Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 31, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #55,921 of 62,273
Anyone had their Fiio UTWS5 just stop working all of a sudden? Or I should clarify... They both power on, but sound is only coming from the left earbud, and I've tried it with several earbuds and there's just no sound coming out.

Is it an issue with the MMCX connector you reckon? They're honestly less than a month old so that would be a bummer and a half.
Happened to me for both of my UTWS5 (newest version) several days ago. Luckily a quick reset was able to fix it. All you have to do is put the adapter + IEM into the case and close it, then open it and hold the pairing button for 12 seconds.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #55,922 of 62,273
Happened to me for both of my UTWS5 (newest version) several days ago. Luckily a quick reset was able to fix it. All you have to do is put the adapter + IEM into the case and close it, then open it and hold the pairing button for 12 seconds.
Thank you! I will try this later when I have the time, fingers crossed that it's something that easy. Will update when I've tried it!

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #55,923 of 62,273
It appears the new A&K are supposed to be released around the end of September? Anyone see anything different? I am sitting here with what I consider the top 3 best sounding TWS, the 3ANC, DPP and Svanar. Will pick up the A&K, but have zero interest in Noble.

Am I missing anything?

If I was ranking these three on SQ;

SQ
1) Svanar- audiophile tuning, great balance, full and rich
2) DPP - spacious, lush, great staging
3) 3ANC - love the 3 driver setup(2 BA, 1 DD)- bass is solid, deep. Mids provide much clarity and treble is non-offensive

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #55,924 of 62,273
And the price reduction. I got mine for $179, but they were $150 for a week or two on Amazon. They were $279 back in the day. I think they are really great for the new prices.

I can listen to these all day. Way better than the AirPods Pro 2’s. They have been my most used IEM/headphone since I got them a few weeks ago. So easy to just enjoy the music with them and not over analyze what I’m hearing.
Still upwards of £185 in the uk --- that's the price i paid

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #55,925 of 62,273
Just received news of the Jabra Elite 10 and Elite 8 Active...

Jabra Elite 10 - £229.99
https://www.jabra.co.uk/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-10

1693488336332.png

Jabra Elte 8 Active - £199.99
https://www.jabra.co.uk/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-8-active

1693488413460.png

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #55,926 of 62,273
Update: This worked magnificently, thank you for the tip! :)

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #55,927 of 62,273
Just received news of the Jabra Elite 10 and Elite 8 Active...

Jabra Elite 10 - £229.99
https://www.jabra.co.uk/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-10

1693488336332.png

Jabra Elte 8 Active - £199.99
https://www.jabra.co.uk/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-8-active

1693488413460.png
I don't know about Jabra anymore, I feel like they've gone all in on making sporty TWS's, and I feel like their previous domination when it comes to call quality has come to an end. Not only that other buds has become better, I feel like the latest Jabra's didn't even sound great (still talking call quality) in comparison to their previous buds.

Also, I've never liked the sound of their buds. Every iteration I've tried have sounded straight up WEIRD, like super artificial-sounding. But I know that others praise them so I don't know.

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #55,928 of 62,273
By the way everyone:
Does anybody know any way to save EQ's in/for Wavelet? I think it's super annoying that you can't have a list of saved EQ's for different earbuds. Like either just a complete list for all your earbuds, or at least being able to save different settings for that specific earbud.
Like even if I use my Moondrop Variations, I might want one EQ for one genre and another when I listen to something else, or one EQ for when I have them on a DAC Dongle and another for my Fiio UTWS5 for an example. It's super annoying especially for something like the Fiio UTWS5 where it remembers the EQ of the earbud you used them with... but with Fiio UTWS5 it's not always the same earbud on that earhook, so having just one EQ for it is annoying, because as soon as I've changed the EQ I won't remember what the previous one was like unless i take screenshots and crap, which is a bit of a hassle in the long run.

Aug 31, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #55,929 of 62,273
It appears the new A&K are supposed to be released around the end of September? Anyone see anything different? I am sitting here with what I consider the top 3 best sounding TWS, the 3ANC, DPP and Svanar. Will pick up the A&K, but have zero interest in Noble.

Am I missing anything?

If I was ranking these three on SQ;

SQ
1) Svanar- audiophile tuning, great balance, full and rich
2) DPP - spacious, lush, great staging
3) 3ANC - love the 3 driver setup(2 BA, 1 DD)- bass is solid, deep. Mids provide much clarity and treble is non-offensive
All I've seen is avail starting 9/30 via Audio46. 🤞

Aug 31, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #55,930 of 62,273
Aug 31, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #55,931 of 62,273
By the way everyone:
Does anybody know any way to save EQ's in/for Wavelet? I think it's super annoying that you can't have a list of saved EQ's for different earbuds. Like either just a complete list for all your earbuds, or at least being able to save different settings for that specific earbud.
Like even if I use my Moondrop Variations, I might want one EQ for one genre and another when I listen to something else, or one EQ for when I have them on a DAC Dongle and another for my Fiio UTWS5 for an example. It's super annoying especially for something like the Fiio UTWS5 where it remembers the EQ of the earbud you used them with... but with Fiio UTWS5 it's not always the same earbud on that earhook, so having just one EQ for it is annoying, because as soon as I've changed the EQ I won't remember what the previous one was like unless i take screenshots and crap, which is a bit of a hassle in the long run.
Best way is going to squig.link, use the equalizer, export graphic EQ (for wavelet) and load it in wavelet.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #55,933 of 62,273
Aug 31, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #55,934 of 62,273
OK, you Denon Perl Pro fans.

Is the sound with all the bells and whistles enabled one you like all the time, or does it ever feel fake and you turn off settings? Like I did after playing with some of the 3D features in some TWS.

I ask because I hear it sounds different than traditional TWS/IEMs and want to make sure if I bought a pair I would use that all the time or not.

Second question, do they work well enough to be an all rounder TWS?

Last question, fit wise how comfortable are they and will I need to mess around with tips or fiddle with them in ear alot?

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #55,935 of 62,273
OK, you Denon Perl Pro fans.

Is the sound with all the bells and whistles enabled one you like all the time, or does it ever feel fake and you turn off settings? Like I did after playing with some of the 3D features in some TWS.

I ask because I hear it sounds different than traditional TWS/IEMs and want to make sure if I bought a pair I would use that all the time or not.

Second question, do they work well enough to be an all rounder TWS?

Last question, fit wise how comfortable are they and will I need to mess around with tips or fiddle with them in ear alot?
I have the worst time with fit. I've had the NTP then the DPP, but not right now. So very tempted to try again, even today. The one key thing for me is the sub-bass. It's just amazing for a TWS. As far as an all-around bud, that's a hard one. It's doable. If the fit works for you then you're good to go. Never had any issues with them. Soundstage is great. I know you can find an online coupon for Denon's site and should be able to save yourself $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back