Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 5, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #51,526 of 62,809
A couple days into the Nuratrue Pro and noticing the Bluetooth cut outs are really strange and annoying. Any solutions?
I only cutouts outdoors. I turn wifi off (not 100% sure if this helps) and don't turn my head :sunglasses:

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #51,527 of 62,809
Mar 5, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #51,528 of 62,809
A couple days into the Nuratrue Pro and noticing the Bluetooth cut outs are really strange and annoying. Any solutions?
I haven’t had any issues with mine yet. 99% of the time I’m playing music from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using AAC. I’ve tried them with my SP3000 DAP and didn’t have any issues there

Mar 5, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #51,529 of 62,809
Just picked up the following earbuds this past 2 weeks:
Earfun Pro 3 -very good base but lacked detail and treble clarity
Edifier 240 -Excellent sound for an under $75 Bud. Soundstage a bit small and ANC is above average. Good all rounder
Bose Quiet Comfort II -Class leading ANC bar none. Sound is loud and clear but has a bit of an artificalness to it.....hard to describe, but the bass is a bit off
Bowers & Wilkens Pi7 S2 -Best in class sound vs any other TWS I have ever tested. Wide sound stage, great detail and instrument seperation. Nothing sounds aritfical or bloated. Bass is full but not overdone. Tonality and Timbre are spot on. Sound is warm but at the same time treble will add that detailed sparkle without the artifical crispiness that most cheaper earbuds give u at the upper ranges. Only negative with these is the price, average ANC, and no additional features with app. But if sound quality is your thing.....game over ...
B@W Pi7 version 1 is available for $ 200 used on various sites==just curious if you have heard or can compare the 1st version to the latest release-
$ 400 is a large amount to spend, $ 200 somehow sounds "reasonable"--IF the sq is "almost as good". Or just wait a few months and get the Pi7 S2 used
for a better price---if possible. Always want the best------usually regret trying to "save" money and buy used/old model. Looking for a bargain---but if you are not satisfied you are better off spending more and getting " the best"....whatever THAT is-----

Mar 5, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #51,530 of 62,809
Quick head turns are definitely a culprit.

Not a good option for folks in urban areas. You do have to turn your head to look out for things such as cars, pedestrians and cyclists - street signs and general people watching.,

Mar 5, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #51,531 of 62,809
It's a disease isn't it? I'm like that with golf equipment!

Since getting my Buds 2 pro with my s23 ultra I find I am not looking for anything new. Liberty4 I find is intriguing but I feel like the soundcore tws always get crazy good reviews as soon as the embargo is lifted and weeks later nobody talks about them. They always seem to miss the mark with one issue or another.

I think you have an interesting mix right now with varying sound signature and features.
If you can hold off I would wait for what is coming out later this year.
I have a feeling we are going to start seeing models using LC3 and getting much better battery life and better quality sound when not using hi res.....
Well you tried... but it fell on music filled ears...

I almost caved and bought the MTW3 but I backed off. Even on sale at $279 I just had to give my head a shake! I ended up buying the Liberty 4. They just ticked off to many boxes I want in a TWS, decent battery, LDAC support, dual driver, good mic quality. Plus the thought of the added health features had me intrigued.

The $149 price also was nothing to be sneazed at...

So out of the box I wondered what the hell I was thinking! They are truly atrocious if you don't use their app and all it's tools. In the end I used the HearID combined with Accoustic and now they are sounding pretty darn good. Will see if these stick with me or if I end up flipping them like other Soundcore products I have bought such as the Liberty 2 Pro, Liberty 3 Pro, and A40.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #51,532 of 62,809
After spending more time with the liberty pro 2's, well, ya get what ya pay for.. I knew going in they wouldn't be giant killers "are there any really"? Excellent for the clearance price, but Nobel, B&W, Sennheiser, Bose, B&O, Sony and the other high end makers have that secret sauce.... Maybe not so secret, it's called R&D.... 👍

Mar 5, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #51,533 of 62,809
LOL other big boys are just to rich for my blood! In the $300 price range the Soundcore products do a pretty good job of competing as a value proposition.

