Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 15, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #51,124 of 62,171
Cool reaction.

Add ANC to the Mystique and I (and I guess a lot more people) may consider crossing the 300 barrier. ALTHOUGH, time, like you said, is of the essence.

Cheers for pushing the limits on TWS.
If the Mystiques are anything like the Fokus Pros, and I don’t see why they wouldn’t be, the passive noise canceling on those is pretty darn good. Obviously not as good as your top active noise canceling contenders, but they do block out a lot of noise.

Feb 15, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #51,128 of 62,171
Idk if any1 else has this problem but my Nuratrue Pro's left earbud is now "dead". It doesn't sense my touch so I can't reset it. The case doesn't charge it when I put it back in the case. When I connect my iPhone with it shows only right earbud is connected, still missing left one. So I cannot use the app to reset or do anything. I am now awaiting Nura's reply.

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #51,129 of 62,171
Well been playing with the Mystique for the last couple of hours, including an hour dog walk.

Sound wise these are my favorite TWS for sure. As per the last video review posted, I love bass but very glad I didn't get the new B&W because the Mystique bass is great and present, any more it would be too much, and they say the B&W is up there. This is good stuff. I have one hybrid IEM left, the Dunu 3001 and those are amazing to me. I've tried 4BA and a DD, and 5BA IEM's and I still think the Duno which have three BA and 1 DD are my favorite hybrid. Anyway, the Mystique is a great hybrid. I love the sound of good hybrid IEM's.

Fit is great for me, the stock tips are actually pretty good off the bat. The issues I have are quality of life with the controls. Not enough customization, no auto pause, and no option to turn on auto-pause when you enable transparency. Also to enable transparency the only option is a long long press on the left bud, and then the announcement that tells you it's on or off is just wordy and slow. After being used to super fast turning into and out of ambient mode while pausing music, it's annoying. A first world problem for sure but it's just not nearly as smooth as it should be considering where other IEM's are in that regard. Also the case is a bit too big compared to stuff like the Sony's and AZ60. The case does not open as smoothly as all my others, and the buds are not as easy to pop out. Not hard but nowhere as easy as my senns, technics and sony's. Passive isolation is quite good. ANC would be a nice to have for sure but you know going in they don't have any.

Oh these get loud, so plenty of headroom.

Will be selling my Sony XM4 for sure and possibly another of my other TWS.

I'm looking forward to more good true wireless hybrid IEM's coming out.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #51,131 of 62,171
@Khangero I have been tempted by the FW5, from what I have read you might not find a better sounding option in that price range. For me the lack of other features has held me off buying them. I like better battery life for one and do like good ambient and ANC. So between the those things and the fact I am using Samsung so am very limited in codec options in regard to all the APTx xx choices I have been hesitant. But ido think those will sound killer.
Yeah for sure it is not a unit with a feature rich setup. I'm real impressed with the sound and it connects to two devices, which is all I really needed. It is hitting hard enough on drums and the guitars sound all jangly like I like. LCD Soundsystem, the White Stripes, and The Fall sound great. First day.

Feb 15, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #51,132 of 62,171
Damn i use s23 ultra and LDAC is only one choice high quality codec Bluetooth. Can be seen on the market now almost hi-end tws use aptx codec and LDAC tws not many options. Aviot TE-Z1PNK is being rated as the best LDAC sound quality. I'm waiting for the new Sony XM5 tws and Technics AZ80 then decide which one to buy. Now i'm still happy with 80% worn out batery JVC FW1000t and the old LG v60
I hear you... My Fold 4 has that same limitation on Codecs, so I am also just waiting to what Sony and Technic's have in store this year. I am actually very happy with my WF-1000XM4 which caught me totally by surprise, But I have also owned and enjoyed a couple of Technics TWS. Will look into the Aviot and see what they are all about.

Feb 15, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #51,133 of 62,171
Have you tried them on adapters?
Not yet, I don't expect to use them that way, but maybe.. the fidelity I'm getting simply exceeds bluetooth's technical abilities...
It took me so long to finally come up with the Bose tip solution. I was using straws with shrink tubing, while gluing tip.. basically anything to extend the stems.. That's the beauty of the Bose tips. They are not meant to be inserted down into the ear canal. They just seal the outer opening.. luckily the sound still fires directly down the canal...

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #51,134 of 62,171
The pixel 7 pro is finally an excellent all around Google phone. I've had three earlier ones. Unfortunately no AptX adaptive, but AptX and AptX HD, plus LDAC

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #51,135 of 62,171
Damn i use s23 ultra and LDAC is only one choice high quality codec Bluetooth. Can be seen on the market now almost hi-end tws use aptx codec and LDAC tws not many options. Aviot TE-Z1PNK is being rated as the best LDAC sound quality. I'm waiting for the new Sony XM5 tws and Technics AZ80 then decide which one to buy. Now i'm still happy with 80% worn out batery JVC FW1000t and the old LG v60

Cool that our paths are quite similar, I have only recently switched from my FW1000t (retired in glory) to the TE-Z1PNK after one whole evening of demoing in Akibahara during my Jan trip to Tokyo. I play AAC out of iphone - not the same source so not a reliable A/B test but to me it sounds quite a lot better than when I play LDAC out of my Sony DAP. I believe in tech and figures and stuff but at the end of the day BT SQ relies a lot on implementation, and I think Apple really know how to make full use of the versatile AAC through implementation on their devices to outdo any other codecs that do better on paper.

I finally had the chance to demo the Mystique a couple of days ago........I'll reserve judgment till it's being burnt in a little (a new pair belonging to a friend) but initial impression: 10 hours out of the box it can't even match the FW1000t on SQ, not to say the PNK - a fairly artificial peak (or peaks) around the top of the presence range coupled with rather sharp drop off in the trebles (possibly masked by the said peak) kills the deal. But it's darn comfy in the ears and I haven't tested any of its other capabilities than SQ. Pretty sure I'd give it another go after some more burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back