Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 16, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #53,566 of 62,485
Following up on somethings I didn't mention. ANC is always on, no way to disable it. The ANC is one of the best ones I experienced aside from the XM4. There is a a bug well In my case, where the app won't automatically connect with the tws. Have to manually connect it. The touch controls are very sensitive.

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #53,567 of 62,485
Jun 16, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #53,568 of 62,485
Safe to say I’m not a big fan of the 3ANC and the AZ80 on a plane. I’ll try the AZ80 again on my flight back. My AirPods Max blew all the above away.

Jun 16, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #53,569 of 62,485
Nuarl Mini3 with BT5.2 aptX adaptive and ANC. 8 hours ANC off and 6 with ANC on. Three color choices black, silver, and a rose gold.
1686931958031.png
Wew! Been waiting for a proper Nuarl release. One of the brands I'll always want to try

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #53,570 of 62,485
The Nuarl Mini 3 is using a 6mm dynamic graphene driver. I'm not chomping at the bits to try a tws in 2023 with a 6mm driver so will probably wait for reviews. But dusted the old Mini 2se that i gave to my wife off and was reminded of those delicious mids coming out of their in-house 6mm carbon nanotube dynamic driver. If they can somehow keep those mids and give even more bass that would be great. I like the design too. But if it's just "hey now we have anc" I'd be thinking, "yea, so does everyone else".

No mention of HDSS tho.

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #53,571 of 62,485
Jun 17, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #53,572 of 62,485
Safe to say I’m not a big fan of the 3ANC and the AZ80 on a plane. I’ll try the AZ80 again on my flight back. My AirPods Max blew all the above away.
Without music neither were good, but with music I was okay. I have never heard AirPods, but compared to XM4 both were middle of the pack.

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #53,573 of 62,485
Popped in to check opinions on the Soundcore Liberty 4 and it seems they're a bust! After going through many TWS over the years I've settled on the EarFun AirPro 2 that can do pretty much everything decent SQ, decent ANC, comfy,. can even run with them with ANC off! I also have the more compact FreePro that isolate a bit better but are less comfortable.
Anyone else use them?
I suppose I'd he interested in a TWS with better ANC but it seems we've reached a plateau at this point.

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #53,574 of 62,485
Without music neither were good, but with music I was okay. I have never heard AirPods, but compared to XM4 both were middle of the pack.
I’d say the APP2 are really good. Hope the new Sonys beat them though. Almost just picked up the Bose QC2 to try on my return flight. Talked myself out of it… for now. My cans proved the best as you said.

The more I use the AZ80, the more I think they’re decent but better that I didn’t get charged for them yet. I’d rather use my 3ANC for music.

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #53,575 of 62,485
Lol. That’s not a fair fight. I used 30db earplugs with the Bathys on top. I had to crank the volume on Netflix all the way just to heard dialogue.
I’d say the APP2 are really good. Hope the new Sonys beat them though. Almost just picked up the Bose QC2 to try on my return flight. Talked myself out of it… for now. My cans proved the best as you said.

The more I use the AZ80, the more I think they’re decent but better that I didn’t get charged for them yet. I’d rather use my 3ANC for music.
AZ and Bose would be neck and neck in my view for an all arounder. AZ have a small edge in sq. Bose ANC is unreal so depending on use case, the Bose can often sound better because of reduced ambient sound. For example, in my home gym with a couple of fans I’d reach for Bose over the AZ.

Btw I’m in awe of the Svanar in hifimode.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #53,576 of 62,485
Lol. That’s not a fair fight. I used 30db earplugs with the Bathys on top. I had to crank the volume on Netflix all the way just to heard dialogue.

AZ and Bose would be neck and neck in my view for an all arounder. AZ have a small edge in sq. Bose ANC is unreal so depending on use case, the Bose can often sound better because of reduced ambient sound. For example, in my home gym with a couple of fans I’d reach for Bose over the AZ.

Btw I’m in awe of the Svanar in hifimode.
You take a job for Hifiman? I’m working my wife to agreed to go off the beaten path and hit Audio46. Looking good.

I get a work discount on Bose. 2 day shipping to the in-laws? Ugh.

I enjoyed the sound of the Bathys. It was my giant head and the mediocre ANC that had them grow wings.

Agreed. The AZ80 do have all the features and I have had zero bugs.

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #53,577 of 62,485
You take a job for Hifiman? I’m working my wife to agreed to go off the beaten path and hit Audio46. Looking good.

I enjoyed the sound of the Bathys. It was my giant head and the mediocre ANC that had them grow wings.

Fair assessment on the Focal. Not super comfortable for long periods of time. ANC isn’t the strongest l but that was intentional by Focal. If you haven’t tried the Bose yet, I think you would like them. Some complain about the high noise floor but it doesn’t bother me. Other thing of note is that battery life between the case and buds is insane. I can go weeks without charging anything.

I’m not sure what to say about the HFM. Maybe I’m just drinking the cool aid but I think I can probably get rid of the Focals now.

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #53,578 of 62,485

Goodbye Pana...err, Technics hello Sony. :) Unless they end up being free. Pansonic is odd. They position Technics as high end and have $1000 earphones but the Technics TWS are pretty much just Panny earphones they put Technics on them to make them look even better. Panny no longer makes a TWS above $100 anymore. They are nice but probably should be even better to have the "moniker" of the high end brand. The AZ80 should really be a Panny top model and Technics high number series 7, 8, 9 numbered Japan brand really should be a bit more special. SQ a step better and better ANC from the sound of it.

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #53,579 of 62,485
Goodbye Pana...err, Technics hello Sony. :) Unless they end up being free. Pansonic is odd. They position Technics as high end and have $1000 earphones but the Technics TWS are pretty much just Panny earphones they put Technics on them to make them look even better. Panny no longer makes a TWS above $100 anymore. They are nice but probably should be even better to have the "moniker" of the high end brand. The AZ80 should really be a Panny top model and Technics high number series 7, 8, 9 numbered Japan brand really should be a bit more special. SQ a step better and better ANC from the sound of it.
Do you have the AZ80? If you do, what TWS would you put them up against as being equivalent?

Jun 17, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #53,580 of 62,485

The AZ80 grow on me each day, even the sound, very full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back