OK, these Liberty 4 are growing on me already... they sound pretty darn good with Jazz and acoustic music, just listening to Project Trio Dr. Nick and the flutes and Double Bass in that were pretty amazing. Freddie Freeloader also sounded really good for Sax and the drum kit.

El Jefe nailed their signature in his review. They are not as harsh as the L3P for treble and a bit dialed back on the bass but not as dialed back as the A40 at least after applying the sound ID and Accoustic at least to my ears.

Will try a few more genres...

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #51,534 of 62,809
I only cutouts outdoors. I turn wifi off (not 100% sure if this helps) and don't turn my head :sunglasses:
I had the exact same issues, lots of cutouts outdoors but rock solid indoors.

You should get a replacement. I've had a replacement for about 10/11 days and I've really put them through their paces on lots of walks, and in my city centre. Only one little cutout that whole time. The rest of the time Aptx Adaptive does its job and I maybe occasionally get the very audible 100-and-something kbps with half the frequency range chopped away, but Bluetooth is Bluetooth.

Their sound plus the (belated) stability is making these a keeper. Just wish they were as comfortable as the non-Pros, though they're still more comfortable than other TWS I've tried.

Mar 6, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #51,535 of 62,809
I've waited a couple of weeks to make sure I wasn't just in honeymoon phase but I'm pretty comfortable to say that the B&W PI7 S2 are by far the best sounding TWS buds I've heard. ANC isn't as good as others, but when it comes to sound they are simply superb. It’s a shame they fall down on other features but if you’re just after the best wireless buds for sound, these as surely it at the moment.

Mar 6, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #51,536 of 62,809
I've waited a couple of weeks to make sure I wasn't just in honeymoon phase but I'm pretty comfortable to say that the B&W PI7 S2 are by far the best sounding TWS buds I've heard. ANC isn't as good as others, but when it comes to sound they are simply superb. It’s a shame they fall down on other features but if you’re just after the best wireless buds for sound, these as surely it at the moment.
Thanks for the update. I'm looking at getting a pair of the B&W to compare it to the Mystique. What other TWS have you heard to compare these?

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #51,538 of 62,809
Thanks for the update. I'm looking at getting a pair of the B&W to compare it to the Mystique. What other TWS have you heard to compare these?
A lot but recent one are B&O EQ/EX, Sennheiser MTW 3, NuraTrue Pro, ATH-TWX9, B&W Pi7 (v1), Bose QC NCii, APP2

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #51,539 of 62,809
My WF-1000XM4s recently started having severe battery drain issues after almost a year and a half of daily use.

So, now I'm in the market for a new pair of earbuds. First, I'm an iPhone user and use it daily for both music and business purposes, (mostly Teams/Zoom meetings) so I need something that excels in both areas. The XM4s were good, but their mics were not the greatest.

Anyway, aside from the APP2, what is the best wireless earbuds these days? Also, it's important that it has good ANC and transparency modes for when I commute in the mornings.

You should contact Sony as the issue is with a update that affected lots of people myself included and I got a brand new pair and mine where way out of warranty as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #51,540 of 62,809
I know these have been brought up in this thread before but I just bought a pair of the 1More Comfobuds Mini, specifically for sleeping, and they are great for this intended purpose. As a TWS they are fine, but aside from being small, nothing really special, but as a "Sleeping" TWS, they are great. I tried the ADV. Sleeper TWS and they could have been great but could not get a consistent Bluetooth connection so I had to return. I've only had them for a few days, but served their purpose last night. ANC at the Mild setting worked to filter out the bear sleeping next to me. Now if they would just get rid of SoundID, not a fan at all! Just put in an EQ it's got to be cheaper than paying for licensing for SoundID. Aside from SoundID, my only other complaint is they should have made them a matte finish, the gloss finsih is so slippery for such a small headphone, especially when it's the middle of the night and you are hopefully half asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back