Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #50,641 of 62,405
Amazon UK have a deal on the new EarFun Air 3 Pro I posted a few pages back, BT 5.3+LE audio and L3C+Multipoint (the Chipset support a lot more but not sure if they added support for it all).

EarFun Air Pro 3​

The world's 1st LE-audio ANC true wireless earbuds

• Personalize Your Buds with EarFun Audio App
  • All-new Multi-device Connectivity
  • Build-in Qualcomm® QCC3071 SoC with aptX™ adaptive Audio Tech
  • QuietSmart™ 2.0 Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation up to 43dB
  • Enhanced 6-mic array + cVc™ 8.0 tech for Superior Clarity Call Quality
  • Bluetooth 5.3 + Next-gen LE Audio & LC3 codec, for ultra-low power consumption and stable transmission
  • Premium Immersive Sound with 11mm Wool Composite Drivers
  • <55ms Ultra Low Latency Mode for Better Video & Gaming Experience
  • IPX5 Sweat & Water Resistant
  • 45-hour Playtime: 9 Hours + 36Hours with Charging Case
    Fast Charging, 10 Min Charging = 2 Hours Playtime
  • Wireless Charging Compatible
  • Intuitive Touch Control

Chipset: QCC3071

Bluetooth:
Specification Version:
Bluetooth® 5.3, Bluetooth® 5.3 Qualified
Connection Technology: Bluetooth® Low Energy, Bluetooth® Classic, Dual-mode Bluetooth
Topologies: Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Mirroring technology
Classic Data Rate: 3 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps

Audio:
Qualcomm® aptX™ audio technology support:
Qualcomm® aptX™ Audio, Qualcomm® aptX™ Voice, Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive, Qualcomm® aptX™ Lossless
Qualcomm® Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology support: Adaptive Transparency, Feedforward, Feedback, Adaptive, Hybrid
Qualcomm® cVc™ Echo Cancelling and Noise Suppression (ECNS) technology support: 1-mic Earbuds, 3-mic Earbuds, 2-mic Earbuds

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/application/audio/qcc30xx-series/qcc3071

I bet this sound warm due to the wool drivers! 😉
Do you need a device that supports LC3 to actually use this codec? For instance, if I'm using this TWS with iPhone, does it use AAC or LC3?

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #50,643 of 62,405
I'm completely happy with my current range. Nuratrue Pro continues to impress. But I can't help myself from wanting to get the Unique Melody U-Free. There's something about getting a bud before the official release.

1675204330322.png

I don't even like the design that much, kinda looks like a Soundpeats shell and from the sounds of things they messed up their first attempt at tws. But damn it I still want these.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #50,644 of 62,405
What are you looking to do with it as I have both the Chinese KB9P and the Creative BT-W4 (you just missed a deal) and there are Pros and Cons for both?
Trying to get Aptx adaptive going on my IPhone. I have a creative BTW4 laying around. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work with the Nuras. It supports AptxHD but not adaptive. It connects but there was an issue with the gain. The volume output on the headphone was completely jacked and the iPhone slider did nothing. Interestingly I connected it to my px8 which does support AptxHD and it worked flawlessly. I looked at the BTW4 but it doesn’t support Aptx lossless so it looks like waiting for the Nura seems to be the best bet. I hope the gain issue isn’t an iPhone problem. Has anyone tried the Nura dongle with an iPhone? Fwiw the px8 sound better over the BTW3 than AAC. Everything sounds a bit sharper/crisper and slightly less warm.

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #50,645 of 62,405
Have we not spoke about this before?

The BT-W4 cannot do aptX HD or aptX LL (aptX Adaptive has its own type of LL and HD modes), with KB9P you can choose any Codec and even the aptX Adaptive Mode (LL or HD).

IMO any issue may well be due to Apples closed Eco System, try it on an Android or a PC.

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #50,646 of 62,405

The BT-W4 cannot do aptX HD or aptX LL (aptX Adaptive has its own type of LL and HD modes), with KB9P you can choose any Codec and even the aptX Adaptive Mode (LL or HD).

IMO any issue may well be due to Apples closed Eco System, try it on an Android or a PC.
Maybe but not in this context. Does the KB do Aptx lossless? Because the Nura offers Aptx Lossless which is an upgrade over adaptive right? As far as iOS yeah could be although the Px8 worked fine.

