Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 10, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #53,416 of 62,221
Jun 10, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #53,417 of 62,221
Was thinking of getting these but am good with my Fiio UTWS5 with Audeze Euclid
Me too. I like my UTWS5 with Z1R, but wondering if Go Pods would be even better.
Can’t wear my glasses with ear hooks so I’m still searching for a TWS with awesome soundstage and bass.
Pre ordered the Svanar wireless.
Based on the couple of reviews I could find, soundstage is large and bass quality seems good. I’m just hoping I can get a good enough fit with that heavily contoured inner part such that the bass is strong enough. At least it’s supposed to be able to fit any 3rd party ear tips in the case.
the Hifiman TWS800 can, so I don’t doubt this claim.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #53,418 of 62,221
This might be the most popular, but honestly most easiest choice I’ve made, the AirPods Pro 2 are genuinely incredible for that they offer.

I’ve tried a couple of buds before, including the Galaxy buds 2 pro, Soundcore liberty 4s, Sony WF-XM3s, and a couple of others. I think it’s safe to say that my TWS itch has subsided. There are a ton of reviews out there already that cover everything great about them, but for me the killer feature is Spatial Audio. Combined with the custom spatial audio scan it makes a Dolby Atmos mixes super accurate, that I can easily pinpoint to objects in the mix which lends to a very immersive experience and a greater sense of imaging. Even “upmixing” stereo content sounds genuinely impressive, essentially making them sound more closer to their bigger over the ear brother than a small pair of buds. The amount of air they can push in such a small enclosure is phenomenal.

IMG_1190.jpeg

Jun 10, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #53,420 of 62,221
Nuratrue for sure would wow you. Best soundstage and best bass by far. Pretty sure iPhone users aren't getting connection dropouts but lots on the apple store are reporting problems connecting to the app.

Maybe wait for the Denon release, might be some improvements. Hopefully they've left the sound as is.

Jun 10, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #53,421 of 62,221
Hey guys,

I got my FoKus Mystique on Friday and have been playing with them since. I’m having dropout issues and I’m only 10 feet away from my MacBook Air: no such issues with my ZE8000. Another problem I’m having is the left channel FM is not charging all the way. I am ensuring it is making contact with the pins in the case, but I’m getting about half the playing time as the right channel. Are these known issues with the FM? I’m frankly disappointed with my purchase since the ZE 8000 has no such problems connected with my MacBook.

I’ll comment on the sound performance later …

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #53,422 of 62,221
I'm a big sucker for 2BA drivers. Aviot TB-LTDPNK, Soundbeats Opera 5 and Noble Fokus Pro. Definitely trying these out since Aptx lossless is there
Wish I had lossless, no such luck with Samsung phones, hopefully that changes going forward, theres no reason it should be excluded. Either that or one of the newer Sony phones needs to have support for VZ midband and or UW 5G.
Edit: Apparently someone on Head-fi signed up under the name samsung so deleted mention.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #53,424 of 62,221
Wish I had UW 5g on my ROG 7
yeah that is a bummer. Those ROG Phones have always looked awesome, never played with one. I don't know that I'll get a new phone any time soon though, I got the 512 GB Z Fold4 for just under $600, so lucked out there.

Jun 10, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #53,425 of 62,221
Nuratrue Pro 😉

Nuratrue for sure would wow you. Best soundstage and best bass by far. Pretty sure iPhone users aren't getting connection dropouts but lots on the apple store are reporting problems connecting to the app.

Maybe wait for the Denon release, might be some improvements. Hopefully they've left the sound as is.
I have NTP 😃.
Totally agree with bass and soundstage!
yup, I have solid connection with my iPhone and the app works flawlessly so far.
The only downside is I can’t get them to fit comfortably 😢.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #53,426 of 62,221

I actually got the NTP based on your review I found on Reddit! Absolutely agree with you on the sound.

Jun 11, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #53,427 of 62,221
I actually got the NTP based on your review I found on Reddit! Absolutely agree with you on the sound.
Ayeeeee nice one. Bummer on the fit. I find the bass not just "better" as in a better dynamic driver presentation. But completely different to how any other brand has done it. Sounds like it's been done by some new tech or a different driver altogether. There are days where I like it better than a TOTL IEM

Jun 11, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #53,428 of 62,221
This might be the most popular, but honestly most easiest choice I’ve made, the AirPods Pro 2 are genuinely incredible for that they offer.

I’ve tried a couple of buds before, including the Galaxy buds 2 pro, Soundcore liberty 4s, Sony WF-XM3s, and a couple of others. I think it’s safe to say that my TWS itch has subsided. There are a ton of reviews out there already that cover everything great about them, but for me the killer feature is Spatial Audio. Combined with the custom spatial audio scan it makes a Dolby Atmos mixes super accurate, that I can easily pinpoint to objects in the mix which lends to a very immersive experience and a greater sense of imaging. Even “upmixing” stereo content sounds genuinely impressive, essentially making them sound more closer to their bigger over the ear brother than a small pair of buds. The amount of air they can push in such a small enclosure is phenomenal.

But its Apple! Like selling soul to the devil 🤣

Jun 11, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #53,429 of 62,221
I have NTP 😃.
Totally agree with bass and soundstage!
yup, I have solid connection with my iPhone and the app works flawlessly so far.
The only downside is I can’t get them to fit comfortably 😢.
no issues on my iPhone either. Weird. Like you, they didn’t fit well for me so off to eBay they went.

Jun 11, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #53,430 of 62,221
Hey guys,

I got my FoKus Mystique on Friday and have been playing with them since. I’m having dropout issues and I’m only 10 feet away from my MacBook Air: no such issues with my ZE8000. Another problem I’m having is the left channel FM is not charging all the way. I am ensuring it is making contact with the pins in the case, but I’m getting about half the playing time as the right channel. Are these known issues with the FM? I’m frankly disappointed with my purchase since the ZE 8000 has no such problems connected with my MacBook.

I’ll comment on the sound performance later …

Fixed the issue with the left channel not lasting as long as the right … I cleaned the pins in the case with an alcohol pad and pushed them in a few times. All good on that front.

My MacBook Air is a 12 year old model I bought when I went back to college. The FM has a compatibility issue with it, so I switched it over to my new iPhone, and it works as it should. Funny, the chipset that it uses is the same as the ZE8000, so you’d think there would be no issue. Anyway, the ZE8000 works great with the MacBook.

Some quick thoughts …

The build quality on the FM is much nicer than the ZE8000.

The resin shells are slippery, so I have to be careful when I insert them into my ears; the ZE8000 doesn’t have this issue since its physical design is easier to handle.

I like the FM case much better than the plasticky ZE8000 case.

The FM is bass heavy to my ears, to the point I have to eq it down several dB.

I’ll do a more exhaustive comparison once I get some burn time on the FM’s DD drivers. ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back