Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 4, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #54,886 of 63,208
You could buy the new FiiO FX15's and stick them on some BT Ear loops, only cost around £699.

1 Dynamic+1 BA+4 Electrostatic Tribrid Drivers

Untitled.png

https://www.fiio.com/FX15

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #54,887 of 63,208
I get a little frustrated with this guy, because he doesn’t level match very well when comparing the sound.. Probably tough to do on the video, but so often louder sounds better, but as we all know; it’s the quality of sound that counts.
To be fair on him, at least he does make the effort to do the comparisons, which we can collectively appreciate. But like all reviewers, personal tastes and set ups will always be a factor in how they are reviewed.

Aug 4, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #54,888 of 63,208
You could buy the new FiiO FX15's and stick them on some BT Ear loops, only cost around £699.

1 Dynamic+1 BA+4 Electrostatic Tribrid Drivers

https://www.fiio.com/FX15
I think it helps nobody recommending random earphone without any context. There are like 234783232 ChiFi earphone out there, imagine everyone would just randomly recommend them

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #54,889 of 63,208
does anyone have any advice for me? when i couldn't find this title, i wrote it in the ci fi title. they gave a few recommendations and said it was the title. The recommended models are;

huawei freebuds pro 2, campfire orbit, bowie ex, sounpeats h1, fiil cc 2 pro.

there is one for review moondrop space travel in the cargo and there is a lenovo. It's not hard to understand that both are mediocre products, I'm looking for a more mid-range product. I don't want to go over the $100-110 band, maybe in a lower band if possible because I haven't met these models before. And since my usage scenario is heavy, I think they will not last very long. so a model that I can easily order a new one when it breaks down may be better, it may be in the $70 band. I can still go to the $100-$110 band for sound because I have mid-range wired models. The reason why I write so long is that my expectations from tws are a little different from the standards.

Aug 4, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #54,890 of 63,208
I think it helps nobody recommending random earphone without any context. There are like 234783232 ChiFi earphone out there, imagine everyone would just randomly recommend them
Since when did I recommend anything to anyone?

I do not think you grasp basic sarcasm but thanks for your concern/input all the same!

P.S You must have been under a rock for many years if you have not heard of FiiO.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #54,891 of 63,208
does anyone have any advice for me? when i couldn't find this title, i wrote it in the ci fi title. they gave a few recommendations and said it was the title. The recommended models are;

there is one for review moondrop space travel in the cargo and there is a lenovo. It's not hard to understand that both are mediocre products, I'm looking for a more mid-range product. I don't want to go over the $100-110 band, maybe in a lower band if possible because I haven't met these models before. And since my usage scenario is heavy, I think they will not last very long. so a model that I can easily order a new one when it breaks down may be better, it may be in the $70 band. I can still go to the $100-$110 band for sound because I have mid-range wired models. The reason why I write so long is that my expectations from tws are a little different from the standards.
With wired earphones, the rule of thumb is something like that

Consumer: Up to 150$
Entry Level: 150-300$
Mid Range: 300-999$
High End: 1000+ (also known as kilobuck)

All prices in MSRP of course. You can get earphone with an MSRP of 1500 sometimes for as low as 900, depending on where and how you buy.

If you want to know what earphone your TWS would be, you have to divide the price by 2-10 (depending on how many features and brand and whatnot).

The more expensive the TWS is, the higher is the number you divide by because TWS are always consumer grade earphone. The most expensive TWS barely scratch the entry level.

So for example an 100$ TWS would be roughly an 25$ wired earphone but an 300$ TWS would be an 30-50$ wired earphone because you don't pay for an increase in sound quality but an increase of features and so on.

So if you own an mid range wired earphone, no TWS that exists will be even close to that. But you can just turn your earphone into an TWS which is not recommended as you said, your use case scenario is heavy.

So it all depends on how many features you want/need. How much battery life do you need? Do you need ANC? Do you want to get the best sound quality for the money? and so on.

So what is important to you?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #54,892 of 63,208
Since when did I recommend anything to anyone?

I do not think you grasp basic sarcasm but thanks for your concern/input all the same!

P.S You must have been under a rock for many years if you have not heard of FiiO.
If he would have wanted that sound quality, that would have been an good advice, so it is hard to detect sarcasm when you're making an actual good recommendation.

The only critic i had was that you recommended an random chifi, not that your recommendation was bad. The price was too high, but often people end up spending the double amount of what they intended for the better product to be happy for longer instead for a short time.

So no, i did not detect the sarcasm.

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #54,893 of 63,208
With wired earphones, the rule of thumb is something like that

Consumer: Up to 150$
Entry Level: 150-300$
Mid Range: 300-999$
High End: 1000+ (also known as kilobuck)

All prices in MSRP of course. You can get earphone with an MSRP of 1500 sometimes for as low as 900, depending on where and how you buy.

If you want to know what earphone your TWS would be, you have to divide the price by 2-10 (depending on how many features and brand and whatnot).

The more expensive the TWS is, the higher is the number you divide by because TWS are always consumer grade earphone. The most expensive TWS barely scratch the entry level.

So for example an 100$ TWS would be roughly an 25$ wired earphone but an 300$ TWS would be an 30-50$ wired earphone because you don't pay for an increase in sound quality but an increase of features and so on.

So if you own an mid range wired earphone, no TWS that exists will be even close to that. But you can just turn your earphone into an TWS which is not recommended as you said, your use case scenario is heavy.

So it all depends on how many features you want/need. How much battery life do you need? Do you need ANC? Do you want to get the best sound quality for the money? and so on.

