Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 7, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #51,556 of 63,208
Dear Head-Fiers,
Any thoughts on which should I choose: Fiio FW5 or nura NuraTrue Pro?

I'd primarily use them during treks, walks, working out or with PS5.
I don't commute that much (maybe twice a month), so ANC isn't really required. Furthermore, each of them would be paired with custom tips, so getting a good seal (and good passive isolation) should prove to be quite easy.

Potential source: HiBy R2 Gen 2 (just waiting for it to be delivered).

I do realise that the price difference is quite substantial, but that doesn't bother me that much.

I've already seen some posts regarding nura customer service and their occasional issues with Bluetooth stability, so I'm aware that paying more doesn't necessarily guarantee trouble-free operation..
Personally, I prefer the NTP. Plus, they have wingtips to make them more secure for working out. YMMV with the FW5 for fitment. I returned my pair a few days after receiving. That said, both are a challenge regarding fit IMO.

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #51,557 of 63,208
How do they compare to the GB2PRO?
The GB2P is definitely more forward in the mids and has a slightly warmer signature. It has a more surround type effect.

The L4 can easily have to much bass making it a bit one noted. But can be tweaked to make it more enjoyable. I had to turn off Dolby Atmos adapt sound as it just made the bass and treble to etched.

So this is a TWS that will likely need to be adjusted to get it to where you want sonically. As compared to GB2P which is essentially designed to have a certain signature and the presets which are limited but easy to use.

Think using a Swiss army knife with every option versus a jack knife with a single blade :xf_cool: .

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #51,558 of 63,208
The GB2P is definitely more forward in the mids and has a slightly warmer signature. It has a more surround type effect.

The L4 can easily have to much bass making it a bit one noted. But can be tweaked to make it more enjoyable. I had to turn off Dolby Atmos adapt sound as it just made the bass and treble to etched.

So this is a TWS that will likely need to be adjusted to get it to where you want sonically. As compared to GB2P which is essentially designed to have a certain signature and the presets which are limited but easy to use.

Think using a Swiss army knife with every option versus a jack knife with a single blade :xf_cool: .
Would you be able to share your eq settings for the L4

I own these and kept them as I really liked the fit of them, sound is good for tws I feel overall.

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #51,559 of 63,208
Dear Head-Fiers,

I don't commute that much (maybe twice a month), so ANC isn't really required. Furthermore, each of them would be paired with custom tips, so getting a good seal (and good passive isolation) should prove to be quite easy.

I do realise that the price difference is quite substantial, but that doesn't bother me that much.

I've already seen some posts regarding nura customer service and their occasional issues with Bluetooth stability, so I'm aware that paying more doesn't necessarily guarantee trouble-free operation..
If you don’t need ANC I’d def go for the Noble FoKus Pro or Mystique

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #51,562 of 63,208
Noble is so rarely mentioned that I haven't stumbled upon any recent post praising their TWS.
If it wasn't for you, I would've missed them.
Thank you!
I’ll add to the Noble chorus…both Pro and Mystique are simply beautiful sounding. Mystique has a couple more features..transparency feature and better microphones in general.

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #51,563 of 63,208
Noble is so rarely mentioned that I haven't stumbled upon any recent post praising their TWS.
If it wasn't for you, I would've missed them.
Thank you!
The Noble Fokus Pro and Fokus Mystique have been mentioned on this thread for days, months, years. Just do a search in the upper right hand corner. Many of us, including me, are huge fans of them. Phenomenal sounding buds :beerchug:

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #51,564 of 63,208
The Noble Fokus Pro and Fokus Mystique have been mentioned on this thread for days, months, years. Just do a search in the upper right hand corner. Many of us, including me, are huge fans of them. Phenomenal sounding buds :beerchug:
1678223288383.jpeg

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #51,565 of 63,208
Mar 7, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #51,566 of 63,208
WOW, I was listening to tunes with the Liberty 4 and went to the washroom... I forgot my phone. The washroom was at least 35 paces away from my office with at least 6 walls separating me from my phone. I never lost connection.... This is running LDAC default adaptive rate. Thats amazing reception!

Mar 7, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #51,567 of 63,208
Dear Head-Fiers,

I have both and I would honestly suggets the NTP for sound quality, top end spacious staging and thump. But with so much time outdoors I'm really not confident you wont be in BT Cutout hell all day erry day. The FW5 is good too, I don't have any comfort issues with either but rarely do with any earbud, but as @erockg suggested, either of the Noble Fokus Pro or Mystique would be top-of-the-line for you.

Super comfy by most accounts, best sound quality in the business and great customer service.

Only thing to consider and this is why I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet, is that I don't know if they have a solid IPX rating. Noble are careful to not mention anything specific in this regard and just state that they will survive an occasional sweaty workout but aren't designed to be operated in the rain/sumerged in water etc. I use my tws mostly for running and sweat quite a lot so didn't want to tempt fate in that regard.

I'd probably still pick em though if I was starting fresh without a whole bunch of other models in my collection.

Mar 7, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #51,569 of 63,208
If they're so good, why aren't they at Walmart? 😃. Especially the super center, nexus of universe....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back