Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 26, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #53,806 of 62,437
16878315985877828051511311661008.jpg

Jun 27, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #53,807 of 62,437
My PO. If you prefer sound quality only, then Svanar edges out the PerL Pro (Nuratrue Pro) by a bit.
The Nuratrue Pro, don't have the Denon PerL Pro but users are saying it is just a rebranding, is the better package overall
-Better connection stability
-Better ANC and PNC
-Better comfort in ears and pocket
-App
-Aptx Lossless is a plus over LDAC if you have access to it
Both reach very loud volumes but Nura win by maybe 1 or 2 volumes up
No complaints on the Nuratrue from me but Svanar has a few
Thank you, all of your information is incredibly helpful. How does the subbass of the NTP compare to the Svanar? Is it really that unique or mostly a difference in quantity? Like I mentioned in my Noble comparison I’m a big fan of physicality/attack

Jun 27, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #53,808 of 62,437
Fol
Thank you, all of your information is incredibly helpful. How does the subbass of the NTP compare to the Svanar? Is it really that unique or mostly a difference in quantity? Like I mentioned in my Noble comparison I’m a big fan of physicality/attack

Having not heard the Svanar I can't give you a comparison but the NTP Denon bass and subbass is presented differently from anything I've heard. It's not just a better version of a regular bass. But completely different and better imo

Jun 27, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #53,809 of 62,437
What kind of sci-fi crap were the Hifiman lads watching when they created the case for the Svanar? I ****ing love it and I hate it almost equally.
They were like "What's the least pocketable shape that we could use for the charging case?" and did a ****ing asymmetrical... I don't even know how many sides it has. :D

Jun 27, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #53,810 of 62,437
After a night and this morning with the Denon PerL Pro(AKA NTP), I am pleased to say that I have had zero connectivity hitches. The sound is as I remembered. I saw someone mention the volume, and it is important to click the high gain button if you want an extra 6db. The sound is excellent. It is the sub bass quantity that most folks discuss, but I have a couple of test tracks I use and the quality of the bass is all there as well. I wouldn't mind a bit more bass north in the frequency, but there is always the immersion setting and eq. It doesn't hurt to bump up the treble ranges a touch on the eq. It is clearly easy to allow your focus to be on sub bass, but the quality is there.

@erockg, I know it is not your your fave genre but play the song Trip Trap by Marcus Miller, and in all of that delicious rumble you can hear the bass finger work.

Sorry, I can't chime in on Svanar. I don't buy HifIMan gear. I am sure they have excellent sound quality.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #53,811 of 62,437
You are missing out on the mystique. They sound phenomenal. No issues here. The fit is also excellent.
I'm torn as I type this. I've had the Mystique for over a month now, until recently my only tws bud. When the fit is right they sound fantastic, but I'm really struggling to get a good fit. The buds are constantly working their way out of my ears, not falling on the pavement working out, but enough to pretty much cancel the bass. I've tried the tips the Mystiques ship with, as well as Spinfits and Azla, not much difference. I use mine mostly at the gym and seem to be re-inserting them with some frequency. I couldn't run with mine, although something like a bike or elliptical machine are okay, but just okay.

Here's why I'm torn. I recently started a water workout routine (aqua running if you care), my head never under water, and wanted some buds that were water resistant. On a whim, after reading a number of reviews, I bought a set of EarFun Free, about $40 as I recall. To my surprise they not only stay firmly sealed in my ears they also sound pretty darn good. Dare I say, almost as good as the Mystiques. (And, they really stay firmly sealed. I could easily run with these, and they work great in the pool.)

Some caveats. I use an iPhone 13 and stream all my music with Tidal, so my source and codec aren't nearly to the highest standard. I also listen to mainstream rock and blues type things, "classic" most would say, so the recording quality is definitely not audiophile level. I would like to think that if I had a much better source the Mystiques would way outperform the cheap EarFuns, but with what I use, how I listen, the difference isn't that great. These buds are definitely in the "fun" category. You won't hear micro details, stage width and depth, other stuff a critical listener might want aren't the best, but for just relaxing, easy, fun listening, they're great.

I kinda hate to say this out loud, but I'm seriously considering selling my Mystiques. As I said, when the fit is right, they are exceptional, but at least for me getting the perfect fit, consistently and for long periods of time remains elusive. That a $40 tws works better for me is both unexpected and disappointing.

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #53,812 of 62,437
I'm torn as I type this. I've had the Mystique for over a month now, until recently my only tws bud. When the fit is right they sound fantastic, but I'm really struggling to get a good fit. The buds are constantly working their way out of my ears, not falling on the pavement working out, but enough to pretty much cancel the bass. I've tried the tips the Mystiques ship with, as well as Spinfits and Azla, not much difference. I use mine mostly at the gym and seem to be re-inserting them with some frequency. I couldn't run with mine, although something like a bike or elliptical machine are okay, but just okay.

Here's why I'm torn. I recently started a water workout routine (aqua running if you care), my head never under water, and wanted some buds that were water resistant. On a whim, after reading a number of reviews, I bought a set of EarFun Free, about $40 as I recall. To my surprise they not only stay firmly sealed in my ears they also sound pretty darn good. Dare I say, almost as good as the Mystiques. (And, they really stay firmly sealed. I could easily run with these, and they work great in the pool.)

Some caveats. I use an iPhone 13 and stream all my music with Tidal, so my source and codec aren't nearly to the highest standard. I also listen to mainstream rock and blues type things, "classic" most would say, so the recording quality is definitely not audiophile level. I would like to think that if I had a much better source the Mystiques would way outperform the cheap EarFuns, but with what I use, how I listen, the difference isn't that great. These buds are definitely in the "fun" category. You won't hear micro details, stage width and depth, other stuff a critical listener might want aren't the best, but for just relaxing, easy, fun listening, they're great.

