Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #58,231 of 62,501
Nov 22, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #58,232 of 62,501
https://www.bose.com/p/accessories/...rt-earbuds-ii/CMWB-QCEARBII-AL-EARTIPKIT.html

I can't tell the difference in ANC between the two, but my old ears could be wrong.
Any luck since you posted this ?

Do you hear any difference with the QCII in terms of ANC ?

What's that "alternate fit kit rings and tips" for the QCII ?
Further to this, I returned my Bose Ultra and grabbed the Bose Ultra cans yesterday. Using them today. Hoping for more ANC and better sound for a long flight this holiday season. I have to say, the cans, with Immersive Audio on sound waaaaay better than the Ultra buds. IA kicks the stage open huge. I'm impressed. Listening to the new-er Ozzy album and man, to me, these are the best sounding Bose cans to date. But no, not better than the B&Ws or B&O or the Bathys and the list goes on. But the trade of is stellar ANC. Ugh.

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #58,233 of 62,501
Thanks for the link and feedback. Yes I can imagine that IA would come into its own with cans that "expand" the "sound stage" beyond the ear canals.

Had you been able to run some ANC comparisons before returning the earbuds ? I still have my QC25 (and the QC20 "buds"!) and find that they have their pros/cons in terms of ANC compared to earbuds, better passive isolation overall but they don't block the ear canal as much so they let in different sounds.

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #58,234 of 62,501
Thanks for the link and feedback. Yes I can imagine that IA would come into its own with cans that "expand" the "sound stage" beyond the ear canals.

Had you been able to run some ANC comparisons before returning the earbuds ? I still have my QC25 (and the QC20 "buds"!) and find that they have their pros/cons in terms of ANC compared to earbuds, better passive isolation overall but they don't block the ear canal as much so they let in different sounds.
I sold off my QCII before I got the Ultra. Honestly, it's barely an iterative upgrade. I will say, I do think they ironed out the bugs with the Ultra in comparison to the QCII. I had zero issues with them on both Apple and Android devices. From memory, the ANC on both is so close. Bose is my go-to for any air travel these days. I'll be testing out my Devialet G2s ANC on the same trip this time. Not expecting anything, but you never know, they could surprise me!

Nov 22, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #58,235 of 62,501
ok, actually I was thinking of an earbud vs cans comparison.
I did read that ANC was identical between the QCII and QC Ultra buds. It sounds like you still have the QCII earbuds ?

I remember being pretty impressed by the ANC of the QCII last year for "static noise" (jet engines) but was disappointed with their handling of chattering in a cafeteria and of course of their poor handling of wind noise (useless when riding a bike). Based on reviews it seems the handling of "chattering" is still not great compared to the XM5 and I haven't read any comments about wind noise being improved either.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #58,236 of 62,501
I did read that ANC was identical between the QCII and QC Ultra buds. It sounds like you still have the QCII earbuds ?

I remember being pretty impressed by the ANC of the QCII last year for "static noise" (jet engines) but was disappointed with their handling of chattering in a cafeteria and of course of their poor handling of wind noise (useless when riding a bike). Based on reviews it seems the handling of "chattering" is still not great compared to the XM5 and I haven't read any comments about wind noise being improved either.
This just came out: Bose QC Ultra Earbuds vs Headphones Review | Buy Which One? 🤔

He's not incorrect :beerchug:

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #58,237 of 62,501

I’ve found the QC2 to be inconsistent in ANC reduction depending seeming on how they feel when you take them out of the case or whether they correctly detect the noise. I’ve had them suppress chatter wonderfully on a plane and at other times fail miserably. When they work they are great but when they don’t they are frustrating.

Agree. Wind is just broken on the QC2. At least the Ultra headphones have a wind reduction mode….

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #58,238 of 62,501
Personally Im a fan of picking up some 2-5 years old things on a discount. KEF Muo, Dali Katch, etc. But for "fun/bass" I would probably go with something in Bose/BW area
Yea good rec. The Bose SoundLink flex was half price so I just purchased another one. Can link them to stereo together.

Genuinely surprised that they are my favourite BT speaker on the market under $300 AUD. Everything else had weak bass and weird a sharpness to it (looking at you JBL)

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #58,239 of 62,501
The PI7 S2's are gooooooood, at least if you only view them from a sound quality perspective, the sound is clear, neutral (not too neutral, some bass too) with a big soundstage for an TWS...!

But I'm very pleased that I've got until late Jan to return these...If players like B&O or Sennheiser hints or presents something new at CES, then yeah I'll most likely return these. As a TWS the PI7 S2's are pretty crappy, but as a pair of wireless earbuds they're awesome.

Volume is a bit better now for some reason (using 1V so I'm getting the maximum out of these).
Did they introduce volume control on the buds or not yet?

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #58,240 of 62,501
Did they introduce volume control on the buds or not yet?
Nope...So the only way to resolve the low volume is to reconnect the earbuds..Can't control the volume on either the hardware controls or inside the app :/

But the sound is just fantastic! Despite all it flaws I've used them so much more compared to my AZ80's. Don't get me wrong the AZ80s has an excellent sound quality, along with probably the best all round tws when it comes to features. But the sound don't tempt me to listen more then when I actually need to (like when talking long walks or doing a boring task).

Whereas the Pi7 S2's makes me listen to music even when I don't "have to".

My IE 600's had the other problem, the sound quality and comfort is excellent, but the wire... It's just so inconvenient compared to a TWS.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #58,241 of 62,501
Nov 22, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #58,242 of 62,501
Has anyone purchased the MW09? I've always has a weak spot for this company and there House sound. I bought and sold the MW07 3 times but always got rid of them due to the fit in my right ear. I'm trying real hard not to but I may (probably) cave in.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #58,243 of 62,501
Has anyone purchased the MW09? I've always has a weak spot for this company and there House sound. I bought and sold the MW07 3 times but always got rid of them due to the fit in my right ear. I'm trying real hard not to but I may (probably) cave in.
I’ve decided against it. Same driver. Same sound per reviews. Just a new look and higher price. Realize I don’t answer your question. I think a couple folks here ordered them.

Nov 22, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #58,244 of 62,501
I’ve decided against it. Same driver. Same sound per reviews. Just a new look and higher price. Realize I don’t answer your question. I think a couple folks here ordered them.
I decided I will give it a try again and bought it. I got the Kevlar case to. I hope there good! They won't ship tell the 29th so it will be a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back