Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 19, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #51,256 of 62,326
First day with Mystique and omg they are so good. Only thing I don't like on Mystique is case. Feels cheap and has some cracking noice while opening. Mic is awesome. I've had them on for few hours , haven't got fatigue i usually have. I am selling Nuras most likely. I like sound on Mystique more, they seem much louder and clearer. ANC seems better and with Nuras i got some strange feeling sometimes when ANC is on. Like i am chewing some metal plates(sounds crazy but it's true) They are more comfortable. Used them both on S23U, but still haven't got Nuras BT receiver, maybe it would add more to sound but it's hard to get one at the moment. I hope i am done with new TWS for some time.
20230219_211101.jpg

Feb 19, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #51,257 of 62,326
The first time I bought them, I returned the Oppos because of the problem with larger tips. A few months later, I re-bought them because the offer was just too good to pass. I then discovered that I could shorten the stem of Spinfit CP100 tips (L or XL) to fit the case and use a tiny piece of cardboard wedged underneath the tip stem to keep the vent open. So there's a solution for Oppo Enco X2s and larger ears, as long as you're willing to perform a relatively simple mod.
I was just about to leave some feedback about the Oppo Enco X2 and it seems you didn't just have the same approach on buying them twice, but the same issues to get a good seal. For me the tips from a set of unused Edifier TWS did the trick.
I am not blaming Oppo but my elephant ears.

To me they sound great and NC is good too for a TWS. If I could find them again for the 120 USD I paid, I would be buying a second pair.

Feb 19, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #51,258 of 62,326
What???? 😃

The sound is amazing. I never thought TWS could sound this good.

-- just switched the sleeves out for the Azla Sedna Crystals. Huuuuge improvement!
There's nothing wrong with being happy, dude. Can't fault anyone for that. You love your ancient first gen Bose buds, right? Different strokes for different folks.

Feb 19, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #51,262 of 62,326
Feb 19, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #51,263 of 62,326
Has aptx lossless contrary to what he said though. 6000mah battery and front speakers and 165hz refresh rate!
Every phone that have Snapdragon gen 1+ is capable of supporting the lc3 codec. 165hz in a phone is almost useless (too small to see the differences), the speakers are the downgrade from the 5 if you compare them side by side. I am hoping they can bump the battery to 8 or 10k ( the new chip take too much battery to run).

Feb 19, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #51,264 of 62,326
Every phone that have Snapdragon gen 1+ is capable of supporting the lc3 codec. 165hz in a phone is almost useless (too small to see the differences), the speakers are the downgrade from the 5 if you compare them side by side. I am hoping they can bump the battery to 8 or 10k ( the new chip take too much battery to run).
What? The speakers on the ROG 6 are a not downgrade from the R0G 5. You sure you have had both? The 6 speakers are louder and sound cleaner. Plus the battery runtime is identical to the 5 regardless if the 6 uses a more powerful snapdragon gen 8 plus 1 vs the 888. Due to Asus better optimizing the battery

Feb 19, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #51,265 of 62,326
You’re right, but as I said before. Not all these guys have deep pockets, and this continuous hype, could be bad on their personal finances.. The fact is, all these so called killer improvements, are incremental at best.. no more hype, please... you seem to buy a new TWS every other day..
Yup. I do what I love. Some I keep, some I sell off, others I return. I don’t buy old tech. Most of the folks here buy every other day. It’s our hobby. I could never criticize anyone for what they do or think here. Who cares. Everyone poops.

Feb 19, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #51,266 of 62,326
I highly doubt Pixel will add aptx lossless since they're now using modem/soc by Samsung. Which was one of the reasons I left team Google along with the fact that they decided to stop releasing smaller flagship phones.

I loved the Pixel 5...I'd go for a Pixel in an instant if Google made a true successor to it.

What? The pixel currently supports AptX and AptX HD and LDAC with a Samsung SOC and modem. And what does a modem have to do with audio codecs?

You think Samsung is telling Google what audio codecs they can support? Do you have any actual information on Samsung or Google hinting that they will stop supporting AptX all of a sudden on Google devices? Please post any information you have. This would be fascinating news.

Feb 19, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #51,267 of 62,326
What? The pixel currently supports AptX and AptX HD and LDAC with a Samsung SOC and modem. And what does a modem have to do with audio codecs?

You think Samsung is telling Google what audio codecs they can support? Do you have any actual information on Samsung or Google hinting that they will stop supporting AptX all of a sudden on Google devices? Please post any information you have. This would be fascinating news.
Well LDAC and Aptx are apart of Android since many many versions ago. So I'm not sure were you got the idea that I said that Google will stop supporting it lol. Or why you're using it as an argument.

Not sure about aptx HD, it's an old codec so maybe they have some sort of agreement with Qualcomm for it's licence, obviously it's not a technical issue. But it's up to anyone to guess.

When it comes to the newer Aptx Adaptive/Lossless, not a single phone with a Samsung SoC/modem supports it including anything that Google has released. Despite Adaptive being quite well established by now.

Don't think any device without a qualcomm SoC supports it now that I think about it.

If this is Google/Samsung refusing to purchase the license or if its Qualcomm (licence or technical) your guess is as good as mine.

Aptx lossless is basically an extension of Adaptive, so far nothing is implying that any non Adaptive device will support it. The S23 series are a great example.

My guess it's that for Google it's a technical problem since Samsung made SoC don't support "Snapdragon Sound" for obvious reasons.

Wereas Samsung are straight up refusing to purchase the license since the hardware support for the S23 series is there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back