Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 6, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #51,542 of 62,746
I know these have been brought up in this thread before but I just bought a pair of the 1More Comfobuds Mini, specifically for sleeping, and they are great for this intended purpose. As a TWS they are fine, but aside from being small, nothing really special, but as a "Sleeping" TWS, they are great. I tried the ADV. Sleeper TWS and they could have been great but could not get a consistent Bluetooth connection so I had to return. I've only had them for a few days, but served their purpose last night. ANC at the Mild setting worked to filter out the bear sleeping next to me. Now if they would just get rid of SoundID, not a fan at all! Just put in an EQ it's got to be cheaper than paying for licensing for SoundID. Aside from SoundID, my only other complaint is they should have made them a matte finish, the gloss finsih is so slippery for such a small headphone, especially when it's the middle of the night and you are hopefully half asleep.
I hardly ever use mine because of the SoundID and no EQ - it's a real shame as they are super tiny and comfortable.

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #51,543 of 62,746
I was looking for a new pair of TWS for out and about. Didn't want anything expensive. Picked up the SoundPEATS Free2 Classic and was pleasantly surprised by the sound. Nicely balanced, without the excessive bass that plagues many wireless headphones and earphones. They were good enough that I decided to try the SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds Mini Pro HS. I almost instantly returned them. The noise cancelling was bad, with minimal cancelling and the active circuit created a constant hissing. With NC off the sound was full but there was some peakiness in the upper mid range that I could just not sort with the EQ from the app. They just sounded forced.

So I kept the Free2 Classic. I think they are pretty good considering the price. Got some SpinFit tips for improved comfort which cost almost as much as the Free2 haha.

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #51,547 of 62,746
@Morbeas

Not sure how my phone screwed that up so bad about the aforementioned post. I was trying to say contact Sony and they will send you a new pair as it was a faulty update that screwed up the battery life on a lot of XM4s.
Thank you, appreciate the tip! Do I just contact Sony tech support and make myself a nuisance until they agree to replace mine? :wink:

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #51,548 of 62,746
I hardly ever use mine because of the SoundID and no EQ - it's a real shame as they are super tiny and comfortable.

I tried configuring SoundID three different times with three different songs and all three results were horrible. Happy to turn that feature off!

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #51,550 of 62,746
Wow that was super easy! Even after almost 15 months, they agreed to replace them without any hassle at all.
Thanks again for the tip, @howdy ! Very much appreciated, sir! :pray:

Clipboard01.jpg

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #51,551 of 62,746
How do they compare to your other buds?
Sorry, this is for the anker liberty 4
Curious whether they're better than live pro 2 or gb2p
I will do some A/B/C comparisons tonight and let you know.

Mar 7, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #51,552 of 62,746
OK, so using these all day, I struggled with the bass using the HearID combined with accoustic. So I ended up using hearID with my own custom EQ that toned the bass down just a bit. This made instruments like double bass sound more natural.

So I am finding the bass nice but slightly one noted.,the mids are scooped out of the box but can be brought up with EQ.

The treble is a bit strong but not quite as sharp as the L3P.

The GB2P has a much more more forward midrange and treble is almost as sharp. The bass is almost as strong. Detail retrieval on my Samsung Fold 4 is about as good as the L4.

I like the GB2P a bit more but is surrounded kind of sound which some people.might not like as much. It is also alot warmer sounding.

The JBL Live Pro 2 have more recessed mids and the treble is a bit more relaxed than the other 2. The over all signature is a bit colder than the GB2P, it is closer to the L4 in terms of overall signature but has less detail.

Just switched back the L4 and actually they are between the GB2P and JBL for warmth and definitely have better detail than the JBL and I think are better than the GB2P by just a bit.

Fit is more or less a tie between the JBL and L4 with the GB2P just behind the other 2. All are very comfy and no stem with the GB2P so slightly better for sleeping and outside.

I think ANC is close to a draw. The JBL and L4 blocked gym equipment sounds a bit more than the GB2P but the GB2P was a bit better at removing voices. Have not tried ambient enough to have an opinion yet.

