Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 5, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #54,001 of 62,380
I think the Bose QCII's sounds great for what they are, honestly.
I know there are plenty of people here who would say otherwise but I think they're just a hair below the top dogs that I've hear, and I have the Fokus Mystiques, Final Audio ZE8000, Nuratrue Pro, Status Between 3ANC etc etc, but have way better ANC and great transparency mode. (I also think the Bose's sounds better than some of the aforementioned earbuds but... I'll leave which ones unsaid)

The bass to me is not extreme and definitely not muddy but rather bouncy and has decent sub bass extension, and the treble is the opposite of harsh. In my experience it was actually hard to make them harsh even if I tried. I can go from the 3ANC straight to the Bose and not feel like sound is worse, just... different. Some parts of the Frequency curve actually sound better to me on the Bose. But with a caveat: This is me using an android phone and EQ:ing with Wavelet and/or Poweramp EQ, so if you're on an iPhone the EQ options are obviously more limited.

I'm not going to say that they're the BEST for sound, but to me they're a far cry from the Bose I remember pre-TWS-era where I bought a set of wired earbuds and ended up being like completely confounded over how they sounded, and how BAD they sounded.

Also, to everybody else: What happened to the update Bose promised where the QC2's would get AptX support?

Having never heard or purchased the Bose, Sony or other big brands, when I was recommending tws to a coworker the other day, I ended up telling him to get the Bose. Just a safe bet, and I imagine the sound is pretty good by most peoples standards.

Jul 5, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #54,004 of 62,380
Returned the Hifiman Svanar. Really wanted to like them but the stability issues kept persisting
Hi there, is the stability issues occurring in LDAC mode?
Due to the complexity of the electromagnetic environment, the default LDAC high-resolution Bluetooth connection format may freeze or disconnect due to insufficient bandwidth. If this occurs, you can enter Settings on your device and manually set the Bluetooth LDAC bandwidth to Balanced (660kbps) then it will be improved.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 5, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #54,005 of 62,380
They have a claimed 6-hour battery at 50% Vol with AAC and I find that is about right be it AAC/SBC or a touch longer if no Bluetooth just ANC.
Yeah, I think you're right that the 4,5hr or less with AptX sounds reasonable, but I don't really care as long as I can still choose between AptX and AAC after the update anyway. :)

Jul 5, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #54,006 of 62,380
Anyone else also find that different phones and phone brands just make your earbuds sound so different even with the same codecs available and so on? Makes it hard to say if an earbud even sounds good until you've tried it with several different sources...

I'm listening to my Nuratrue Pro's now on my Razr+ (or Razr 40 Ultra if you're not american) and they sound better than they ever have before, and I've tested them on like 4-5 different phones before and was never that impressed until now.
The same goes for some of my other earbuds as well, I've had phones where some earbuds that shouldn't sound better than top-shelf hardware absolutely sounded better while I was left unmoved by the more high-end option.

This is without any sort of dolby atmos or OS-level EQ toggled on by default as well FWIW.

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #54,008 of 62,380
Anyone else also find that different phones and phone brands just make your earbuds sound so different even with the same codecs available and so on? Makes it hard to say if an earbud even sounds good until you've tried it with several different sources...

I'm listening to my Nuratrue Pro's now on my Razr+ (or Razr 40 Ultra if you're not american) and they sound better than they ever have before, and I've tested them on like 4-5 different phones before and was never that impressed until now.
The same goes for some of my other earbuds as well, I've had phones where some earbuds that shouldn't sound better than top-shelf hardware absolutely sounded better while I was left unmoved by the more high-end option.

This is without any sort of dolby atmos or OS-level EQ toggled on by default as well FWIW.
I found this too when I went from Samsung 20+ to Motorola Edge 30 Ultra, but put this down to AptX Adaptive being in use rather than AptX. In your case, it could even be the fact that I'm pretty sure that Moto Razr device supports AptX Lossless! Do you get 16/44 showing up in the Nura app?

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #54,009 of 62,380
Nope but I think there is a more than a few here who smoke crack! :p
Hahahahaha!

I'm not having a dig at you, so please don't think I am, but I always have a laugh at your responses when catching up and reading through the new comments;

If anything, your attitude in responses represents someone who may be coming down off the crack, all grumpy and stuff. 😜 Just having a giggle don't get grumpy at me please!

Got the Baseus M2s which, according to the manufacturer, offer up to -48dB ANC and BISA spatial audio as their main selling points for ~$50. Since the Baseus E9 and Storm 3, that I bought last year, have both been solid performers, I had pretty high expectations for the M2s.

S8bc8f9a5af9341b5a59d3ec2919bf674w.jpg

ANC really is *the* strong point with these and the best out of all budget TWS I've tried so far. There are useful profiles for commuting or wind-noise cancelling when you're outside, and they all work surprisingly well. However, the ANC profiles need to be switched manually, since there's no automatic mode.

As for sound signature and quality, these are veritable bass cannons, and the amount of bass they're able to pump out in a fairly well controlled manner is impressive. Of course there are some EQ settings in the app that make them a bit more neutral, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd say these are meant to be fun phones and if I wanted more accurate sound, I'd rather opt for something else.

Now for the underwhelming part: their other selling point, namely BISA spatial audio, is meant to function like Dirac Virtuo, but isn't half as effective to my ears. What's more, enabling BISA disables all EQ settings, whereas I can combine Dirac Virtuo with any EQ I want. All in all, BISA is hardly more than a gimmick imo.

Bottom line, these are a bit half-baked overall, but may still be a good choice for bassheads who're looking for a cheap TWS with strong ANC.

I'm impressed with your take on these. I've always been a fan of Baseus other accessory products in the sense that they are competitively affordable and reliable. It comes to no surprise that these tws deliver something half adequate for the price they're going for.

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #54,011 of 62,380
Why is there generally so little talk of wind noise reduction ability? Do people not wear their TWS outside? :) I do quite a lot of walking while listening to either podcasts or music and find bad wind handling (that goes for both my APP2 and MTW2) an irritant. So going forward (literally) for me this is an important feature. I think (?) XM4 has a very efficient wind reduction mode so will be waiting for the XM5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back