Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 26, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #53,792 of 62,435
For anyone curious about Noble Fokus Pro vs Mystique, I found the Mystique to have a much improved soundstage, although still limited to left and right as opposed to 360. Imaging and separation moderately improved. Fit was decent but not perfect for me. Charging case has small but effective improvements.

The one aspect that seemed to downgrade was physicality, that oomph in all ranges of bass and some edge in instruments. Basically it sounds like Noble traded some of the visceral feel in favor of a wider, lusher sound. Since I love physicality I missed the Fokus Pro a bit, though it is impressive what Noble managed to squeeze out of the same driver setup.

Jun 26, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #53,793 of 62,435
Got the Denon PerL Pro. Yes, unless I'm missing it, these are just a rebranded Nuratrue Pro. Do I like them, YES. I missed my NTP. Going to give these a shot again. No need to re-post thoughts yet. Tuning process etc., all the same. I do like the branding better. Even though Denon isn't the brand we grew up with, the nostalgia branding is cool. Here are a few photos comparing size to the AZ80 and 3ANC.
Mine are supposed to arrive today. Any connection issues?

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #53,795 of 62,435
Well, my speculation would be that HFM have done this out of necessity rather than following a deliberate decision. ANC software at it's core is very likely provided by the chip manufacturer, whereas TWS makers can only configure the user interface. Bear in mind how similar all these apps from different TWS brands look. Hence my guess is that the software is highly integrated with the respective chip and simply doesn't support HFM's proprietary hardware with a separate DAC.
Yeah possibly but even if true it may have been a nice side benefit. You can tell all the magic went into HFM immediately because the volume drops about 30 percent in ANC mode. It really is like two different headsets depending on the mode.

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #53,796 of 62,435
BTW, Bose QCII are the best buds for flying IMO. I went back and forth between my stable and they just crushed the others, APP2, AZ80, 3ANC. Even liked them better than my APM at times. Mostly because my Xreal glasses prevented a great seal with the cans.
Yeah if you told me I could only have 1 TWS to live with forever I’d pick the Bose. For me it’s the best overall combination of features and sound.

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #53,797 of 62,435
That's basically a good thing as almost all of my TWS sound quality is impacted rather badly by their ANC...
But I would probably bet that with more or less 4h battery playing time with Hifi mode, it should lead to a ridiculous available playing time with ANC on, too (less than 3 hours ?).
It wouldn’t surprise me if ANC mode is longer than HFM.

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #53,798 of 62,435
It wouldn’t surprise me if ANC mode is longer than HFM.
No was imagining in Hifi mode + ANC would become more or less 3+ hours
I hope standard AAC audio mode + ANC should reach 6 hours...

Jun 26, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #53,800 of 62,435
Nothing yet. Sadly, I'm back in the office today after my NYC trip. I'll test them outdoors etc. at lunch for sure and report back.

Jun 26, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #53,801 of 62,435
Can anyone recommend me a good bluetooth dac+amp cable for the 2pin iems?

Jun 26, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #53,802 of 62,435
Nothing yet. Sadly, I'm back in the office today after my NYC trip. I'll test them outdoors etc. at lunch for sure and report back.
No issues here. I hate to admit it, I think they sound so much better than the AZ80 after tuning them. Sub-bass alone is just incredible, as it was with the Nuratrue pro version.

Jun 26, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #53,803 of 62,435
The eagle landed...I am pleased to say I have zero connectivity issues thus far. Ah, so nice to have such an excellent sound. I do love the sound quality of these.

Jun 26, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #53,804 of 62,435
So I’m really down to either Denon PerL Pro or Svanar Wireless. Leaning towards PerL to experience the magical bass everyone seems to agree on, plus a more practical design and saving a few bones while I’m at it. Maybe get the Svanar on sale in the future :thinking:

Jun 26, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #53,805 of 62,435
So I’m really down to either Denon PerL Pro or Svanar Wireless. Leaning towards PerL to experience the magical bass everyone seems to agree on, plus a more practical design and saving a few bones while I’m at it. Maybe get the Svanar on sale in the future :thinking:
My PO. If you prefer sound quality only, then Svanar edges out the PerL Pro (Nuratrue Pro) by a bit.
The Nuratrue Pro, don't have the Denon PerL Pro but users are saying it is just a rebranding, is the better package overall
-Better connection stability
-Better ANC and PNC
-Better comfort in ears and pocket
-App
-Aptx Lossless is a plus over LDAC if you have access to it
Both reach very loud volumes but Nura win by maybe 1 or 2 volumes up
No complaints on the Nuratrue from me but Svanar has a few

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back