Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #50,716 of 62,692
possibly. :D I am probably one of the few that still has my working PI3s
I used to love these:

Image may contain Electronics Headphones and Headset

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #50,717 of 62,692
Thanks dude, but I am too sour to give them more money now. Besides, the PI8s are just around the corner (stirs pot) :D
We already had this discussion. No they won't! Too much $$$. I have to believe this. It's true. Yes yes.

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #50,718 of 62,692
Hey this is a learning curve for all of us … even the top end folk with all the TOTL cables and IEMs racked up.

The Mest 2 and Indigo are compelling. I bought the Empire Ears Odin, often referenced in top tier lists. Had to sell it on instantly. Completely flat soundstage. I’m sat here with my Indigos in, beautiful and spherical. It’s bonkers and having my iPod max to compare to keeps me grounded as they’re bloody good but not in any way comparable for serious listening.

Anyway I don’t want to divert this thread off track as I’m genuinely interested in how TWS tech has moved on. I’m thinking Noble must be near the top of the pile?
You might like the Kublai Khan. I bought them because I was so impressed with the FoKus. Thanks for the skinny on Odin. I think I’ll skip those. The Vision EXT sounds nice and are very comfy but I kind of wish I hadn’t bought them

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #50,719 of 62,692
Today i dropped my fold 4. ****ing hell. Car, kids and bags... And trying to open it makes cracking noice now.great , great phone but super delicate.
Sorry to hear that. Happy Fold 2 user here. Looking forward to seeing what the Fold 5 brings this year to see if there is finally a reason for me to upgrade. Had Fold 2 since launch, removed inside screen protector 6mo in and have no issues. First phone I've been happy with for multiple years without feeling upgrade bug

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #50,720 of 62,692
Never got the S2s. I did read that v2 was supposedly louder than the originals. B&W screwed me on the coupon. I should send them a picture of all their stuff I have in the house :D
If it makes you feel better, I didn't get one either...(probably my own fault for having turned off email offers, although I really dont remember doing that). Good excuse to save some extra cash I guess. i will join you in waiting for those PI8s!

Seriously though, not being able to toggle transparency/ambient without opening the app is a deal breaker for me and was one of the main reasons why I sold off the PI7 once I got the MTW3 (TWS is about convenience for me and I still like my MTW3 as an all-rounder). My Px7 S2 and Px8 can toggle through ANC, transparency and both ANC and transparency mode off with one physical button (no app needed) so they have thought of it when developing other products.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #50,721 of 62,692
Today i dropped my fold 4. ****ing hell. Car, kids and bags... And trying to open it makes cracking noice now.great , great phone but super delicate.
Ouch... that really sucks. Just got mine and been obessessing on the right case and also ordered a holster because of how I mangled my S20 falling out of my shirt pocket all the time.

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #50,722 of 62,692
With that in mind, are there any TWS which are notably louder than the likes of the B&W PI7 S2, and also the Sony WF1000XM4 which I have here with me, that also dont sound trash?

I am thinking of trying out the Nuratrue Pros but am awaiting a reply from their support (which is stated to take up to a week) as to where they ship from, and where I would be expected to return them to (I am in the UK) should I choose not to keep them in the 30 day trial. I think I read someone in this thread say that that are pretty loud for TWS.
The Mystiques are loud. Really loud. Good sound but yo they blastin’, I’ve been using the EQ to drop the volume so I can get more granular control.

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #50,723 of 62,692
The Mystiques are loud. Really loud. Good sound but yo they blastin’, I’ve been using the EQ to drop the volume so I can get more granular control.
I cancelled my order of the Pros when I realised there is no ambient mode, my use case for TWS will be in an office environment where I will need to hear if someone speaks to me. I guess given that I will probably stick with the Pi7 S2s.

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #50,724 of 62,692
Ouch... that really sucks. Just got mine and been obessessing on the right case and also ordered a holster because of how I mangled my S20 falling out of my shirt pocket all the time.
I have Samsung fold case with pen and it sucks. It got all kinds of bruises through case. I have insurance but cannot claim it atm since i am traveling in 2 days. I really hope it last me next 2 weeks and will not open it at all since there are cracking sounds. so annoyed...

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #50,725 of 62,692
Sorry to hear that. Happy Fold 2 user here. Looking forward to seeing what the Fold 5 brings this year to see if there is finally a reason for me to upgrade. Had Fold 2 since launch, removed inside screen protector 6mo in and have no issues. First phone I've been happy with for multiple years without feeling upgrade bug

Yeah. Luckily I have insurance. First time in more than 4 years i dropped a phone.

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #50,726 of 62,692
I have the Fold 3 and I kinda love it and I kinda just want to trade it for another phone as fast as possible.
The outside screen is way too narrow and I make errors while typing all the time and I feel like the outside screen is too cramped and the inside screen is too large to comfortably type LONGER messages on. It's fine for everything else, but communicating and writing messages/mails etc I don't feel like doing on my phone.
I also think the camera is kinda doo-doo, but the Z Fold 4 seems to be a major step up in that department... those things alone are enough for me to want to get another phone, despite actually loving the overall foldable experience...

Feb 3, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #50,727 of 62,692
I put Azla tips on and they do well. I do agree with others that the Mystique seem slightly smaller, but not a huge diff. Sad you can't do them. I'm rockin' my Campfire Andromeda 2020 with the Shure adapters and they're perfect. Zero issues. Incredible sound. You could just go all in :)

I've been rocking Solaris with the Shure adapters...I wonder if I should just try that for a Zoom call and see how the audio is...

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #50,728 of 62,692
Got the Noble FoKus Mystique today. The initial tunning is far from what I prefer so gave the EQ a chance but still it's not my cup of tea. Anyone in the UK interested in getting them off my hands? Sending them back to the US will be a customs hell I presume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back