Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 16, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #53,551 of 62,437
all this talk about multi BA / hybrid set ups made me recall THIS monster :D

Charging it up as we speak and see how it still compares now :)

KZ are really trying out everything in multi BA setups ... (this is IEM, not TWS: )

The e10 is much better than their other tws, the only problem are you have to remove one side to call and the qc suck

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #53,552 of 62,437
Thanks for asking for clarification, I didn't frame the question well, will try again: I just ordered FiiTii HiFiDots which support AptX Lossless codec. I don't think my DAP, phone or PC BT dongle can transmit using that codec. I know for a codec to be used both transmitting and receiving devices need to utilize it. So the question is what transmitting devices are available that can send a BT stream using AptX Lossless and allow me to get the most out of my TWS? Hope that's clearer now.
Currently some phones with snapdragon 8 gen 1+ soc and above will support Aptx lossless if they pay the fee. It will be a while before transmitters support that as they get outdated leftover snapdragon chips. Not due to their fault of course. Blame snapdragon for that one

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #53,553 of 62,437
The e10 is much better than their other tws, the only problem are you have to remove one side to call and the qc suck
i was also just reminded about their connectivity issues ... re-reading online complaints .. trying to figure out why I can't connect them .. then remembered that I have to remove the eartips first, otherwise they do not make proper contact with all connection pins in the box and are missing some connection commands ;... what a hassle .. but still nice sounding ... but I also dug up the SoundPeats H1 .. with those I am also getting a fantastic fit .. and they remain being awesome ...

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #53,554 of 62,437
all this talk about multi BA / hybrid set ups made me recall THIS monster :D

Charging it up as we speak and see how it still compares now :)

KZ are really trying out everything in multi BA setups ... (this is IEM, not TWS: )

There is a work in progress if it ever materializes. A Kickstarter project aiming to create 3 tws under the sonobo series. Sonobo one, pro and elite. The sonobo elite uses 18 BA divers

https://audioxpress.com/news/sonobo-startup-has-ideas-to-stand-out-in-crowded-true-wireless-market

Jun 16, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #53,555 of 62,437
There is a work in progress if it ever materializes. A Kickstarter project aiming to create 3 tws under the sonobo series. Sonobo one, pro and elite. The sonobo elite uses 18 BA divers

https://audioxpress.com/news/sonobo-startup-has-ideas-to-stand-out-in-crowded-true-wireless-market
Remember posting about that a year or so back. Have checked in sporadically to see it's progress. Checked today actually, must have been reminded by the same post as you above.

Looks like another failed Kickstarter that will never materialise. I was actually looking at all the articles online from the usual tech blogs all claiming "Sonobo RELEASES most advanced TWS yet".

I wonder how many people got suckered into that project from crappy reporting without any due diligence. I almost did but put my Kickstarter money into the Morph around the same time.

Jun 16, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #53,556 of 62,437
Nuarl Mini3 with BT5.2 aptX adaptive and ANC. 8 hours ANC off and 6 with ANC on. Three color choices black, silver, and a rose gold.
1686931958031.png

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #53,557 of 62,437
Soundcore Liberty 4 back at home !!! :beerchug:
The sound quality in LDAC mode is maybe a bit behind my new EAH-AZ80 and older Buds2 Pro, because there are some sibilance with high frequencies voices, but some parametric EQ with PowerampEQ (based on RTing AutoEQ) can fix this and everything becomes fully enjoyable..
I think those are actually my preferred TWS, though Technics EAH-AZ80 are more advanced, but AZ80 like Galaxy Buds2 pro are not comfortable enough for laying down with the head on the side while reading or sleeping...

I still have some hopes with Sony and their future tiny 1000XM5.:pray:

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #53,558 of 62,437
i was also just reminded about their connectivity issues ... re-reading online complaints .. trying to figure out why I can't connect them .. then remembered that I have to remove the eartips first, otherwise they do not make proper contact with all connection pins in the box and are missing some connection commands ;... what a hassle .. but still nice sounding ... but I also dug up the SoundPeats H1 .. with those I am also getting a fantastic fit .. and they remain being awesome ...
Yeah, and the one I had have the connection issue outdoor, but people said the mics were excellent unlike sony lol

Jun 16, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #53,559 of 62,437
Does anyone know if AZLA crystal tips will fit the Noble Fokus Mystique? The Mystiques have a huge barrell, ~6.9 mm and other tips I've tried just don't fit. I have some Spinfits that do fit (CP155) and really like the result, when they are fully inserted, but they work their way out of my ears every few minutes, so they don't work. Unfortunately since they do sound great. I'm hoping AZLA will sound as good and stay in my ears.

Jun 16, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #53,561 of 62,437
Jun 16, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #53,562 of 62,437
Jun 16, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #53,563 of 62,437
Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #53,564 of 62,437
My 1st impressions with the Hifidots. 1st of all that Aptx lossless magic gives it exceptional detail retrieval. The tuning is very vell balanced across all frequencies. Treble is neutral and clean at the same time. The bass is not punchy but more like clean dynamic bass. The BA drivers do an very good job at instrument separation. Soundstage is pretty good like the PI7. I recommend using other eartips. The stock ones made the sound a bit muffled. The case and ear uss feel premium in the hand and we'll designed. Can be a bit of a pain to remove the buds and putting them back on the case.

Jun 16, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #53,565 of 62,437
I watched a video on the new Fittii Dots and apparently if you push them toward the outside part of the case it unlocked them so they are easier to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back