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #50,647 of 62,405

Correction I have a W3 not W4 on hand. The W3 does do AptxHD. The W4 does not.

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #50,648 of 62,405
With the BT-W4 you will be stuck with SBC/aptX/aptX Adaptive and no way to choose its LL or HD type Modes and it will be 24/48k period.

With the KB9P you have SBC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/aptX Adaptive and will be able to choose the LL or HD type Modes but we do not know for sure if the BT output is 24/96k but the USB side is and for some reason 16/44.1k is missing so it starts at 16/48k (if you listen to CD rips not ideal).

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #50,650 of 62,405
Hello, who have both devices or at least have tried them - nuratrue pro and noble mystique , which one you prefer more and why ?
I can let you know on tuesday when my Fokus Mystiques will arrive! I'm counting down the hours until they'll arrive... I hope I'm not gonna be disappointed!

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #50,652 of 62,405
Trying to get Aptx adaptive going on my IPhone. I have a creative BTW4 laying around. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work with the Nuras. It supports AptxHD but not adaptive. It connects but there was an issue with the gain. The volume output on the headphone was completely jacked and the iPhone slider did nothing. Interestingly I connected it to my px8 which does support AptxHD and it worked flawlessly. I looked at the BTW4 but it doesn’t support Aptx lossless so it looks like waiting for the Nura seems to be the best bet. I hope the gain issue isn’t an iPhone problem. Has anyone tried the Nura dongle with an iPhone? Fwiw the px8 sound better over the BTW3 than AAC. Everything sounds a bit sharper/crisper and slightly less warm.
I use the BTW4 with the TWX9. I was having the volume issue also but i figured it out. Once the buds connect to the btw4, the volume control on the buds stop working (not sure if this happens with other buds) and the volume control on my Android phone controls Media. It does NOT control bluetooth volume. I can't find a way to control bluetooth volume once they are connected. So the key is to start using the buds without the btw4, crank the bluetooth volume, then connect the btw4. Not sure if this work-around will help with iphone, but you can try

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #50,653 of 62,405
Ok so as I wait to make a dispute with AliExpress I decide to order from them 1 last time. This time decided rather than look at prefer I found a seller who has sold nearly 400 units and 4.8* review rather than going for the lowest price with a seller that had no information but lowest price.

I am either a glutton for punishment or have learned what to look for in evaluation of the stores there. Hope someone learns from my experience.

That said I got them in gold color lol. The mockup pics looked meh but did Google image search and the case is a nice bushed golf color and the buds are not champagne but true gold color shiny.

Think this will be my last tws purchase until the next gen of phones support aptx lossless where we no longer have to have any bandwidth limitations and can finally get atrue iem sound experience.
345245176_1671097746519.jpg

Feb 1, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #50,654 of 62,405
I use the BTW4 with the TWX9. I was having the volume issue also but i figured it out. Once the buds connect to the btw4, the volume control on the buds stop working (not sure if this happens with other buds) and the volume control on my Android phone controls Media. It does NOT control bluetooth volume. I can't find a way to control bluetooth volume once they are connected. So the key is to start using the buds without the btw4, crank the bluetooth volume, then connect the btw4. Not sure if this work-around will help with iphone, but you can try
Seems like a similar issue but mine was that the volume was fixed in the max position with no ability to lower it.

Feb 1, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #50,655 of 62,405
Final ZE8000 in the house. Initial impressions are that I'm somewhat underwhelmed on a few fronts. The build quality is decent but not great but the case is really flimsy. I actually like the form factor and fit (setting aside the looks). I got a nice snug fit with the Large tips. Turning to sound, I'm not sure what to think. If the 8k toggle does something, damn if I can tell. I am using an iphone over AAC so maybe that's part of it. I'd be really hard-pressed to pick up any difference between 8k and no 8k. Maybe someone with golden ears could. The default tuning is warm and thick. Switching to the major hifi eq recommendation, things improve. They sound nice - but not that nice. Soundstage is very nice for a TWS but they don't sound as open as the Nuras on spatial. I may just be spoiled by the Nuras at this point but I don't think they best the Nura. They are a little bit dark and veiled but that's not what's holding me back. They don't sound special to me. The Nuras, the EX and the Fokus Pro all had an immediate wow factor that makes you want to pick them up. Not feeling that here. I'll need more time with them to be sure. They may be a slow grower. In short, I can't find anything to criticize but I also can't find anything to really praise. Ymmv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back