Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 6, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #53,266 of 62,437
Got Soundcore VR P10 on a whim back on March. At first listen, it sounds very bassy and muddy, not until around 20 hours that the bass kinda toned down. Now, it sounds pretty balanced with a fun sound signature. There are EQ in the app just like other Soundcore TWS and I am using the "Acoustic" preset. No ANC of any kind which not a big deal for me. The interesting feature is that I can connect this TWS to my PC using the dongle and also connect to my phone using bluetooth. If I am playing a game on my PC and there is a phone call on my phone, I can hear both the sound from my game and also my phone. It is pretty neat actually.

I bought this because of the dongle which uses LC3 connection making the latency of this TWS really low for a wireless. It is really exceeding my expectation on that front.
The nicest thing about this TWS is that there is almost no delay whatsoever when connecting to the dongle. If I put the buds inside the case and take it out again, it is connected to the dongle right away without any delay.

Jun 6, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #53,267 of 62,437
Can it beat aptX LL or FastStream for latency?

TBH some of my Soundpeats earbuds connect really fast esp. to my PC (Intel AX210), my hand is still just above the case after I removed the earbuds, and they are connected.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #53,268 of 62,437
Can it beat aptX LL or FastStream for latency?

TBH some of my Soundpeats earbuds connect really fast esp. to my PC (Intel AX210), my hand is still just above the case after I removed the earbuds, and they are connected.
I don't know about FastStream, but AptX LL doesn't hold a candle to LC3. A youtuber tested and compared the latency of VR P10 against wired IEM and the VR P10 got stable 30ms for game and 17ms for youtube. I also have UTWS5 that I paired to my PC using AptX adaptive and when I play dota2, I can still feel a slight delay when denying creeps. With the VR P10, it is as good as using wired IEM.

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #53,270 of 62,437
I'm not sure where to ask this question, so if I'm in the wrong forum please transfer me there.

I want to convert my wired headphone out (1/4 inch) to use my Bluetooth buds (Noble Mystiques). I run my computer (Mac) out to an Apogee Duet II, then use the headphone out on the Duet to listen to music. I'd like to add some sort of adaptor so instead of outputting the signal to a wired connection the output would connect to my Bluetooth iem's. Possible? If yes, recommendations and/or suggestions?

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #53,272 of 62,437
A bit of a tangent but I like how NTP personalization highlights the importance of optimal tips and placement.
I got two different profiles using the same tips 😄

Attachments

• IMG_0597.png
    IMG_0597.png
    555.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #53,273 of 62,437
A bit of a tangent but I like how NTP personalization highlights the importance of optimal tips and placement.
I got two different profiles using the same tips 😄

Attachments

• IMG_0596.png
    IMG_0596.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0596.png
    IMG_0596.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0597.png
    IMG_0597.png
    555.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #53,274 of 62,437
I'm not sure where to ask this question, so if I'm in the wrong forum please transfer me there.

I want to convert my wired headphone out (1/4 inch) to use my Bluetooth buds (Noble Mystiques). I run my computer (Mac) out to an Apogee Duet II, then use the headphone out on the Duet to listen to music. I'd like to add some sort of adaptor so instead of outputting the signal to a wired connection the output would connect to my Bluetooth iem's. Possible? If yes, recommendations and/or suggestions?

The thing you're looking for is a bluetooth transmitter:
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=9926003011

Most of the ones for headphone out are 3.5mm, so you'll need an adaptor for 1/4 inch.

But if you want best quality, you'd be better off with a bluetooth transmitter for USB, since headphone out -> BT involves dual digital to analog conversion.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bluetooth+transmitter+usb

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #53,275 of 62,437
They count on you to buy the new one every two years
Only every two years? These people don't Know their customers.

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #53,276 of 62,437
Only every two years? These people don't Know their customers.

Not like with wired which was a new line every fall, the JVC's, Sony, Panasonic, Senn, etc. It is more complex and with possible supply chain stuff, all of the needed components, licenses, testing, filings. Getting all the ducks in a row every year doesn't seem feasible for TWS even though they are the big brands. Or they just think 2 years is better and most consumers won't do something like TWS every year. We would but we are not the majority or the "general" consumers. :)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #53,278 of 62,437
Got the Technics AZ80 and here are my impressions:

- These are one of the most comfortable buds I have tried, no ear fatigue and super easy to take out of the case
- ANC is good, but Samsung buds 2 pro has better ANC
- Sound quality is very good, details are there and instrument separation is great, vocals are clear and these are fuller sounding than AZ60.
- These lack mid-bass and sub-bass is not enough. Sub bass is there but still less than buds2pro. AZ60 have much more mid-bass in comparison but not as much sub-bass. I have to use at minimum "Bass" preset for it to sound acceptable for bass frequencies.
- Using flat preset as bass preset alters the tonality of the sound and it's not the same.
- Case is slightly thicker but shorter in length as compared to AZ60
- Phone calls are great, thanks to the Just my voice(insert TM) and excellent Mic on these
- App and touch controls are best of the bunch as it was on AZ60

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #53,280 of 62,437
Got the Technics AZ80 and here are my impressions:

- These are one of the most comfortable buds I have tried, no ear fatigue and super easy to take out of the case
- ANC is good, but Samsung buds 2 pro has better ANC
- Sound quality is very good, details are there and instrument separation is great, vocals are clear and these are fuller sounding than AZ60.
- These lack mid-bass and sub-bass is not enough. Sub bass is there but still less than buds2pro. AZ60 have much more mid-bass in comparison but not as much sub-bass. I have to use at minimum "Bass" preset for it to sound acceptable for bass frequencies.
- Using flat preset as bass preset alters the tonality of the sound and it's not the same.
- Case is slightly thicker but shorter in length as compared to AZ60
- Phone calls are great, thanks to the Just my voice(insert TM) and excellent Mic on these
- App and touch controls are best of the bunch as it was on AZ60
I find the dynamic setting adds a lot of punch. It's too much with ANC off but with ANC on it's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back