Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #58,248 of 62,573
It’s been a few weeks now, so I wanted to share some impressions from my time with the Svanar LE.
IMG_4171.jpeg
They’re a nice middle ground between the Svanar and Svanar Jr, and I think aimed squarely at iPhone users and those who couldn’t be bothered with codecs.

Great build quality (so far), the case is very sturdy but is an object you may want to throw against the wall at night in the dark when you’re trying to open it. Cool design just not functional, kinda frustrating, and bulky.

Buds feel and look premium. Fit is perfect for my small ears, especially with divinius velvet tips. IPX5 rated so I’ve been sweating bullets with them at the gym. So far no issues whatsoever. I wasn’t going to take $500 tws to the gym under any circumstances (and therefore could not justify the Svanar), but these LEs gave me the nudge at $200 less.
IMG_4178.jpegDon’t bother with ANC or Transparency. You can tell Hifiman tried, but nah. It’s a no go. Totally destroys the sound on all fronts. Maybe okay for podcasts only? Idk. These isolate really well for me as is, so I never feel robbed of well-performing other modes.

As for sound, I’ve honestly been floored. Shockingly close to how I hear the HE6se v2: a jack of all trades master of one (live performances) with a more intimate soundstage. It has that tactile, live Hifiman sound that in my opinion is their secret sauce to success all these years. A true all rounder for me. It’s been really cool to have a set that I can wear literally all day with no compromises for comfort/wires/etc, and not have that audio fomo that I could be listening to something else/better/different in my stable.
IMG_4170.jpeg
Can you tell me how the MIC is for calls?

Would love to know how it performs with getting rid of background noise as well. Have a lot of issues when walking around with most of my TWS.

I have been looking at the Jr model.

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #58,249 of 62,573
Has anyone purchased the MW09? I've always has a weak spot for this company and there House sound. I bought and sold the MW07 3 times but always got rid of them due to the fit in my right ear. I'm trying real hard not to but I may (probably) cave in.
I purchased them, but they have yet to arrive. I pre-ordered on the day they were announced, and my particular variant was said to be "available from November 22." Well, today's the day, and I haven't received a shipping notice yet. Wondering what the point of pre-ordering was.
In fact, when I check their website now, it says "available from November 29." Not the best ordering process if I'm honest, but I'm still hopeful that I'll like them!

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #58,250 of 62,573
I purchased them, but they have yet to arrive. I pre-ordered on the day they were announced, and my particular variant was said to be "available from November 22." Well, today's the day, and I haven't received a shipping notice yet. Wondering what the point of pre-ordering was.
In fact, when I check their website now, it says "available from November 29." Not the best ordering process if I'm honest, but I'm still hopeful that I'll like them!
I ordered the Gold color and said the shipping date would be on the 29th. Contacted customer support to swap it with the black version. They said yes and shipped it out today. Getting it Friday and hopefully they are black

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #58,251 of 62,573
Any luck since you posted this ?

Do you hear any difference with the QCII in terms of ANC ?

What's that "alternate fit kit rings and tips" for the QCII ?
Actually, yes, quite some luck. Those initial problems I outlined kinda dissapated by themselves without me doing anything really ... but still, I do get SOME of those weird 'sound jumping around' bleeps which I have on the QC2 even more ... i wonder if it has to do with the general BT overload in Tokyo trains, but then again, I only get that on my 2 recent Bose buds (I actually went running with my old QC1 buds today, no such issues at all)

It might be subjective, but yes, I do hear a difference, especially with occasional sounds, as if the processor in the buds just catches them way quicker now an counteracts ... sometimes it is eerie how silent things get .. like my own footsteps ... (but I have not done any running with them yet, so, I guess they will have the same thud as the QC2)

The alternate fit kit gives you two more size options. The buds come with S,M,L and the kit gives you XS and XL, both for tips and wings, at around 10$ .... of course, those who need XL also want XS ... kind of a bit of a scam selling you 2 sets of which you clearly need only one ... with XL I am getting an even better seal and ANC gets better

Never did I really care about this spacial / 3D audio in other buds ... but here, the Bose Immersion setting has become my default. Can't put my finger on it, but it does make everything fell richer ...

This might also trigger me to get the Ultra Headphones, maybe Xmas :)

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #58,253 of 62,573
Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear that the Ultras offer some improvements. I've seen claims on comments in YT videos that they were...worse for ANC and the guy thought it might be due to the new codec...
Feel somewhat tempted now :wink:

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #58,254 of 62,573
Can you tell me how the MIC is for calls?

Would love to know how it performs with getting rid of background noise as well. Have a lot of issues when walking around with most of my TWS.

I have been looking at the Jr model.
Call quality has been really nice. I’ve spent at least 15 hours on calls with them so far and no issues. Made it a point to ask if I sounded clear and I did. This was only indoors though, I really haven’t tested it too much outside or in wind so sorry about that. The Jr looks cool, just note that it doesn’t have the R2R tech inside like the big daddy and LE, so the sound quality may be quite different.

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #58,255 of 62,573
Actually, yes, quite some luck. Those initial problems I outlined kinda dissapated by themselves without me doing anything really ... but still, I do get SOME of those weird 'sound jumping around' bleeps which I have on the QC2 even more ... i wonder if it has to do with the general BT overload in Tokyo trains, but then again, I only get that on my 2 recent Bose buds (I actually went running with my old QC1 buds today, no such issues at all)
In the case of mine in the London Underground it was the ANC not Bluetooth for sure.

I can believe that occasional sounds are better on the Ultras if they changed the processor, or fixed bugs.

Reminder: ANC is extremely difficult and expensive to test which is why you see lots of variation in reviews…especially as you are never told the error probability of the test. I wouldn’t trust almost all ‘tests’ you see for ANC even from reputable reviewers. There is also build and fit variation too….

Nov 23, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #58,257 of 62,573
Call quality has been really nice. I’ve spent at least 15 hours on calls with them so far and no issues. Made it a point to ask if I sounded clear and I did. This was only indoors though, I really haven’t tested it too much outside or in wind so sorry about that. The Jr looks cool, just note that it doesn’t have the R2R tech inside like the big daddy and LE, so the sound quality may be quite different.
Thanks for the response. I am itching to get the jr. If I do ill put up a review. Currently rocking the new Sony's so looking for something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back