I kinda hate to say this out loud, but I'm seriously considering selling my Mystiques. As I said, when the fit is right, they are exceptional, but at least for me getting the perfect fit, consistently and for long periods of time remains elusive. That a $40 tws works better for me is both unexpected and disappointing.
Noble needs to improve the fit of the tws models. All of them suffer from this. I’ve sold all of mine for this reason. They work their way out with any movement at all because the nozzles are so damn large. It’s a shame. Great product being let down by mediocre ergonomics. HFM nailed this with the svanar.

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #53,813 of 62,437
Noble needs to improve the fit of the tws models. All of them suffer from this. I’ve sold all of mine for this reason. They work their way out with any movement at all because the nozzles are so damn large. It’s a shame. Great product being let down by mediocre ergonomics. HFM nailed this with the svanar.
For me Fokus Pro fit was great, better than Az60, MTW3, NTP and some other

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #53,814 of 62,437
My PO. If you prefer sound quality only, then Svanar edges out the PerL Pro (Nuratrue Pro) by a bit.
The Nuratrue Pro, don't have the Denon PerL Pro but users are saying it is just a rebranding, is the better package overall
-Better connection stability
-Better ANC and PNC
-Better comfort in ears and pocket
-App
-Aptx Lossless is a plus over LDAC if you have access to it
Both reach very loud volumes but Nura win by maybe 1 or 2 volumes up
No complaints on the Nuratrue from me but Svanar has a few
Seems like a reasonable assessment but what about the fit? The Nuras are pretty unstable in the ears. The fit wings do nothing either. They eventually slip out of the ear once you get moving. Am I the only one who found this?

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #53,815 of 62,437
After a night and this morning with the Denon PerL Pro(AKA NTP), I am pleased to say that I have had zero connectivity hitches. The sound is as I remembered. I saw someone mention the volume, and it is important to click the high gain button if you want an extra 6db. The sound is excellent. It is the sub bass quantity that most folks discuss, but I have a couple of test tracks I use and the quality of the bass is all there as well. I wouldn't mind a bit more bass north in the frequency there is always the immersion setting and eq. It doesn't hurt to bump up the and treble ranges a touch on the eq. It is clearly easy to allow your focus to be on sub bass, but the quality is there.

@erockg, I know it is not your your fave genre but play the song Trip Trap by Marcus Miller, and in all of that delicious rumble you can hear the bass finger work.

Sorry, I can't chime in on Svanar. I don't buy HifIMan gear. I am sure they have excellent sound quality.
Nice. Listening now. Love it. I'll def go through his stuff. Can't believe I've never listened to MM. Reminds me of some old Stanley Clark stuff (Live at the Greek et al). Whoever is good for Miles, is good for me.

Whole album is great but check out the Rival Sons tracks "Bird in the Hand" and "Rapture." Chills for me this morning with the Denon.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #53,816 of 62,437
The sub bass on both is excellent but will give the Nuratrue in a different league. Can hear vocals and small details great without any overshadowing but the Nura Bass can sound like a speaker system in your ears
Seems like a reasonable assessment but what about the fit? The Nuras are pretty unstable in the ears. The fit wings do nothing either. They eventually slip out of the ear once you get moving. Am I the only one who found this?
Not every ear is the same. Maybe try out different eartips. I have the Coreir Brass on it and the fit is tight as close to my 👂 but not where it is going to press on it. The fit is very secured specifically considering the Coreir eartips are longer than most

Attachments

• 16878802027438826736678191974434.jpg
    16878802027438826736678191974434.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 27, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #53,817 of 62,437
I put on a pair of large Spinfits and left the stock (pre-installed) wings on. I'm getting a great seal and stable fit, but I do have to admit, after a few hours at work I felt some pain from the wings as always. Blah. I'll have to learn to take breaks. But last night I watched two shows with my Xreal glasses while the team was asleep and had zero pain. :skull: OH, duh, I bet it's because of the Spinfits. At work, I had stock and Final TWS tips on the Denon. Maybe the Spinfits are my winner... we shall see.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #53,818 of 62,437
Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #53,819 of 62,437
After a night and this morning with the Denon PerL Pro(AKA NTP), I am pleased to say that I have had zero connectivity hitches. The sound is as I remembered. I saw someone mention the volume, and it is important to click the high gain button if you want an extra 6db. The sound is excellent. It is the sub bass quantity that most folks discuss, but I have a couple of test tracks I use and the quality of the bass is all there as well. I wouldn't mind a bit more bass north in the frequency there is always the immersion setting and eq. It doesn't hurt to bump up the and treble ranges a touch on the eq. It is clearly easy to allow your focus to be on sub bass, but the quality is there.

I'm with you.. IDK why, but their gear just leaves me cold. It's why I bough Audeze's LCD 2C's (last December) and am looking at LCD 4's (next Xmas). These HIFIMan TWS do look interesting, and they might be trying to push sound quality further, but compressed Bluetooth still has bandwidth limitations. Thanks to those taking the risk and trying them.:beerchug:

Jun 27, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #53,820 of 62,437
I put on a pair of large Spinfits and left the stock (pre-installed) wings on. I'm getting a great seal and stable fit, but I do have to admit, after a few hours at work I felt some pain from the wings as always. Blah. I'll have to learn to take breaks. But last night I watched two shows with my Xreal glasses while the team was asleep and had zero pain. :skull: OH, duh, I bet it's because of the Spinfits. At work, I had stock and Final TWS tips on the Denon. Maybe the Spinfits are my winner... we shall see.
When I used them, the fit wings didn't even touch my ear - at all. Like they just hang there with no contact. Not sure what the deal was. I think you need to order a Pixel Fold to see what all this Aptx Lossless stuff is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back