Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #57,826 of 62,746
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #57,827 of 62,746
Random thought but I’m looking forward to hearing what some audio companies like Noble, Hifiman, A&K can come up with the new S7 Pro chipset. 24/192 lossless over WiFi is a pretty crazy development and I’d wait for that instead of playing around with what’s currently in the market. Only downside is that those features could push prices upwards…

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #57,828 of 62,746
Random thought but I’m looking forward to hearing what some audio companies like Noble, Hifiman, A&K can come up with the new S7 Pro chipset. 24/192 lossless over WiFi is a pretty crazy development and I’d wait for that instead of playing around with what’s currently in the market. Only downside is that those features could push prices upwards…
Most users here won't get to experience 24/192 lossless wifi if they won't change their phone preference. Happened when Aptx Lossless was out

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #57,829 of 62,746
Most users here won't get to experience 24/192 lossless wifi if they won't change their phone preference. Happened when Aptx Lossless was out
yes likely a year or more away

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #57,830 of 62,746
You like these better than the Final and Nobles?

Better than Noble - definitely for me but it's a preference thing. I'm so very tired of these shameless V-shape tunings. Mystique is a no-no but the Prestige is not bad.
Better than Final - almost certainly, with Final perhaps preferable if you want to listen for many consecutive hours due to its totally fatigue-free comfy tuning. MTBs are more neutrally tuned so if your music demands aggressiveness they can deliver.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #57,831 of 62,746
There’s still laptops and DAPs. However I wouldn’t hold my breath on DAPs having this as an option since generally they’re several generations of Snapdragon behind, and that’s if they use Qualcomm chips. This feature would definitely be better if it worked independently of having a Qualcomm phone.

Apple does have a similar implementation but it’s restricted to the Vision Pro headset, and I somehow doubt that Sony will play nice after spending money on LDAC. It’s getting there but it’s likely to be 1-2 more generations before there’s a lot of devices to take advantage of it.

Nov 2, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #57,837 of 62,746
Qualcomm also makes a lot of connectivity modems for laptops, like 5G, Bluetooth and WiFi. So we’ll see if they relax that for laptops.
And those modems are also used by almost every phone manufacturer. I have know idea about the technical details but would solve everything if they would also break out Snapdragon sound to a separate component.

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #57,838 of 62,746
I guess you mean the Snapdragon X Elite? They say it rivals Apple silicon and it's coming in 2024. If it works with S7 Pro then I think I may be buying my first non apple laptop in a while.
I’d test it first, most likely not a big improvement over Apples latest AAC chipsets. Changing a phone is a bigger issue than any perceived sound improvement..

Nov 2, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #57,839 of 62,746
@james444 @regancipher
Can you refer some in-ear tws about $30? Havit, Soul, QCY, Soundpeats, ...
In Vietnam, QCY ht05 about $20 (sale off, new without warranty), Huawei Freebuds 5i about $45 (used with wanrranty, over budget).
Does ht05 have disadvantages?
Thanks
I am releasing a video on the best $30 options next week. HT05 is still my favourite budget option.

Sure, it has some annoyances (I talk about them here) but they sound better than the next best option (Moondrop Space Travel) and have other big advantages too (fully customisable controls and EQ that save to the buds, effective and highly configurable ANC, reasonable call quality, good latency performance, good battery life, etc).

The MST are pretty good, but they also have the non capacitive touch control problem, so they have no real advantages over the HT05 (despite certain YouTubers claiming the MST are 'game changers' or whatever they are saying)

Nov 2, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #57,840 of 62,746
Soundcore AeroFit and AeroFit Pro... https://us.soundcore.com/products/aerofit-pro-a3871011?ref=navimenu_1_1_img
1698845711396.png

JVC also working on open style with the new Nearphones NP50T...
1698845541880.png
I've had the Pro for a while. Not really a fan. The driver output section is too big - it rests against your tragus and is quite uncomfortable. I've been quite surprised (although perhaps I shouldn't be) by the reviews claiming they're the best thing since sliced bread - I tested the 1More S50 after them and they blow them out of the water in every category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back