The L4 are surprising me, but only after tweaking them alot. But to Soundcore's credit their app allows for lot of customization. JBL does as well but it's AAC limitation holds it back. Samsung on the other hand has very poor presets so you have to like their initial signature to enjoy them.

DHRME say the timbre of the L4 is better than the L3P but still off and I kind of understand why they say that. But I have been able to EQ most of that out.

Hmm, I had Dolby Atmos adapt sound enables and when I turned that off the L4 sounded more relaxed and enjoyable... might need more time LOL.

Anyway will leave this train of thought... :).

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #51,553 of 62,746
LOL other big boys are just to rich for my blood! In the $300 price range the Soundcore products do a pretty good job of competing as a value proposition.

OK, these Liberty 4 are growing on me already... they sound pretty darn good with Jazz and acoustic music, just listening to Project Trio Dr. Nick and the flutes and Double Bass in that were pretty amazing. Freddie Freeloader also sounded really good for Sax and the drum kit.

El Jefe nailed their signature in his review. They are not as harsh as the L3P for treble and a bit dialed back on the bass but not as dialed back as the A40 at least after applying the sound ID and Accoustic at least to my ears.

Will try a few more genres...
How do they compare to the GB2PRO?

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #51,554 of 62,746
Dear Head-Fiers,
Any thoughts on which should I choose: Fiio FW5 or nura NuraTrue Pro?

I'd primarily use them during treks, walks, working out or with PS5.
I don't commute that much (maybe twice a month), so ANC isn't really required. Furthermore, each of them would be paired with custom tips, so getting a good seal (and good passive isolation) should prove to be quite easy.

Potential source: HiBy R2 Gen 2 (just waiting for it to be delivered).

I do realise that the price difference is quite substantial, but that doesn't bother me that much.

I've already seen some posts regarding nura customer service and their occasional issues with Bluetooth stability, so I'm aware that paying more doesn't necessarily guarantee trouble-free operation..

Mar 7, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #51,555 of 62,746
OK, so using these all day, I struggled with the bass using the HearID combined with accoustic. So I ended up using hearID with my own custom EQ that toned the bass down just a bit. This made instruments like double bass sound more natural.

So I am finding the bass nice but slightly one noted.,the mids are scooped out of the box but can be brought up with EQ.

The treble is a bit strong but not quite as sharp as the L3P.

The GB2P has a much more more forward midrange and treble is almost as sharp. The bass is almost as strong. Detail retrieval on my Samsung Fold 4 is about as good as the L4.

I like the GB2P a bit more but is surrounded kind of sound which some people.might not like as much. It is also alot warmer sounding.

The JBL Live Pro 2 have more recessed mids and the treble is a bit more relaxed than the other 2. The over all signature is a bit colder than the GB2P, it is closer to the L4 in terms of overall signature but has less detail.

Just switched back the L4 and actually they are between the GB2P and JBL for warmth and definitely have better detail than the JBL and I think are better than the GB2P by just a bit.

Fit is more or less a tie between the JBL and L4 with the GB2P just behind the other 2. All are very comfy and no stem with the GB2P so slightly better for sleeping and outside.

I think ANC is close to a draw. The JBL and L4 blocked gym equipment sounds a bit more than the GB2P but the GB2P was a bit better at removing voices. Have not tried ambient enough to have an opinion yet.

The L4 are surprising me, but only after tweaking them alot. But to Soundcore's credit their app allows for lot of customization. JBL does as well but it's AAC limitation holds it back. Samsung on the other hand has very poor presets so you have to like their initial signature to enjoy them.

DHRME say the timbre of the L4 is better than the L3P but still off and I kind of understand why they say that. But I have been able to EQ most of that out.

Hmm, I had Dolby Atmos adapt sound enables and when I turned that off the L4 sounded more relaxed and enjoyable... might need more time LOL.

Anyway will leave this train of thought... :).
thanks for taking the time to detail all this. I've been eying the L4 for awhile but am wondering if I really need another tws (probabaly the wrong place share this thought.) =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back