Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 6, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #54,046 of 62,213
Nobles really good. I only got the Fokus Pro recently. I don't see why you would need to upgrade from sound for this but I do understand why it wouldn't be anyone's last purchase.

I will say I sold everything else I had after I got these. However, the soundstage isn't the biggest of any soundstage I've heard. A few other buds would beat it, easily the Denon PerL Pro, but that beats everything. You could tune the PerL to be more neutral but the fun is in its thump imo.

Most neutral one I've heard is the good old Nuarl N6 Pro. Single driver, but pretty nice.

The Final ZE3000 has a similar sound signature. Very pleasing to people chasing that neutrality. Final has a cheaper version the ZE2000 out or coming out too which could be of interest.

Oh yea and the technics might be right for you too.

However, whatever you get, probably look for an in app EQ, it's your best bet of getting the sound you want.
with EQ you can change tone warm to bright or neutral? or just factory tuned warm sounding tws and will be warm?

Jul 6, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #54,047 of 62,213
with EQ you can change tone warm to bright or neutral? or just factory tuned warm sounding tws and will be warm?
Don't take this as pure fact - but in my experience you can absolutely EQ most earbuds to sound bright or neutral if they're originally tuned to be warm - BUT I also think that it can occasionally be like trying to make a horse into a zebra by painting it black and white.

Weird comparison I guess, but what I'm saying is that some earbuds are tuned to be neutral and sound really great around that type of sound, but taking a warm earbud that might be technically more advanced and EQ-ing it to a point where the frequency response should be the same as that neutral earbud... it might just sound completely dull and lifeless in my experience. So an earbud will sound at it's own individual best around that sound that they're originally tuned for, but can still take to EQ really well and be adaptable.
The Mystiques can be EQ'd quite a bit though in my experience and still sound pretty damn good.

But some people might disagree with me I guess, I'm definitely not the audiophiliest of the audiophiles here, I'll openly admit that.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #54,050 of 62,213
Anyone who tried Shure wireless? The 420s were the very first in-ears I used to go to school with, go running with etc.
I'd appreciate if anyone has tried and could say how those versions perform in comparison to their counterparts.
I have the Shure TW2 adapters. They came with the SE215 Special Edition/ extra bass. They work very well and the sound is better than some TWS but they really sing with other IEMs as the adapters are very comfortable and the app is well done and fully baked with great eq and ambient mode.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #54,051 of 62,213
I have the Shure TW2 adapters. They came with the SE215 Special Edition/ extra bass. They work very and the sound is better than some TWS but they really sing with other IEMs as the adapters are very comfortable and the app is well done and fully baked with great eq and ambient mode.
I agree totally. I use them with my IE200s ( I modified the adapters for compatibility) and they are rock solid. Using them with my iphone is good, but it would be nice if they expanded the codecs some.

Jul 6, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #54,052 of 62,213
Don't take this as pure fact - but in my experience you can absolutely EQ most earbuds to sound bright or neutral if they're originally tuned to be warm - BUT I also think that it can occasionally be like trying to make a horse into a zebra by painting it black and white.

Weird comparison I guess, but what I'm saying is that some earbuds are tuned to be neutral and sound really great around that type of sound, but taking a warm earbud that might be technically more advanced and EQ-ing it to a point where the frequency response should be the same as that neutral earbud... it might just sound completely dull and lifeless in my experience. So an earbud will sound at it's own individual best around that sound that they're originally tuned for, but can still take to EQ really well and be adaptable.
The Mystiques can be EQ'd quite a bit though in

But some people might disagree with me I guess, I'm definitely not the audiophiliest of the audiophiles here, I'll openly admit that.
for sound quality pressed button 'buy it now' for noble focus mystique today

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #54,053 of 62,213
for sound quality pressed button buy it now noble focus mystique today
Mystique is a great set, hopefully you will love them. As cons, there is no ANC, only has a basic app, and annoyingly the IEMs come out of the case with transparency turned on and you need to go to the app to turn transparency off. But in return the sound quality is pretty amazing!

Jul 6, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #54,054 of 62,213
Anyone have any recommendations for good eartips to use with the Nuratrue Pro's? Been using the foams since day one and I honestly don't like foam tips if there's a good option, but every silicon tip that I've tried so far from other earbuds etc has made the sound and fit feel like absolute crap.
Spinfits 360's worked best for me

I normally use the Nuarl Block+ eartips on just about everything but couldn't get good sound or fit with them on the NTP.

Tried a bunch of everything else but spinfits worked best end of day.

Jul 6, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #54,055 of 62,213
Mystique is a great set, hopefully you will love them. As cons, there is no ANC, only has a basic app, and annoyingly the IEMs come out of the case with transparency turned on and you need to go to the app to turn transparency off. But in return the sound quality is pretty amazing!
for anc i have bose QCE II. will compare them for SQ, what can say qce ii is amazing big soundstage.

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #54,056 of 62,213
I wish Shure would just sell a damn 2 pin version of those, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #54,057 of 62,213
If you tap and hold the left earbud for 3 seconds you can cycle the transparency on and off.

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #54,058 of 62,213
If you tap and hold the left earbud for 3 seconds you can cycle the transparency on and off.

It's actually like 6 seconds. It's a cumbersome interface for a basic feature

Also mine don't start with transparency mode on though. Whatever it was on when I put them away

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #54,059 of 62,213
Jul 6, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #54,060 of 62,213
I wish Shure would just sell a damn 2 pin version of those, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
I think an adapter like this will work just fine.

Attachments

• 7D2DF871-F7F7-4BD1-84D5-5EBD0A8094E6.jpeg
    7D2DF871-F7F7-4BD1-84D5-5EBD0A8094E6.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back