So what is important to you?
The battery life of about 6 hours can be a good choice, the case is over 20 hours. For me, features like noise canceling don't matter, I can only listen when I need it. I need it while sleeping or watching videos, other than that, I think I will use it very little. I listen to music for maybe 1-2 hours, even if the times are short, I am a little picky about the sound. I am not a careful user and I can use it in scenarios such as rain and I don't care about the device. I listen to standard lossless music with my iems. In other words, the usage scenario of tws is my search for a model that can replace my entry-level wired models. I tried the converters you mentioned and did not like it. I don't want a huge converter in my ear. I knew I paid for the feature instead of sound, but I didn't know that the difference was that much.

i don't need noise canceling,
must be ldac,
ease of use could be good
sound is more important

By the way, your thoughts on ci fi caught my attention. Up to the $200 band, most european brands cannot compete with ci fi. still, if I was going to order something high-end, this ci fi would not be, in dacs, I had serious problems with ci fi products other than certain brands. that's why I try not to enter ci fi when choosing an amp, except for brands such as ibasso or shanling. I love ci fi models, certain brands have good products on the market. I tried nearly 40 models just this year.

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #54,894 of 63,208
The battery life of about 6 hours can be a good choice, the case is over 20 hours. For me, features like noise canceling don't matter, I can only listen when I need it. I need it while sleeping or watching videos, other than that, I think I will use it very little. I listen to music for maybe 1-2 hours, even if the times are short, I am a little picky about the sound. I am not a careful user and I can use it in scenarios such as rain and I don't care about the device. I listen to standard lossless music with my iems. In other words, the usage scenario of tws is my search for a model that can replace my entry-level wired models. I tried the converters you mentioned and did not like it. I don't want a huge converter in my ear. I knew I paid for the feature instead of sound, but I didn't know that the difference was that much.

must be ldac,
sound is more important

By the way, your thoughts on ci fi caught my attention. Up to the $200 band, most european brands cannot compete with ci fi. still, if I was going to order something high-end, this ci fi would not be, in dacs, I had serious problems with ci fi products other than certain brands. that's why I try not to enter ci fi when choosing an amp, except for brands such as ibasso or shanling. I love ci fi models, certain brands have good products on the market. I tried nearly 40 models just this year.
There are not a lot brands in europe, that is true. And the ones that exist, are often very expensive. The best brand (imho) that comes from europe is Vision Ears but yes, not cheap.

Must have LDAC and sound is important (which goes together), uff thats though. Most TWS don't have LDAC so that is already a tough call. For that price... i hate to say that but you might not be able to find something that satisfies you.

Except for LDAC (that doesn't make a big difference with TWS, trust me, and im a big fan of LDAC) the Final ZE3000 might be the perfect for you, but they are a bit more expensive.

They don't have ANC or any other fancy features, but above average sound quality for their price

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #54,895 of 63,208
Yousonofabich why'd you have to use that word. Vivid.

Now I'm pretty certain i want to purchase these once available overseas

Aug 4, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #54,896 of 63,208
Just received the Denon PerL Pro today. Did the exact configuration in settings and personalized them with the Coreir eartips. 1st impressions, they sound almost identical to the Nuratrue Pro. The PerL Pro sound more vivid, which I actually think is better.
I spied them for the first time in the GB site's Denon store, so snapped them up yesterday. They're arriving any minute, so looking at sub-24 hours from the Netherlands to Ireland on free delivery. Impressive.
Hope the Denon customer service experience is a bit better than Nura!

Aug 4, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #54,897 of 63,208
Hope the Denon customer service experience is a bit better than Nura!
I see negative Nura customer service sentiment all over the internet. It's not that I don't believe it. But their CS was one of the things i liked most about them. Very easy to talk to and pretty much offered any solution I wanter (other than a Denon replacement for the Nura).

Aug 4, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #54,898 of 63,208
Hey welcome to the tws thread, I see you found your way here from Discovery. Great to have you.

must be ldac,
sound is more important
After considering these factors AND without personally hearing either "but reading lots about them" I think the Oppo Enco X2 or the Huawei Freebies Pro 2 are the ones for you (whatever is cheaper)

I agree you should take LDAC off the list of requirements. Put it this way. Every chi fi has better than LDAC as they are direct to source. And plenty still sound horrid.

I recommended the Fiil on discovery but having now I see your needs more they seem more fun and bass focused than audio file focused. Same goes for Bowie. Orbit is above your price range and weird reviews on that one.

I find stems better for in bed tbh which I was not expecting but somehow they are just better. Also better in the dark. So yea.

Huawei or Oppo (one is half the price of the other, both average battery just without ANC turned on it will fit your needs easily) both are tuned similarly and sound pretty close to each other.

Aug 4, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #54,899 of 63,208
I see negative Nura customer service sentiment all over the internet. It's not that I don't believe it. But their CS was one of the things i liked most about them. Very easy to talk to and pretty much offered any solution I wanter (other than a Denon replacement for the Nura).
Oh, don't get me wrong, they were great as people once you got hold of them, and I always got a solution eventually, but I think they got a bit overwhelmed with the Kickstarter campaign. Maybe a bigger team/more resources with Denon will help!

Aug 4, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #54,900 of 63,208
Oh, don't get me wrong, they were great as people once you got hold of them, and I always got a solution eventually, but I think they got a bit overwhelmed with the Kickstarter campaign. Maybe a bigger team/more resources with Denon will help!
Oh yea Kickstarter looked like a mess. I got the Nura from a retailer and instantly loved the in app troubleshooting instructions. So clean so nice. But didn't solve a problem, Nura team tried their hardest once I got to them tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back