

For me, I don't need great isolation just good isolation so the Elite 10 fit the bill in that regard.

But I keep them and think they better than any other TWS I have owned because to my ears they offer the biggest sound stage and offer great instrument separation and placement in the sound field. I love this affect as it makes music so much more immersive and interesting.

But I have seen some owners complain that the instruments sound artificially spread out or in their own islands. This shows how my tastes differ from others, so if you like a more cohesive sound the Elite 10 are probably not going to be your cup of tea.

I paid full retail for my pair hoping they would go on sale so I could claim back the difference. They have not... But I actually enjoy these so much I don't care, plus their full MSRP is a good $100 cheaper than Sony or Bose or the Denon DPP, so have no issues with their retail price. But will be happy for others when they start going on sale.

I also find the Elite so much more comfortable than most TWS. But since all ears are different, there is no guarantee of this for all users. What I did go through was a period of adjustment where I felt they were loose because they felt so different from normal TWS. But the reality for me was they actually were secure, so once I became used to their feel I stopped fidgeting with the all the time. I now use them in the gym and on runs without issue.

I have to say I feel like the Denon fans... It feels like I am flogging the Elite 10 because not many people talk about them and several members did not like them, but FOR ME, they are close to perfection I have found in a TWS for what I like in the sound.

I do hope Jabra fixes a few things though when they release their update. The way wind reduction works is counter intuitive as you have to enable ambient mode to actually get the wind reduced and since it's automatic it cuts in and out depending in the strength of the wind. I will be over the moon of they simply offer a Wind mode via a setting that just enforces what ever magic they do to get rid of wind.

If they can't or won't make it a separate setting, I hope they incorporate it into the ANC mode and make it more aggressive so it takes less wind to make it kick in.

Nov 19, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #58,187 of 62,542
Interesting. I've just sold (another) pair of MTW3s because of the DPPs :) The MTW3 (I re-bought them for 115€ brand new) are the better bang for the buck, no doubt, but they stood no chance in the sound department in direct comparison for me (while still sounding very good of course). They're just not as "musical", effortless and capable when it comes to complex sounding tracks with a lot going on at the same time, their bass cannot hit as dry and hard without compromising the rest of the mix. ANC on the Senns is slightly worse as is their take on sound personalization, no comparison here imo. Also, that really perfect fit of the DPP is key for me. It's just on another level in my ears and I didn't even have a problem with the fit of the MTW3s at all, they were also quite securely sitting in there. The Denons are more reliable when it comes to mulitpoint, too. It just works every single time here.

Funny that you mention the spatial audio thing, I think this is the first set for me on which I didn't immediately turn it off - I really like it here. It doesn't ruin everything like it does on most TWS implementations. Personal taste of course, as is most of this maybe, but the Denons are definitely the much better set than the MTW3, imo. I got them for 279€ which is a solid price, I guess. Cannot argue against the fact that it was more than twice the price in comparison to the Senns, however. Still, the MTW3 are gone again, which is quite telling all things considered (but they still remain one of my favourite TWS, I just don't need that many around and prefer to keep the better ones).
Interesting. I just don't hear the spatial. Not that it sounds bad or anything but just can't feel it

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #58,189 of 62,542
Ya, saw that deal as well. Great price, but not interesting buying anything new at the moment either...

Nov 19, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #58,192 of 62,542
I find the Spatial Sound works but I don't enjoy it as much as their normal sound which reflects what ever is the music versus forcing a special effect. The head tracking is kind of cool but distracting. The biggest challenge is the spatial setting reduces the bass and highs.

For me, I don't need great isolation just good isolation so the Elite 10 fit the bill in that regard.

But I keep them and think they better than any other TWS I have owned because to my ears they offer the biggest sound stage and offer great instrument separation and placement in the sound field. I love this affect as it makes music so much more immersive and interesting.

But I have seen some owners complain that the instruments sound artificially spread out or in their own islands. This shows how my tastes differ from others, so if you like a more cohesive sound the Elite 10 are probably not going to be your cup of tea.

I paid full retail for my pair hoping they would go on sale so I could claim back the difference. They have not... But I actually enjoy these so much I don't care, plus their full MSRP is a good $100 cheaper than Sony or Bose or the Denon DPP, so have no issues with their retail price. But will be happy for others when they start going on sale.

I also find the Elite so much more comfortable than most TWS. But since all ears are different, there is no guarantee of this for all users. What I did go through was a period of adjustment where I felt they were loose because they felt so different from normal TWS. But the reality for me was they actually were secure, so once I became used to their feel I stopped fidgeting with the all the time. I now use them in the gym and on runs without issue.

I have to say I feel like the Denon fans... It feels like I am flogging the Elite 10 because not many people talk about them and several members did not like them, but FOR ME, they are close to perfection I have found in a TWS for what I like in the sound.

I do hope Jabra fixes a few things though when they release their update. The way wind reduction works is counter intuitive as you have to enable ambient mode to actually get the wind reduced and since it's automatic it cuts in and out depending in the strength of the wind. I will be over the moon of they simply offer a Wind mode via a setting that just enforces what ever magic they do to get rid of wind.

If they can't or won't make it a separate setting, I hope they incorporate it into the ANC mode and make it more aggressive so it takes less wind to make it kick in.
I really like the spatial when walking around using ambient mode in more serene environments like a park. It does give a live effect and emphasizes the details. In general, I use spacial if I want to focus on drums, or just give my ears a break because of the reduced loudness. I think it's a work in progress but will get better and maybe on my "must" list going forward.

When I have been able to hear actual Atmos media on the Jabras it sounds amazing, but sadly it seems like the whole spatial thing is turning into a mess the way codecs are. Apple music on Android does not allow me to enable Atmos, even though my headphones support it, because my pixel phone supports what they call
Spatial but not Atmos. And now they are coming out with a new type of spatial with Samsung. Add in all the streaming services differences and it's becoming a bit of a crapshoot on Android.

Nov 19, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #58,193 of 62,542
I have seen these a couple of years ago.
They looked good. Not sure if they are the same now but the Amazon photo looked identical to the actual adapters.
https://www.amazon.com/OEAudio-MMCX-0-78mm-Adapter-Clear/dp/B07XKWJK6T?th=1&psc=1
I've used this brand several times. I usually opt for the mini version because they are a little bit shorter than the ones via that link. They all work well but they do extend the connectors a little bit and depending on what adapter you use you might have a weird fit.

Nov 19, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #58,194 of 62,542
My girlfriend just came home after a few months on the road and her first comment was - how many new headphones did you get?
What did you answer? - and was is correct :o2smile:

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #58,195 of 62,542
Nov 19, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #58,196 of 62,542
Thanks. I picked up a mini set of those plus ordered the Shure's from Sweetwater. Looking forward to trying them. A good ambient mode would be great. I sold my Go Pods, so this is a break even purchase lol
I think you will be quite happy with the performance of the adapters. You can also give them more juice when in the settings you pick the SE215 as the default device. Let us know.
The ambient has many levels to choose from. The max levels are hissy but amplify well. EQ is seriously the best. might be overkill for many.

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #58,197 of 62,542
I see the Status between 3ANC have dropped to 139 for Black Fridays deal. The sale is going on now on there site, tempting but I really do not need/want and more earbuds.
Those and the EX's stayed with me longer than any others. Great Price, great sound

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #58,198 of 62,542
Nov 20, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #58,199 of 62,542

Users who are viewing this thread

Back