Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 7, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #56,177 of 62,434
Let the Svanar games begin.
Okay, so I just listened to a few songs. High Fidelity mode.

These:

Quick hit. These things are immediately the best sounding TWS I own now. Granted, I've sold off a bunch of the big boys. The soundstage on the Svanar is very wide for a TWS. I love it. Close to cans wide. Instrument separation is stunning considering they only use one driver. I know there's all that other magic there but man, this is great. Using the highest LDAC settings my Pixel Fold offers. Nice sub-bass thump, not as nuts as the DPP, but cleaner and the perfect amount imo. Fit is soooooo much better than the DPP and the NFP/NFM. I used to have to EQ the latter to get a sound I preferred. So far, not feeling like the Svanar need it. I'm really enjoying how these are tuned. Sure, first blush, but you know. The case is much smaller than I thought it would be. Buds are like mini IEMs, with a nice inner carbon fiber shell. Before even turning them on, I swapped out the stock tips for some Final TWS tips and they seem to be perfect. I may so more experimenting with tip. Touch controls are fine. I DO miss volume controls on them, but I can deal. Auto pause works great. Qi charging works seemingly fine as well.

Very curious how these sound against my Clairvoyance with Shure Adapters.

Are the Svanar Wireless overpriced? Yes. But if you can swing the cost, they are worth it.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #56,178 of 62,434
These seem well spec'd apart from battery only 6 hour and only available in 2pin connector.

fgdfggfddfg.png

https://kz-audio.com/kz-az20.html

£74.57
£124.27 (40% off)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005871949604.html

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #56,179 of 62,434
Sep 8, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #56,180 of 62,434
Okay, so I just listened to a few songs. High Fidelity mode.

These:

Quick hit. These things are immediately the best sounding TWS I own now. Granted, I've sold off a bunch of the big boys. The soundstage on the Svanar is very wide for a TWS. I love it. Close to cans wide. Instrument separation is stunning considering they only use one driver. I know there's all that other magic there but man, this is great. Using the highest LDAC settings my Pixel Fold offers. Nice sub-bass thump, not as nuts as the DPP, but cleaner and the perfect amount imo. Fit is soooooo much better than the DPP and the NFP/NFM. I used to have to EQ the latter to get a sound I preferred. So far, not feeling like the Svanar need it. I'm really enjoying how these are tuned. Sure, first blush, but you know. The case is much smaller than I thought it would be. Buds are like mini IEMs, with a nice inner carbon fiber shell. Before even turning them on, I swapped out the stock tips for some Final TWS tips and they seem to be perfect. I may so more experimenting with tip. Touch controls are fine. I DO miss volume controls on them, but I can deal. Auto pause works great. Qi charging works seemingly fine as well.

Very curious how these sound against my Clairvoyance with Shure Adapters.

Are the Svanar Wireless overpriced? Yes. But if you can swing the cost, they are worth it.
How is the reception with LDAC 990kbps, stable enough, how far away can you move from the phone before interruptions start?

Sep 8, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #56,184 of 62,434
Doesn't Win11 support AAC natively?
Yes, same as aptX but he will add some settings you can tweak.

Some of my earbuds seem to be 16/48 in Windows via AAC and aptX but with his driver I can set to 16/44.1

Screenshot 2023-09-08 081548.png

He had to pay for the licence and there is a good deal:

The regular price of the license is $9.99, but if you purchase the license before the free trial period expires, you can get it for $5.99. (40% off) *

I got it for $2.99, I assume the reason is because I own his other products.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #56,185 of 62,434

AAC CODEC Support​

Why are there two license editions?

I have a license that does not support AAC CODEC support. How can I try AAC CODEC?

Do I need AAC CODEC support?

If you don't know if you need it, it's probably unnecessary, but here are a few things you should know:
  • Windows 10 standard A2DP driver doesn't support AAC CODEC.
  • So if you're using Windows 10, your headphones support AAC CODEC, and you want to make use of it, you can use the Alternative A2DP Driver's AAC CODEC support.
  • Windows 11 standard A2DP driver DOES support AAC CODEC.
  • It's support is basic (for example, the sampling frequency is fixed at 48kHz), but it works reasonably well. So if you don't need advanced features (such as dynamic sampling frequency switching), you don't need the Alternative A2DP Driver's AAC CODEC support.
  • You can purchase a license without AAC CODEC support for now, and later, if it becomes necessary, you can upgrade to the "with AAC CODEC support" edition.

https://www.bluetoothgoodies.com/a2dp/faq/#do-i-need-aac

Sep 8, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #56,186 of 62,434
Gotta remember in regards to the Noble Fokus Prestige that they were born via customer demand and not some marketing ploy to get more money from us. I'm sure the later will happen too but it's not Noble trying to hoodwink us.

Sep 8, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #56,187 of 62,434
I don't trust KZ. They have released misleading TWS like 10 BA drivers per unit and that was nothing but fake. Now magically the Qualcomm QCC5171 can output 24/382khz transmission over Bluetooth. Yeah, this screams like another scam by that company
I'd love to see some reveal video / article on this .. I have been falling into that KZ "more and more drivers per bud" sinkhole a few years back until I just found it to be ridiculous ... and was always wondering if anyone ever bothered to crack them open and count (did not even consider they could just add some fake components in there)

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #56,188 of 62,434
Got to demo the Sony WF-1000XM5 today in the airport of all places, though the manager seemed ticked off I didn’t buy on the spot (shouldn’t have a big ol “try these” sign then lol).

My only point of reference is the Denon PerL Pro at the moment.

In short: super comfortable, easy seal, excellent noise cancellation, responsive touch sensor. Very fun but not artificial signature that worked across any genre I threw at it.

For those wondering (as I once was), there is still a noticeable difference in terms of soundstage, detail, separation, and extension compared to the PerL and Fokus tws. Not that the Sony’s are bad, just that the others are really good (from purely a sound perspective).

Blessed to have been able to demo them since no stores near me ever do, and it finally assuaged my curiosity (or anxiety?) that the higher-tier are indeed a different level.

Sep 8, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #56,189 of 62,434
Got to demo the Sony WF-1000XM5 today in the airport of all places, though the manager seemed ticked off I didn’t buy on the spot (shouldn’t have a big ol “try these” sign then lol).

My only point of reference is the Denon PerL Pro at the moment.

In short: super comfortable, easy seal, excellent noise cancellation, responsive touch sensor. Very fun but not artificial signature that worked across any genre I threw at it.

For those wondering (as I once was), there is still a noticeable difference in terms of soundstage, detail, separation, and extension compared to the PerL and Fokus tws. Not that the Sony’s are bad, just that the others are really good (from purely a sound perspective).

Blessed to have been able to demo them since no stores near me ever do, and it finally assuaged my curiosity (or anxiety?) that the higher-tier are indeed a different level.
I haven’t tried the DPP, but am really aching to… will wait till a good sale (if one ever happens) to pick them up. I have the Mystique and XM5, and I agree with you that the SQ of the Noble are just amazing and well beyond the XM5. But, there is an important distinction… the XM5 have ANC, which the Noble don’t have, and the sound quality is still pretty good, just not on the level of the Mystique. If I don’t need ANC, I reach for the Mystique. If I need ANC I reach for the XM5, or another ANC TWS. Different horses for different courses, as the saying goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back