Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 4, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #54,917 of 62,747
Not ideal that Nura sold out to denon and they threw an extra £100 on the price and just cut the Nura customers loose with no more firmware support... pretty bad imo
Pretty shady but I had no option but to buy the PerL Pro. As my Nuratrue Pro case is faulty and they don't sell replacement charging cases anymore. And to me the Nura/Denon Pro are irreplaceable to my other TWS I own and had before

Aug 4, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #54,919 of 62,747
They aren't sweatproof?
If you sweat enough in your canals nothing is. Just because they won't break from sweat doesn't mean they won't accumulate enough moisture inside the tip in front of the screen that the sound will start to be blocked. 🥵

Aug 4, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #54,920 of 62,747
What exactly are you looking for in an TWS? The 1000X Series from Sony is an mediocre entry level consumer grade series.

I am surprised that these are even a topic on head fi. But there exist so many excellent solutions, so what are your top priorities?
I stopped at the XM3, for fit issues (I actually picked up two extra for $59 at a Target clearance), gave away as gifts. I do have to say, once is sit still with a decent fit, apply EQ, they can sound great 👍

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #54,921 of 62,747
I got a pair of az80's, and people are really underwriting about how comfortable and stable they are in the ear. They're large buds, definitely, but having most of the weight and stabilization on the conch of your ear make them really comfortable, along with a shallower fit in ear (I'm using the XL tips btw). I can get a pretty consistent seal too since they snuggle right inside my ear in the same place every time too.

For me, the ANC is about as good as the XM4, but more consistent since as above, I can get a good seal every time.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #54,922 of 62,747
Since when did I recommend anything to anyone?

I do not think you grasp basic sarcasm but thanks for your concern/input all the same!

P.S You must have been under a rock for many years if you have not heard of FiiO.
Ha! I get the sarcasm…. Over on head fi water cooler thread, they’re talking about putting $3k IEM’s on these Bluetooth dongles…. ?why? 🙃. IDK. They’ll say, why not…. Crazy hobby

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #54,923 of 62,747
What exactly are you looking for in an TWS? The 1000X Series from Sony is an mediocre entry level consumer grade series.

I am surprised that these are even an topic on head fi. But there exist so many excellent solutions, so what are your top priorities?
Sound quality
Comfort/fit
Price under or at 300 max
Aptx and/or ldac
Halfway decent app

Probably in that order. And ofc halfway decent battery life, but most tws have pretty good battery life

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #54,925 of 62,747
If you think they are good out of the box, wait until you've set up you sound personalisation. It's like opening a window in a stuffy room!
I don’t really understand what’s it’s doing, but the personalization does sound good.

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #54,926 of 62,747
All right, MTW3 ordered.
1691166345098.gif

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #54,927 of 62,747
Can you now charge your NTPs with the Denon Case or no?
They are 100% the same buds with different branding. Even the packaging layout. Yeah yeah, of course I had them both.

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #54,928 of 62,747
Not really the fairest comparison given the MTW3 is 1+ years older and typically $100 cheaper. That said, the MTW3 still performed extremely well against the supposed 'king'.
One year means nothing in reference to sound quality, it is not that new stuff is better in that department, the only difference can be in functionality etc.

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #54,929 of 62,747
Just grabbed the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3’s. Just out of the box with no EQ or anything I think they sound a ton better than the AirPods Pro 2’s. Good level of bass(not too much), mids are good, treble is clear and present. Firmware update is downloading or installing now.
after the updates they get even better! Make sure to do the customized sound thing. It will knock your socks off! This model made me a believer in Sennheiser again...

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #54,930 of 62,747
One year means nothing in reference to sound quality, it is not that new stuff is better in that department, the only difference can be in functionality etc.
@sgtbilko I agree with your sentiments when it comes to features, codec improvements, BT version changes etc. But @shooter is right about sound quality!. Even in that review Aaron points out how well the MTW3 hold up and that while he prefers the Sony sound more, others might prefer the MTW3. Given how much cheaper the MTW3 is compared to Sony and the fact both have extremely good sound and easy customization of said sound. I think the MTW3 is the better buy. The more I keep talking about the MTW3 the more I miss my pair... I might have to talk with my friend I sold them to and see if I can coax him to switch to another one of my TWS or maybe just buy them again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back