Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 12, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #50,161 of 62,437
1673569457325.jpeg
Sorry, trying to do this on a phone on vacation.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #50,164 of 62,437
Anyone adding EQ on top of the personal sound profile?
I didn't do any EQ as the profile tech works well. And I also tried to create another file for my wife, it sounds completely different. Technology is fun. You can't choose how another profile sounds, you just have to try with different person to know this TWS can sound in many ways.

Jan 12, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #50,166 of 62,437
Replacement APP2 are legit. Connected properly, showed up in setting etc. sound is on point. The plot thickens because apple repair said the original pair is fixed and ready for pickup. I haven’t gone yet. I’m almost positive they were fakes. What are odds Apple just replaced them for me anyway?

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #50,167 of 62,437
Replacement APP2 are legit. Connected properly, showed up in setting etc. sound is on point. The plot thickens because apple repair said the original pair is fixed and ready for pickup. I haven’t gone yet. I’m almost positive they were fakes. What are odds Apple just replaced them for me anyway?
I wonder who will be waiting for you at pickup? Maybe you'll get frisked.

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #50,169 of 62,437
Jan 12, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #50,170 of 62,437
Jan 12, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #50,172 of 62,437
Just unpacked my CA Orbit and it is wow. I have the B&O ex, Bose QC II, ATH-TWX9, Beyerdynamic Free Bird, xm4, and the Fokus Pro. The only real competitor is Fokus Pro. And these beat them hands down. But… it’s a really a good thing the sound is so breathtaking, because the IOS app just crashes and so I can’t explore the EQ. I’m sure the app will be fixed pretty soon.
I am a real CA fanboy and these truly have the magic I hear in my Dorado 2020 and Ara. Just wow

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #50,173 of 62,437
Just unpacked my CA Orbit and it is wow. I have the B&O ex, Bose QC II, ATH-TWX9, Beyerdynamic Free Bird, xm4, and the Fokus Pro. The only real competitor is Fokus Pro. And these beat them hands down. But… it’s a really a good thing the sound is so breathtaking, because the IOS app just crashes and so I can’t explore the EQ. I’m sure the app will be fixed pretty soon.
I am a real CA fanboy and these truly have the magic I hear in my Dorado 2020 and Ara. Just wow
I didn't have any issues with the app and I'm on iOS too. Did have issues with ghost taps and they'd randomly pause on me or skip tracks. Drove me nuts. Everything working good for you there? I'm going to reorder a replacement soon... Did they prompt you to do a firmware update out of the box? The soundstage is great, same with the sub-bass etc. Great instrument separation too.

Jan 12, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #50,174 of 62,437
I didn't have any issues with the app and I'm on iOS too. Did have issues with ghost taps and they'd randomly pause on me or skip tracks. Drove me nuts. Everything working good for you there? I'm going to reorder a replacement soon... Did they prompt you to do a firmware update out of the box? The soundstage is great, same with the sub-bass etc. Great instrument separation too
The buds chime but not sure how to do a firmware update without the app. The app crashes whether the buds are on or off; paired or not. I’ve “forgotten” them in Bluetooth, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing changes. I’ve just been listening so I haven’t had any of the issues you mention.

Jan 13, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #50,175 of 62,437
The buds chime but not sure how to do a firmware update without the app. The app crashes whether the buds are on or off; paired or not. I’ve “forgotten” them in Bluetooth, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing changes. I’ve just been listening so I haven’t had any of the issues you mention.
Can you install the app on an iPad or M1 Mac to test? CA are very responsive to emails. I’m sure they’d try and help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back